What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
Funny how things ebb and flow.
After Girdler retired and Whatuira moved to the Tigers, we were hopeless in the centres for years. Then Jennings came along and now we're flush with centre prospects.
In between Priddis and Seg we were weak at hooker. Now we've had Seg, Mosely, Koroisau, ZDC, Katoa and Luke as options,
We havent had a world class half prospect in decades unless you include Graham/Siejka and now we have Martin, Moylan, Luke, Cleary and ZDC if you rate him.

Cleary/Martin/Moylan with Moylan/DWZ/Naden at fullback and Seg/Katoa/Luke/ZDC at hooker is certainly a mouthwatering spine to look forward to.

Hopefully the halves academy helps ensure these guys fulfil their potential.

ashton

Juniors
New Hayze about to take over Penrith
Panthers fans - write down the name of Hayze Perham in your little black books.
The 16-year-old was chased by a host of NRL clubs - as well as the Waikato Chiefs of Super Rugby fame - before deciding to sign a long term deal with the Panthers.

A freakish five-eighth with all the skills, he is only 16 but will be in the running to play in the Panthers’ Holden Cup squad next season.
The youngster has already represented New Zealand under 16s and played First XV rugby union for the strong Rotorua School last season - unheard of for a then 16 year old.
Named as MVP of the New Zealand High Performance under 16 camp this year, he is a special talent and will be a great signing for the Panthers in the long term.

Blues Riff

Bench
New Hayze about to take over Penrith
Panthers fans - write down the name of Hayze Perham in your little black books.
The 16-year-old was chased by a host of NRL clubs - as well as the Waikato Chiefs of Super Rugby fame - before deciding to sign a long term deal with the Panthers.

A freakish five-eighth with all the skills, he is only 16 but will be in the running to play in the Panthers? Holden Cup squad next season.
The youngster has already represented New Zealand under 16s and played First XV rugby union for the strong Rotorua School last season - unheard of for a then 16 year old.
Named as MVP of the New Zealand High Performance under 16 camp this year, he is a special talent and will be a great signing for the Panthers in the long term.
Sounds like a prospect. A hearty welcome to the "Hayze Blayze".

hindy111

Post Whore
ZDC from what I have seen isn't a halfback. Could be a decent hooker coming off the bench if you want too play the offload game.Backs up well and great feet. Might suit your style with guys like Cartwright playing.

Personally I think your side should start like this -

1 DWZ
2 Waqa Blake
3 Jennings
4 Whare
5 Mansour
6 Moylan
7 Soward
8 RCG
9 Segyaroo
10 Merrin
12 Cartwright
13 Taylor

14 Mckendry
15 Matagi
16 Peachey
17 Latimore

DWZ is far too good too play wing but if want Moylan at fullback perhaps centre and Peachy into 5/8. I would not go into the season with soward and Wallace as starting halves- One or the other as both seem to be good at directing the play you need some spark.

Also not sure about the Yeo love - Maybe just needs to fill out but looks like he has no impact or leg drive.

Latimore time will end too as one of the younger props from reserves will offer more punch.

Anyone think Will smith is a chance to start in the halves? He looked good the last 3-4 games for penrith and atleast ha a running game.Not sure how his kicking and ball skills are thou.

Copperhead

Juniors

1 DWZ
2 Waqa Blake
3 Jennings
4 Whare
5 Mansour
6 Moylan
7 Soward
8 RCG
9 Segyaroo
10 Merrin
12 Cartwright
13 Taylor

14 Mckendry
15 Matagi
16 Peachey
17 Latimore

That side's not bad, but would be even better if we were allowed 13 starters :)

GongPanther

Referee
Ahhhh no thanks - Blake is NOT a winger - The kid has hands like feet

He is a centre.But as it is,he will have to play where he is told.

Will Smith is a wait and see.He was all hands and feet until he sparked up realising he was playing for his bread and butter.

I hope he proves me wrong and has a blinder.But players like him I've seen that shiftyness before.

murraymob

Coach
ZDC from what I have seen isn't a halfback. Could be a decent hooker coming off the bench if you want too play the offload game.Backs up well and great feet. Might suit your style with guys like Cartwright playing.

1 DWZ
2 Waqa Blake
3 Jennings
4 Whare
5 Mansour
6 Moylan
7 Soward
8 RCG
9 Segyaroo
10 Merrin
12 Cartwright
13 Taylor

14 Mckendry
15 Matagi
16 Peachey
17 Latimore

DWZ is far too good too play wing but if want Moylan at fullback perhaps centre and Peachy into 5/8. I would not go into the season with soward and Wallace as starting halves- One or the other as both seem to be good at directing the play you need some spark.

Also not sure about the Yeo love - Maybe just needs to fill out but looks like he has no impact or leg drive.

Latimore time will end too as one of the younger props from reserves will offer more punch.

Anyone think Will smith is a chance to start in the halves? He looked good the last 3-4 games for penrith and atleast ha a running game.Not sure how his kicking and ball skills are thou.

no 11 do you know something we don't lol

maple_69

Bench
I'm not sure about Yeo either. Very solid and reliable. Hasn't really out a foot wrong. I'm not sure he'll ever be more than a good solid toiler. You need them as well but i see more potential in Sopoaga and Smith. Garcia is obviously the wild card in all this.

mxlegend99

Referee
It's never going to happen. But you would have to be kidding yourself if you didn't he would be one of our biggest ever signings.

1. Hayne
2. Mansour
3. DWZ
4. Whare
5. Gennings / Blake
6. Moylan
7. Soward

You move both Moylan and DWZ to fit in Hayne. Without doubt.

Although it's probably unlikely he would even come back to the NRL and almost certain that he wouldn't come here. It's one in a million he would join us. If we were his only choice he would probably choose Union instead of League.

An Eels born and bred player would hate us almost as much as we do them.

ACTPanthers

Bench
It's never going to happen. But you would have to be kidding yourself if you didn't he would be one of our biggest ever signings.

1. Hayne
2. Mansour
3. DWZ
4. Whare
5. Gennings / Blake
6. Moylan
7. Soward

You move both Moylan and DWZ to fit in Hayne. Without doubt.

Although it's probably unlikely he would even come back to the NRL and almost certain that he wouldn't come here. It's one in a million he would join us. If we were his only choice he would probably choose Union instead of League.

An Eels born and bred player would hate us almost as much as we do them.

I wouldn't - Like I said, it's my opinion - Wouldn't stop me from cheering the Panthers, but there'd be stone cold silence from me when he touched the ball - I know, it's very irrational, and could be argued as stupid, but it is how I feel - There's some people you just can't stand, Hayne is one of those people for me

Rhyno

First Grade
If Hayne signed with the panthers I'd kill myself.
I'm going to tweet him that now so he knows my death would be his fault I don't think he'd be able to live with the guilt

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If Hayne signed with the panthers I'd kill myself.
I'm going to tweet him that now so he knows my death would be his fault I don't think he'd be able to live with the guilt
I'm secretly hoping the Panther's do sign him............

Sime_11

Juniors
But it's nothing to worry about Hayne is a Eel4life

until Politis offers him triple what parra have offered.... within the cap of course :p

I must admit, Rhyno's tears would be delicious if this was to ever happen lol.

chrisD

Coach
Gould called Hayne lazy and said he shouldn't be in the NSW team. It was f**king idiotic and I doubt Hayne would forget that bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.