What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkPanther

Juniors
If we get him for next year, we would have to get rid of our top players. But he will be 30 next year. Although no doubt it would be a great signing, I would much rather keep and bring our youngsters up.

age.s

First Grade
I think if we had a shot at a player of JTs caliber we would be absolutely insane to pass him up. If nothing else having a guy like that would pass so much knowledge on to those young halves that we'd be looking to step up. The effect Petero had on Grant is plain as day.

Might piss some people off here but Petero was a huge waste of our cap. Can't pay that sort of money for a prop.

franklin2323

Immortal
Thurston has said repeatedly he wants to stay a Cowboy for life. And I've got no idea how we'd fit him under the cap. You would think Jennings would have to go along with Walsh.

Depends he might want to make more media appearances in which case needs to be in Sydney or Brisbane. His manager is close to Gould. He can get some acres just outside of Penrith. 30mins to work. 90mins to the city. As for the cap. Goodbye Burns, Kingston, Walsh.

A spine of Coote,
Siejka/Moylan/Taumata/Austin,
JT,
Segeyaro.
Is 2000% better then we have now

Last edited:

richie8u

Juniors
i know he does like going on the footy show ect.... he might be looking for a career after footy so a move to sydney might be on.
maybe we could car pool?
i will ask after the SOO,

franklin2323

Immortal
i know he does like going on the footy show ect.... he might be looking for a career after footy so a move to sydney might be on.
maybe we could car pool?
i will ask after the SOO,

I don't think we will get him but I can see it's possible

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I believe his wife is from Sydney as well, and a move to Sydney will open up more career opportunities for her.

Gus may also want to give Thurston a job after Footy as the head of his Halves Academy he plans to build in the next 2-3 years.

Big Mick

Referee
I believe his wife is from Sydney as well, and a move to Sydney will open up more career opportunities for her.

Gus may also want to give Thurston a job after Footy as the head of his Halves Academy he plans to build in the next 2-3 years.

Awesome. I hadn't heard that before.

That's a great angle.

Canard

Immortal
That time of year for the annual Thurston rumour.

Last year he was off to the Titans at this time of year, year before the Eels.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
Since he will be 31 when he arrives. I have been told by a reliable source he has been given several units in the retirment village next door to panthers..

PinkPanther

Juniors
Since he will be 31 when he arrives. I have been told by a reliable source he has been given several units in the retirment village next door to panthers..
IF he arrives. Personally I don't believe it, especially with good juniors like Evans, Siejka coming up.

Kilkenny

Coach
IMO Siejka will not make it.

There were the same doubts about Peter Wallace and Wade Graham. They had the same issues in defence but with experience both have proven to be very worthy NRL players.

Siejka needs to be given an extended period as the number seven, not six, and given the true playmaker role. The kid can play but in his limited appearances he has been played out of position and with no real role.

Don't right Siejka off just yet. Wallace and Graham were discarded too early and we are paying a price for those decisions.

maple_69

Bench
Definitely not ready yet and he definitely hasn't come along as much as most of us hoped in the last two years.

Still time though and I trust Cleary is the man to bring him through. We clearly haven't had the greatest coaches through the ranks for the last few years. Many players development has been stunted over the past few years.

Doomednow

Bench
Talk over on the Sharks board that we may have actually netted Thurston. I would be stoked, even if he is a million years old. New halves need guidance.

I would say that means Jennings will be headed off though. I've hardly got great sources but I hear some things occasionally that I would consider reliable and apparently he needs to go if we want to make any more signings of note.

Status
Not open for further replies.