What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
as long as its not parra that would be a real slap to supporters

To have him go fullstop is a disgrace. He & Grant are the future of the club. A local junior. He's 1st picked for origin after Gallen. He has actually won something so can pass that on to the others.

Vic Mackey

Referee
As much as I would absolutely love Luke Lewis in a wests jersey, it wouldnt feel right. The bloke IS the penrith panthers.

Big Mick

Referee
To have him go fullstop is a disgrace. He & Grant are the future of the club. A local junior. He's 1st picked for origin after Gallen. He has actually won something so can pass that on to the others.

Grant yes...but how could Lewis be the FUTURE of the club when he has been around for 10+ years...

Look if he wants to go...then let him. If he has that attitude then clearly he may not be as "team-first" as some of you think.

But it is all rumour and innuendo at the moment. Lets just see how it plays out.

franklin2323

Immortal
In the rebuilding stage we need experienced players. He has 3-4 good years left. He is a local that made good. He won the comp. Played for Australia. All the while not touching a drop of alcohol.

That leadership & guidance is invaluable. If he was still captain he wouldn't be leaving. So his choice or not Management has something to answer for.

One things for sure , its sounds like luke lewis' mum is a real piece of work. If my mother was posting things about my career online like that I'd be horrified.

Fact is if luke doesnt want to play for the club then fine. I'd be devastated , but its for the best long term.

I still think the captaincy issue was handled poorly by the club however.

In saying that though , new people come into a club and its bound to put some noses out of joint.Things have been run poorly for a very long time , I have more confidence now that things are on the right track.

PinkPanther

Juniors
sounds like he will go... have read into it and it sounds like he is kinda 'fine' about it, like not happy, but yeh... he wants the best for the club... which would be to keep him there. i will cry if he leaves!

Big Mick

Referee
Should be noted that Lewis' manager is Greg Willett. Same manage as Gower.

Remember the dog and pony show before Gower left saying he wanted to stay loyal to the club...and then two weeks later...gone.

The article in today's tele suggests Penrith want to go with a youth movement which would mean the likes of VTK, Blake Austin, Bryce Cartwright going for the lock position.

With or without Lewis, I'm still confident we have a good looking pack for next season.

And if his departure means getting Thurston then so be it.

If he goes...picks up his bat and ball and leaves because he thinks he isn't wanted, then so be it. But Lewis knows how fans feel about him. I'm sure that'll change among many if he leaves on these terms however after declaring how much he wants to be here and loves the club two weeks ago.

Lewis has been a great servant to the club, he has been here for 11 years...maybe it is time for a change for him as he doesn't have that long left in his career. Let's not forget that Brisbane let Petero go to us when he still had 3-4 years left...they went for a youth movement and are now the better for it!

It is no shock that Cleary/Gus has brought in players for next year that embrace that culture that Cleary is trying to create. Manu (Bellamy), Segeyaro (Henry), Brown (Cleary), Whare (Hasler/Toovey)...all come from hard coaches...bring in guys that support your culture...

age.s

First Grade
If Lewis wants out this is appalling management. I would be devastated but could at least understand if we're deliberately clearing the decks for Thurston, but to managing to turn a guy who's pretty obviously devoted to the club into someone who wants to abandon a contract with no plan B would be just awful.

And Mick, give it a rest. I get that you want to put a positive spin on things but honestly painting Lewis as a Gower figure because of a link in their managers isn't right. Lewis is pretty clearly a different person with different values that Gower. Management would have to take responsibility for turning him against the club if that's what's really happening here. You don't lose your supporters badge if you disagree with some of the decisions made by these people.

And no, our backrow wouldn't be fine next year. Those players you mention are still kids. They're not replacements for one of the games premier backrowers.

Big Mick

Referee
If Lewis wants out this is appalling management. I would be devastated but could at least understand if we're deliberately clearing the decks for Thurston, but to managing to turn a guy who's pretty obviously devoted to the club into someone who wants to abandon a contract with no plan B would be just awful.

And Mick, give it a rest. I get that you want to put a positive spin on things but honestly painting Lewis as a Gower figure because of a link in their managers isn't right. Lewis is pretty clearly a different person with different values that Gower. Management would have to take responsibility for turning him against the club if that's what's really happening here. You don't lose your supporters badge if you disagree with some of the decisions made by these people.

And no, our backrow wouldn't be fine next year. Those players you mention are still kids. They're not replacements for one of the games premier backrowers.

I never said he's abandoning the club. I said that would be the feeling among some fans and if you honesty think it wont...then you are deluded. You should of seen the shit posted after Flash left...and he was OFF-CONTRACT. Imagine the shit Luke will put up with. That's the point. I will respect his decision and wish him the best after 11 years of great service and winning us a comp.

I just said that his manager is the same as Gowers which is fact. Willett has a certain way of doing things.

Lewis is quite clearly a different person to Gower.

And if Management has turned him against the club...then shit yeah I want answers as to why that is the case. I also never said you'd lose your supporters badge if you disagree with this decision...Dunno where the f**k you got that from.

franklin2323

Immortal
Agreed.

The question is...is he showing it?

On the field only Grant is playing to his full potential out of the regulars (I put that to poor management from the coach). Off the field despite being terrible for 2 years only Jennings has got into off field trouble. Given we have had 3 coaches in that time the leadership group needs to get the praise for that.

age.s

First Grade
You've mentioned Lewis "picking up his bat and ball and leaves" and that if he's leaving he may not be a team player. You never would have said anything remotely negative about Lewis before these rumours (and I agree they're just rumours), so if leaving can make you negative about him then I agree, the average fan is going to go into a frenzy about him.

I'm just sick of some shitty things the current management has done being spun into "positives" when they're clearly just shitty decisions. It would take something pretty massive to turn losing Lewis into anything other than pure shitty management.

franklin2323

Immortal
I am with you age. It's a terrible decision going by the facebook posts. He is being pushed out the door that is a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.