What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
If the Bunnies gave up any of those three for Inglis, then they'd have rocks in their heads, in my opinion.

How hard is it to find an NRL-standard halfback ... well we know better than anyone else.

And for all the crap Sandow gets, despite his defensive problems (not a unique problem among small statured halfbacks), he had a good 2010 and I think he'll kick on. As shabby as 2009 was for him, it wasn't as bad as Mortimer's second year. People forget he's only about six months older than Morts. There's a lot of very good halves in the NRL who had one or two bad seasons (Soward has a premiership ring now).

The only way I'd let Sandow go is if I had an undeniably better option for that position already secured.

As for Isaac Luke, Bunnies members would riot. You'd have to look long and hard for a single person who would think having Inglis was worth losing a hooker of Luke's talent. It would be a massive backfire.

Further undermining this rumour is that the Bunnies apparently haven't tied up the best of their young hookers in Geordi Peats. If you were going to let Luke go, you'd keep your best back up, right?

Sutton would probably be the player they could best do without, and still I wouldn't lose him to get Inglis. The only way I could see Sutton coming to the Eels is if Reni loves it here and the Rabbitohs literally stab him in the back.

If the Bunnies need to clear some $ off the books, they'd be looking at:
1. Mick Crocker (but who would take him)
2. Rhys Wesser (who really wouldn't be on that much)
3. Roy Asotasi
4. Fetuli Talanoa (again not a huge contract, but he could be replaced by someone cheaper and probably even better)

I'm a big Asotasi fan and think he should be getting back to his best after two injury-marred seasons. I'd hate for the Bunnies to sell him off ... but he's the one with the big pay packet and not too many runs on the board recently (although Crocker is in a whole new stratisphere of that classification). In an emergency, he's the one I'd cut.

Crocker and Wesser are definite goners at the end of 2011.

1. Mick Crocker (but who would take him)
The Eels would.. he would fit right in with the firebrand, naughty boy, old brigade squad, being built to bolster up present stock.
Maybe they are already talking to him!!!!!

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
You are on the money, again. Could have gone either way just a couple of days ago.

The news I was given a few weeks ago was Orford >>>>>>>> Raiders..

Must be those last minute $$$$$$$$$ humps that had him thirst as he traversed over the highest $$$$$$ mountain to reach his succulent mecca.:shock:

So glad he ain't coming to the Eels........ :sarcasm:

Where is $55k Tim Smith when we really need/needed him??????:crazy:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Less than 100 to go until this thread can be put to bed.

Wonder when it will be? Might coincide with Wednesdays announcement re Orford.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Less than 100 to go until this thread can be put to bed.

Wonder when it will be? Might coincide with Wednesdays announcement re Orford.

Check list..

a) Do you have the pillows ready?
b) Do you have the mattress (sperm/juice) protector ready?
c) Do you have the sheets ready?
d) Do you have the blankets & or doona ready?
e) Do you have the who is it he/she sleeping with who ready????
f) Have the neighbours been warned about all the pending late noise noise coming shortly?
g) Have the trash media like New Idea been notified about the rumour?
h) Have the photographers been notified to capture that front page million $$$$$$ shot?

Remember, this is an Eels thread being put to bed, we must keep up the front and back page in the news standards stretching back a while now.

We must not disappoint.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hey stagger...the jeremy smith rumour to eels isn't tru is it??

ppfffft nah! mate, just file it away where the rest of these rumours end up!

I will say this though, you signed him at the right time because if SK was here sooner he may well have ended up here.

The Colonel

Immortal
Where is $55k Tim Smith when we really need/needed him??????:crazy:

:lol: Get over it. He is a never will be.

As for Chris Sandow..... double :lol:

We need a halfback that can organise the attack and allow a player like Hayne to pick and choose when he wants to be in the game. Chris Sandow is neither an organiser nor worth a long term deal and Souths would be better off with the pack and backline that they have by finding a halfback that can make use of both. Until they do they will never be a top four team.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
:lol: Get over it. He is a never will be.

As for Chris Sandow..... double :lol:

We need a halfback that can organise the attack and allow a player like Hayne to pick and choose when he wants to be in the game. Chris Sandow is neither an organiser nor worth a long term deal and Souths would be better off with the pack and backline that they have by finding a halfback that can make use of both. Until they do they will never be a top four team.

Tim Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L6lP26szQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dDMwvYhOnI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3G09BJfQ6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JyBQgKMLnU

Colonel: Are you saying Tim Smith has lost his natural skiils as an organiser and this skill will never return????:crazy::crazy::crazy:

The Colonel

Immortal
Colonel: Are you saying Tim Smith has lost his natural skiils as an organiser and this skill will never return????:crazy::crazy::crazy:

No. What I am saying is that he will never take a first grade side to a premiership and certainly not Parramatta. Get over it and move on.

Avenger

Immortal
The more I think about it the more I don't want Orford at Parra, He is 33 next year FFS and wants $400K. Screw that idea.

Eels Dude

Coach
No. What I am saying is that he will never take a first grade side to a premiership and certainly not Parramatta. Get over it and move on.

I think that's a bit harsh. He certainly has the ability to do what you're ruling out, whether he does or not though is another matter.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree with avenenger..I mean Orford was passed it when he left and yeh is a huge risk.At 200 a worthy risk but at 400...Geee

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

In the 2007 preliminary against the cheaters in Melb when that $1.4m+ over the salary cap squad was at it's peak, Tim Smith played very well. Again there were some terrible dodgy decisions that went against the Eels as well as some very close/unlucky calls.

In the 2006 1st semi against the Storm cheaters in Melb, Tim Smith again played very well and the Eels almost caused an upset. The Eels were ripped off by the refs in that game as they were done over by the salary cap cheaters.

In 2005, Tim Smith played well almost all season. It was sad to see the eels forwards decimated by the Cowboys in that preliminary game. Behind a pack being monstered and ripped open going nowhere bar awful, Tim Smith again played well behind a destroyed pack of forwards.

In the big games that mattered, Tim Smith did not disappear from the scene. He stood up when it counted. Can you possibly comprehend what would have become of the Eels 2009 & 2010 if he was the organising 7 ???? At least one definite GF ring, achieved even against the worst cheaters ever in the NRL fully supported by News Limited NRL and the Freemasonic loonies who run everything that matters behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
Perhaps for the first time, I agree with Casper, Tim was much maligned at 7 , thanks mainly to Raaaay and what we would give now for a real 7 that actually demands the ball and looks to have control.

Oh well, what may have been if he had controlled his issues outside footy, would be welcome as an Eel anytime as far as I am concerned.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Well said Casper. You have highlighted many good points.

ME, the hatred or rejection of Tim Smith by the Eels supporters (and it seems 3P & PO included) just staggers me.

I wonder what Wayne Bennett could do with a Tim Smith at 7, a Tim Smith who has since grown up and matured????

I wonder what Jack Gibson would have done with Tim Smith if Jack had Timmy under his wing when/with both of them at their best between the ears and on the field????

Just my opinion ME but if Timmy gets a great coach and an excellent squad of players to work with he will win a GF ring or two as their organising 7.

What About Me - lyrics

Well there's a little boy waiting at the counter of a corner shop
He's been waiting down there, waiting half the day
They never ever see him from the top
He gets pushed around, knocked to the ground
He gets to his feet and he says

[CHORUS:]
What about me, it isn't fair
I've had enough now i want my share
Can't you see i wanna live
But you just take more than you give

Well there's a pretty girl serving at the counter of the corner shop