What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFrog

Coach
Paul Franze perhaps?
Had some skill this bloke, but came to us following a knee reconstruction and took most of the year to get over it. Showed some form in the latter stages of the year when we went on a winning run to just miss the finals, but by that time he'd signed elsewhere. As it turns out he was never heard of again.

Kilkenny

Coach
ZDC released soon to knights is rumour

Certainly didn't give any impression he was going anywhere when interviewed at Club Presentation last week.

Sounded quite positive, hoping to play hooker next year and determined to grab his chance if an opportunity presents itself to make his NRL debut.

roofromoz

First Grade
Although I think he started to come good in the last few games he played I do recall the jubilation when he left.

I thought he went OK from memory too, just what I remember back in '05... was definitely the whipping boy. Scored that try on the buzzer to beat the Broncos at the death late in the season to keep our ultimately fruitless late charge to the finals alive. Also can't help but think though how many more tries Rooney would have scored that year if Franze passed it to his unmarked team mate.

roofromoz

First Grade
Had some skill this bloke, but came to us following a knee reconstruction and took most of the year to get over it. Showed some form in the latter stages of the year when we went on a winning run to just miss the finals, but by that time he'd signed elsewhere. As it turns out he was never heard of again.

He went to the Super League (Castleford) and then played lower grades in France and England.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Franze

I actually thought he switched to rugby union after 2005.

I thought he went OK from memory too, just what I remember back in '05... was definitely the whipping boy. Scored that try on the buzzer to beat the Broncos at the death late in the season to keep our ultimately fruitless late charge to the finals alive. Also can't help but think though how many more tries Rooney would have scored that year if Franze passed it to his unmarked team mate.

The amount of death stares Rooney gave Franze during 2005 was frightening.

I still remember someone in this forum posting a song about Franze to the tune of "Pass the Dutchie"

franklin2323

Immortal
Certainly didn't give any impression he was going anywhere when interviewed at Club Presentation last week.

Sounded quite positive, hoping to play hooker next year and determined to grab his chance if an opportunity presents itself to make his NRL debut.

The second part of that is key. IF at Newcastle he'd be bench hooker

Status
Not open for further replies.