What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Correct me if I'm wrong but by not paying massive $$$ for him, you mean Parra didn't pay anything for him. He's a Wenty player and not contracted to the Eels in any way?
They obviously pay him because he is part of the squad, but it looks like he will be part of the second tier squad which is players 26-35. They are usually paid anywhere between 15-40k a season plus match payments.

84 Baby

Referee
No, he's in our 2nd tier squad. Parra pay for those contracts. Obviously they are a lot less than our top 25.

They obviously pay him because he is part of the squad, but it looks like he will be part of the second tier squad which is players 26-35. They are usually paid anywhere between 15-40k a season plus match payments.
I didn't think he was even in our 2nd tier... perhaps that was last year

ianlovesparra

Juniors
I didn't think he was even in our 2nd tier... perhaps that was last year
He wasn't in the squad last season, he was contracted to Wenty only. He was going to sign last season but his brother becamse sick and he had to return home. He is signing now for season 2011.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Thanks eelememtary :) I think I'll stick to my easy to use iPhone for now !!

Great choice, Sarah! Since mine was stolen I got a Nokia E 63. It's OK, but...The iPhone is just so freaking brilliant. I had the 32 Gb version and had like 1,700 songs and 5 videos and still had like 20 Gb free! All my music, videos and e-mails on one device - that was amazingly fast? I was in heaven! I wish the prick who stole it would give it back. :(

Eelementary

Post Whore
Karl will make it if given the opportunity. The only reason he didn't make it at the sharks was because of ricky stuart, we all know ricky is one to destroy a players career.

Karl was at the bulldogs before signing with the sharks and was rated so highly by all the players there, the likes of mason, sbw, ryan, asotasi etc they all rated him as the next superstar, unfortunately though he got injured and it set him back.

He was close to getting a game this season, i heard he was about to start training with the team mid way through the season but this is when his brother became sick and he had to leave.

I think parramatta have got a good signing in karl. Didn't pay massive $$$ for him and with a good pre-season and hopefully getting a run in a trial game he could be the bolter of this season.

I saw him play 3 or 4 times for Wenty and IMO he was the best on the field. He was making breaks at will, strong defensively and was popping great offloads.

I hope he can step it up - he's a great talent.

boxhead

First Grade
Twitterers are reporting that the Orford thing is imminent.

Yeah I saw that, thanks for reporting it :)

Guys, Matt Orford seems to look like he will be announced shortly.
I think he said it could be today too, as in a few hours/minutes even?

boxhead

First Grade
Edit: Don't worry.

Sorry, someone said that and they back-flipped before I thought about questioning it :lol: Silly me.

boxhead

First Grade
what are you talking about boxy?

Basically I saw someone say that Ten News had reported Bradford had released Matt Orford today, assumed to join the Eels for two years on a deal worth $300,000 over the term.

I basically saw it, went oh crap and posted it here before reading that he was just joking :crazy: Kids these days and their pranks......

boxhead

First Grade
Better play this year, certainly old enough.

He needs to train a lot mate, he has the potential to be a great first-grader for us but I am worried about other things at the moment. He needs to play Wenty for a while to acclimatise before we even think about blooding him in my opinion.
In the mean-time, we do have Taniela Lasalo waiting in the wings :) Hopefully he and Karl will head-line our back-row in the future.

parra.letic

Juniors
Karl's a massive chance of getting some time in the centres this season... forget the backrow

Anybody know TeMaari's status??

caylo

Bench
He needs to train a lot mate, he has the potential to be a great first-grader for us but I am worried about other things at the moment. He needs to play Wenty for a while to acclimatise before we even think about blooding him in my opinion.
In the mean-time, we do have Taniela Lasalo waiting in the wings :) Hopefully he and Karl will head-line our back-row in the future.

If Reddy is injured who do you play in the centres? With Wright moving on you will have Atkines or Graham (if he signs) who are both more wingers then centres. Filinga will need to get his game fitness up, but if he performs in trials I would have him in the team come round 1.

CrazyEel

Bench
If Reddy is injured who do you play in the centres? With Wright moving on you will have Atkines or Graham (if he signs) who are both more wingers then centres. Filinga will need to get his game fitness up, but if he performs in trials I would have him in the team come round 1.
Atkins is no centre, he is defensively poor even by wingers standard but Graham is a centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.