What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe there's people in here saying we've got a bottom 2 squad,

Our top 1-17 now basically had a 60% win rate after being thrown together at round 10, and after half a year in first grade, a full preseason as professionals, the likes of to'o, Naden, chrighton, leniu, burns, Kenny, and anyone Ive forgotten will all be much better by round 1,
With a more experienced, stable squad, and an attacking coach that knows how to attack, I feel a whole lot more optimistic about the 2020 season then I was about the 2019 season.

The squad next year is not more experienced. We’ve lost a considerable amount of experience, something close to 500 games give or take a bit. (Maybe as much as 700 games if Whare leaves)

The issue is young players are inconsistent, and we’re stacked to the tooth with youth.

Big Mick

Referee
Shannon Boyd is not who we should be after in my opinion.

Big lump who can't slide in defense and awful on the goal line.

Watch Canberra in 2018 and see how many tries were scored up the middle and a lot were his responsibility because he couldn't slide. There is a reason Canberra were comfortable to let him go and it wasn't the money.

MugaB

Coach
Shannon Boyd is not who we should be after in my opinion.

Big lump who can't slide in defense and awful on the goal line.

Watch Canberra in 2018 and see how many tries were scored up the middle and a lot were his responsibility because he couldn't slide. There is a reason Canberra were comfortable to let him go and it wasn't the money.
He would be a terrible signing, what has he done at the gold coast? Big micks right, why have this massive dude, but have absolutely no defence in return

betcats

Referee
The raiders defensive problem last year was that they had Junior Paulo, Boyd and Pappi all in the middle, that is three big slow motherf**kers with shit lateral movement. Putting it on Boyd is not accurate at all, he does have poor lateral movement but so do lots of props. he just needs to slim down a bit, but he has plenty of potential if used the right way, most of our props are pretty good athlettes I don't see it being an issue here if he is fit. Anything he did this year should be taken with a grain of salt, you know cause its the tits.

OldPanther

Coach

Everyone missing this?

Tamou aiming to secure new Panthers deal

"Following the exit of several veterans, Penrith will field one of the NRL's youngest squads and after getting his first taste of captaincy, their oldest player James Tamou is determined to keep the role.

Penrith started last season with a six-man captaincy group before Tamou, who returned to pre-season training this week, was named their sole skipper in April during the side's six-game losing streak.

He went on to play in every game under Ivan Cleary as the club regrouped but ultimately just missed out on the finals.

There were reports late in the season that Cleary could go down the path of making his 21-year-old son Nathan - who was also one of the six leadership group members last year - the captain of an inexperienced squad in 2020.

The departures of James Maloney and Reagan Campbell-Gillard, combined with the mid-year exits of Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Waqa Blake, leaves the Panthers with almost 600 games of experience lost over the past 12 months.
Api Korosau's arrival to the club softens the blow but overall the Panthers will go into the 2020 season with most of their squad tallying less than 50 games of NRL experience.

Tamou, who turns 31 next month, is the oldest player on the squad's list and is keen to keep the captaincy.

"I'd love to, but I'd follow wherever Ivan's going," Tamou said on Wednesday.
"If Ivan does give it to me, I would absolutely love to. This club has been a massive part of myself and my family so there's nothing more that I would love to do than captain it again.

"He's got the vision there and like I said, there's a good batch of boys coming through where I'm happy just to be the leader and put them on a good path.

"Every now and then you need to hear one voice but at the moment all of the boys are putting their voice in which is good to see."

Tamou is off contract at the end of next season and was effectively free to negotiate with rival clubs from November 1 but is determined to extend his time in Penrith.

He finished the 2019 season as one of Cleary's most consistent forwards alongside injured Kiwi international James Fisher-Harris.

"Thinking about it right now, 100%, we've got such a young group here and there's nothing more I want to do than stick around," Tamou said.

"But first thing on my list is to play good footy to put my hands up for the Panthers to look at me.

"I would love to stay, that's my priority but there's a lot of work that comes before it."

Fijian forward Viliame Kikau, Koroisau and Samoan trio Jarome Luai, Moses Leota and Brian To'o remain on annual leave following their international duties earlier this month.

Fisher-Harris (pectoral) and Nathan Cleary (toe) remain on light duties following surgeries over the break."

franklin2323

Immortal
He is apparently on $500k at the moment so getting him down closer to $350 with the titans help could be possible.
Maybe a bit of a risk but he would at least be as good as RCG was last year.

He has more experience than any of our forwards except Tamou. has played for Australia and 28 with very few injuries previously.. If you can get someone like that for 300-400k then why not?

Zampaa

Juniors
The squad next year is not more experienced. We’ve lost a considerable amount of experience, something close to 500 games give or take a bit. (Maybe as much as 700 games if Whare leaves)

The issue is young players are inconsistent, and we’re stacked to the tooth with youth.

I worded things quite poorly, I meant to say the kids are more experienced, and we can't really make a comment about overall experience loss until round 1, impossible to make a judgement until we know who we're bringing in, and who else is leaving.

I worded things quite poorly, I meant to say the kids are more experienced, and we can't really make a comment about overall experience loss until round 1, impossible to make a judgement until we know who we're bringing in, and who else is leaving.

Fair enough, but young guys need experience around them. We honestly have very little of that to help them.

I mean Nathan Cleary could be the 4th most experienced player in the team depending on selections. Only 3 guys are more experienced that are guaranteed a spot I’d say (Tamou, Yeo & Apisai)

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It’s all speculation, we continue to be linked to nobody :grinning:

Hence my question mark ......?

Who though is on the market for us to be linked to............

As I've said on many occassions before I'm not willing to begin holding forth to 'We'll all be rooned.......'

Until we see how everyone performs in the ealy part of 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts