What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Grand

Juniors
Rugby league is a combat type of sport,the more aggression the better the team goes,so Iam happy with Tetevano signing.
Iam sure JFH and Leota will appreciate another tough nut in the middle and hopefully Hetherington can add some more pain to opposition teams..The team will do much better then last year 100%..

Fangs

Coach
Trade season so far: C-

Tetevano/Capewell are decent players, Korisau a very good player. Capewell/Korisau cover gaps in our roster (Especially experience) and Tetevano increases the fight for spots up front. My bet is Leota is the one to miss our round 1 as I'm a big fan of Leinu and think 2020 will be a huge year from him. Tamou/JFH/Tetevano are the first 3 picked.

Minus points for not signing an outside back (yet...). It felt like our weakest area after hooker and we've spent it on utility/forward pack.

Wasn't as hopeless as I thought it would be. Though still feels like a complete lack of planning and foresight which makes me minus the score again. They've restored a bit of faith in Fangs but not all of it. If they improve recruitment in 2020 I'll be back on board #ivanforever.

OldPanther

Coach

Tetevano/Capewell are decent players, Korisau a very good player. Capewell/Korisau cover gaps in our roster (Especially experience) and Tetevano increases the fight for spots up front. My bet is Leota is the one to miss our round 1 as I'm a big fan of Leinu and think 2020 will be a huge year from him. Tamou/JFH/Tetevano are the first 3 picked.

Minus points for not signing an outside back (yet...). It felt like our weakest area after hooker and we've spent it on utility/forward pack.

Wasn't as hopeless as I thought it would be. Though still feels like a complete lack of planning and foresight which makes me minus the score again. They've restored a bit of faith in Fangs but not all of it. If they improve recruitment in 2020 I'll be back on board #ivanforever.

Our master has spoken.

OldPanther

Coach
Moses signed for around 750k. I reckon if signed him at end of year he get closer to 1 million. Superb season.

Sivo and MJ wouldn't be on a heap.
Gutherson average for a fullback
Fergo 500k which is fair for him
Blake I heard Panthers are chipping in but I doubt a lot. He would of had interest from a few clubs.

Sivo needs an upgrade, we were paying for 2019 on Blake(I think) and Fergo is a rep player.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I believe we've done OK with those who were available. Yep I would have liked Hargraves. (every club would have love him) My neice )roosters member) messaged me today and said tetevano was a great pick up. I think from the those we have done 'very well' (to quote Mr Grace, for those who are old enough to understand this comment LOL)

Hey Fangs what's this speaking in the 3rd person bit ?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
We could pick a cheap outside back. So far Mitchell was the only one for sale. But far too expensive for what he offers at centre.

I think Whare (injury free) and Naden could be up for wonderful 2020. With a dash of Sauce and To'o.

MugaB

Coach

I'm actually thinking JFH won't start due to his pec injury, even if he has recovered, they might have him off the bench atleast for 1st and 2nd rounds, you'd have to pick him, but maybe not for 1st 20mins, and with it being against the roosters, probably will be Tetevano and Tamou start, with Leota, and JFH off the bench, Yeo at lock, Martin and Kikau Back row, Capewell off the bench,

Edwards.
Mansour.
Naden.
Whare.
To'O.
Luai.
Cleary.

Tamou.
Korisau.
Tevetano.
Kikau.
Martin.
Yeo.

Kenny.
Capewell.
Leota
JFH.

No youngings yet, But if one of these guys aren't fit, Burns gets in, covers centre or back row, dependant on whos out, and Naden covers wing or Fullback

That's pretty much the top 17 for me
And if the backs aren't upto scratch then Burton, Crichton, Burns come in fulltime to replace them.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm actually thinking JFH won't start due to his pec injury, even if he has recovered, they might have him off the bench atleast for 1st and 2nd rounds, you'd have to pick him, but maybe not for 1st 20mins, and with it being against the roosters, probably will be Tetevano and Tamou start, with Leota, and JFH off the bench, Yeo at lock, Martin and Kikau Back row, Capewell off the bench,

Edwards.
Mansour.
Naden.
Whare.
To'O.
Luai.
Cleary.

Tamou.
Korisau.
Tevetano.
Kikau.
Martin.
Yeo.

Kenny.
Capewell.
Leota
JFH.

No youngings yet, But if one of these guys aren't fit, Burns gets in, covers centre or back row, dependant on whos out, and Naden covers wing or Fullback

That's pretty much the top 17 for me
And if the backs aren't upto scratch then Burton, Chriton, Burns come in fulltime to replace them.

If we go the safe route that is the top 17. No one in different positions I think it makes the 8. Not sure it does much more then that is the issue and why I think we need to try things as the year goes on

OldPanther

Coach
Unsure who the leaders in team are.
Tamou has leadership qualities. But I do not see to many others.

They need to make Cleary captain. He's the main half now who can't afford to have another dominant voice on field in a relatively young team.

MugaB

Coach
They need to make Cleary captain. He's the main half now who can't afford to have another dominant voice on field in a relatively young team.
Tamou, and Yeo for mine, Cleary is still young, and can't be overloading him with captaincy duties, but he'll still be in charge on the plays and directions on field, but as for walking and talking to the officials has to be Tamou or Yeo

Fangs

Coach
I'm actually thinking JFH won't start due to his pec injury, even if he has recovered, they might have him off the bench atleast for 1st and 2nd rounds, you'd have to pick him, but maybe not for 1st 20mins, and with it being against the roosters, probably will be Tetevano and Tamou start, with Leota, and JFH off the bench, Yeo at lock, Martin and Kikau Back row, Capewell off the bench

You are probably right about JFH. Depends how he recovers.

My fandom for Leinu would have him on the bench round 1. But it's more likely the experienced heads get the first shot.

That would mean Capewell starting over Martin. I think he has been signed as either a starting backrower or bench utility so he could fill either role.

Fangs

Coach
Cleary to captain is inevitable, but 2020 is too soon. He has yet to show he has a voice on the field (Confirmed by Fittler at Origin level as well). We need an experienced player to captain the side.

His job is already hard enough with his Dad being coach. Save it for later. He is obviously the dominant playmaker now and doesn't need the C to prove it.

MugaB

Coach
You are probably right about JFH. Depends how he recovers.

My fandom for Leinu would have him on the bench round 1. But it's more likely the experienced heads get the first shot.

That would mean Capewell starting over Martin. I think he has been signed as either a starting backrower or bench utility so he could fill either role.
Need to have a ready and fresh centre/back off the bench, thats why i think Capewell wont be starting
Kenny can cover hooker, lock and 2nd row, the others are props

Fangs

Coach
Need to have a ready and fresh centre/back off the bench, thats why i think Capewell wont be starting
Kenny can cover hooker, lock and 2nd row, the others are props

Capewell and May do sit ahead of Kenny I think. He will only see first grade due to injury/rep selection.

He is a real goer though. Hard to dislike Kenny, his enthusiasm had a big impact on our team this year.

MugaB

Coach
Capewell and May do sit ahead of Kenny I think. He will only see first grade due to injury/rep selection.

He is a real goer though. Hard to dislike Kenny, his enthusiasm had a big impact on our team this year.
Tyrone May? he won't play 1st grade this year.

Korisau can cover halves should one of them go down, Kenny slots in hooker, Capewell covers everyone else, same as Naden or Whare for fullback, we have a very versatile team from the looks of it, this all regarding injuries on field game time, i wouldn't be picking people out of position day prior

Status
Not open for further replies.