What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Comings and Goings - The Transit Lounge

Less than 3 week later and he's signing with Rugby.

The Roosters should release him immediately and pay the transfer fee for Young. RTS will be at the club next year to join a killer back line.

Why the heck would we want RTS? The guy turns 30 this year. I believe the RTS to the Roosters chatter is BS and I reckon its Moses turning up the Suaalii to Union talk to try and drive up his price.

Sign with the ARU and get beaten more often than not, as it will take more than Suaalii and Eddie Jones coaching to turn around the Titanic that is the Wallabies. Plenty in the media talk up him playing union when he was at Kings, but he's been playing rugby league for far longer, and was playing it for years befgore Kings was even in his mind's eye.

Why the heck would we want RTS? The guy turns 30 this year. I believe the RTS to the Roosters chatter is BS and I reckon its Moses turning up the Suaalii to Union talk to try and drive up his price.

Sign with the ARU and get beaten more often than not, as it will take more than Suaalii and Eddie Jones coaching to turn around the Titanic that is the Wallabies. Plenty in the media talk up him playing union when he was at Kings, but he's been playing rugby league for far longer, and was playing it for years befgore Kings was even in his mind's eye.

In relation to Suaalii at least, I was wrong -

He’s committed to the end of 24, until then he’ll give us his best, then get the Lions and WC out of his system and eventually come back to the Roosters if the stars align. Uncle Nick has form here.

Valheru

Coach
He’s committed to the end of 24, until then he’ll give us his best, then get the Lions and WC out of his system and eventually come back to the Roosters if the stars align. Uncle Nick has form here.

I would be surprised if they haven't already got some level of commitment from him detailing exactly that.

The media furore is a little over the top and seems non roosters fans are the most ouraged.

I would be surprised if they haven't already got some level of commitment from him detailing exactly that.

The media furore is a little over the top and seems non roosters fans are the most ouraged.
100% and the fact that he’s leaving on such good terms is proof for me that this is indeed the case.

The outrage is unbelievable isn’t it? Buzz had a whinge about Suallii’s management being disrespectful and leaving the club in the dark In spite of several quotes from those within the club saying Joseph has been transparent throughout.

Valheru

Coach
100% and the fact that he’s leaving on such good terms is proof for me that this is indeed the case.

The outrage is unbelievable isn’t it? Buzz had a whinge about Suallii’s management being disrespectful and leaving the club in the dark In spite of several quotes from those within the club saying Joseph has been transparent throughout.

Media just making shit up.

If he doesn't come back so be it but to me it is a strong favourite for him to return to the chooks in 2028 after the RUWC which is the year teddy turns 35 and likely retires... what a coincidence.

At every opportunity they have tried to sell roosters unredy via the comments cheese made when it is obvious to anyone with a brain cheese was taking the Mickey as is completely within his character

10$ Ferret

Staff member
it will take more than Suaalii and Eddie Jones coaching to turn around the Titanic that is the Wallabies.
Eddie Jones won't fix anything, the demise of Australian RU is a direct result of this effort first time around. Lok at England now. The guy is an egomaniac who is full of crap. they got lucky with Suaali, I would not play for Eddie for 2 million let alone 1.6,

Black Panther

Juniors
Surely with Manu on the move to Union the Roosters will sign Terrell and Taylan May. Taylan is an excellent player who can play both Centre and Wing.

Surely with Manu on the move to Union the Roosters will sign Terrell and Taylan May. Taylan is an excellent player who can play both Centre and Wing.

Well Manu's leaving would open up some salary cap space to do so. Add in also that Daniel Tupou and JWH are likely to retire at year's end too it may be a no brainer.

How do we feel about the three year deal? Likeable and talented bloke if not prone to injury. I trust the club and Joey leaving saves up money but I’d be going one year with another year option.

I suspect his salary in the new contract would reflect his injury history somehow. He knows he needs to have a few injury free years if he want to maximise his salary in rugby league.

Valheru

Coach

Keary gets another year

My initial thought was his time is done but looking at all the guys leaving at end of year I think one more year is fine as we transition to the next iteration of the team.

I expect us to be heavily active in the market the next 2-3 years which should produce some humorous meltdowns.