What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Comings and Goings - The Transit Lounge

Headless Chook

Juniors
I didn’t like Connor leaving to begin with. So a thumbs up from me.
I thought it was an odd decision that we let him go. He was improving with every match and had that nippy X factor in his game.

From the outside looking in he just didn’t seem to fit in at the Knights so I’m glad he’s heading home. Does this spell the end for Lam?

I thought it was an odd decision that we let him go. He was improving with every match and had that nippy X factor in his game.

From the outside looking in he just didn’t seem to fit in at the Knights so I’m glad he’s heading home. Does this spell the end for Lam?
I think he was tired of being stuck on the bench behind Friendy.

horrie hastings

First Grade
MEMBERS FIRST: Butcher Brothers re-commit to Roosters
BUTCHER BROTHERS RE-COMMIT TO ROOSTERS

The Sydney Roosters have today announced that brothers Nat and Egan Butcher have signed two-year extensions with the Club.

Penning a contract extension, 24-year-old Nat is now signed through to the end of season 2024. Having progressed through the Roosters’ lower grades, he will play his 76th NRL match this weekend. He made his NRL debut in the final round of the 2016 season and was a member of the Roosters’ 2019 Premiership-winning side.

Away from football, Nat combines his training commitments with study for a Bachelor of Commerce and is the Club’s 2021 nominee for the NRL’s prestigious Ken Stephen Medal.

“I love everything about being a Rooster and I’m really proud that I’ll continue to be a part of this great Club,” said Nat.

Nat’s 21-year-old younger brother Egan, who also progressed through the Club’s lower grades, made his NRL debut earlier this season and has made 10 appearances so far in the top grade.

“The Club means a lot to me, and I’ve learnt a lot from Robbo and the senior boys around me. I know that there’s a lot of improvement in me, and I’m stoked that I’ll continue to be part of the team we have here,” said Egan.

Roosters Head Coach Trent Robinson was pleased to have both Nat and Egan locked in to the Club’s long-term plans.

“Nat has taken the step up as a leading voice within our group this year which has been great to see,” said Robinson

“With Nat, you know that he will apply himself to everything it does, whether it be football related or in his studies away from the game, and we look forward to seeing his growth continue over the next few years.

“Egan has also been in our system for a while, and he has grabbed the opportunity to play in the NRL this year with both hands. He’s a hard worker and a great character and his best football is still ahead of him, so it’s great to have Egan locked in until at least the end of 2023,” he added.

The Butchers form part of a core of players who have progressed through the Roosters Pathway Program to play together including Joseph Manu, Victor Radley, Sitili Tupouniua, Sam Verrills, Fletcher Baker, Freddy Lussick, Daniel Suluka-Fifita, Ben Marschke, Lachlan Lam and Billy Smith.

Valheru

Coach
MEMBERS FIRST: Butcher Brothers re-commit to Roosters
BUTCHER BROTHERS RE-COMMIT TO ROOSTERS

The Sydney Roosters have today announced that brothers Nat and Egan Butcher have signed two-year extensions with the Club.

Penning a contract extension, 24-year-old Nat is now signed through to the end of season 2024. Having progressed through the Roosters’ lower grades, he will play his 76th NRL match this weekend. He made his NRL debut in the final round of the 2016 season and was a member of the Roosters’ 2019 Premiership-winning side.

Away from football, Nat combines his training commitments with study for a Bachelor of Commerce and is the Club’s 2021 nominee for the NRL’s prestigious Ken Stephen Medal.

“I love everything about being a Rooster and I’m really proud that I’ll continue to be a part of this great Club,” said Nat.

Nat’s 21-year-old younger brother Egan, who also progressed through the Club’s lower grades, made his NRL debut earlier this season and has made 10 appearances so far in the top grade.

“The Club means a lot to me, and I’ve learnt a lot from Robbo and the senior boys around me. I know that there’s a lot of improvement in me, and I’m stoked that I’ll continue to be part of the team we have here,” said Egan.

Roosters Head Coach Trent Robinson was pleased to have both Nat and Egan locked in to the Club’s long-term plans.

“Nat has taken the step up as a leading voice within our group this year which has been great to see,” said Robinson

“With Nat, you know that he will apply himself to everything it does, whether it be football related or in his studies away from the game, and we look forward to seeing his growth continue over the next few years.

“Egan has also been in our system for a while, and he has grabbed the opportunity to play in the NRL this year with both hands. He’s a hard worker and a great character and his best football is still ahead of him, so it’s great to have Egan locked in until at least the end of 2023,” he added.

The Butchers form part of a core of players who have progressed through the Roosters Pathway Program to play together including Joseph Manu, Victor Radley, Sitili Tupouniua, Sam Verrills, Fletcher Baker, Freddy Lussick, Daniel Suluka-Fifita, Ben Marschke, Lachlan Lam and Billy Smith.

@Vic Mackey

morley101

Juniors
The way the game is being played we need speed on the flanks.
We need a speedster for the wing next year.. I'll put up a name lower grader at West Tigers Allan Fitzgibbon
A project player...

globalpanther

Juniors
Angus C has decided to go to Melb, will break after origin. Quite cranky that the club wont find a way to register contract apparently.

Lachlan Lam released by the Roosters with immediate effect. Lam has signed with Leigh Centurions in the UK until the end of 2023.

Black Panther

Juniors
With the Roosters pursuing RTS and Dom Young are we assuming they know Suualii is out the door next season ??
You are taking the piss right? Everyone knows the Roosters always manage the salary cap to suit them. They will field a team of 17 internationals and still be under the cap.