What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahk

Juniors
NO I will shoot the messenger.

I don't post on here much but you sound like the biggest clown I have ever heard.

I really hope all the forum members don't take you seriously, I have been watching your posts the last couple of months and have let it fly but enough is enough.

You don't have any idea what you are talking about, You are just trying to wind everyone up and make them listen to you.

I think most of us are smart enough to ignore you by now, or so I hope.

Boxhead, You are a Boofhead.

That is all

Come on it's a forum. Were just keeping it light hearted and boxys just helping us out during the off season. Besides it is a rumor thread.

boxhead

First Grade
Apparently we are going to sign a young kid, Cruse Bickey, according to a Daily Mercury article. It was posted earlier this morning but I haven't had the chance to report it here, so here it is;

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/story/2010/10/14/its-a-barba-family-affair/

Marmin’s good friend and fellow player, Cruse Bickey, will be playing with the Barbas’ side and also looks like playing alongside Marmin at Parramatta.

Does anyone know who he is or what position he plays? The article seems to hint he will play in the Toyota Cup alongside Marmin Barba next year.
Thanks in advance, and thanks to Gronk for posting this article.

84 Baby

Referee
Apparently we are going to sign a young kid, Cruse Bickey, according to a Daily Mercury article. It was posted earlier this morning but I haven't had the chance to report it here, so here it is;

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/story/2010/10/14/its-a-barba-family-affair/

Does anyone know who he is or what position he plays? The article seems to hint he will play in the Toyota Cup alongside Marmin Barba next year.
Thanks in advance, and thanks to Gronk for posting this article.
I found a school newsletter from 2004 mentioning his name.
http://www.macknortshs.eq.edu.au/newsletters/issue10.07.04.pdf

Apparently his team 8S2 were quite good at Mackay Norths and according to the cocaptains they played a real team game

big boppa eel

Juniors
Guys I know how dumb it sounds, as I said, just reporting what I am hearing.

Don't shoot the messenger, I keep saying I don't believe this stuff.
I am just posting stuff so that you know all the rumours going around....this is a rumoured signings thread after all.

By the way, can we please get this topic back in order? It has gone massively off-topic at recent intervals.....just curious, not saying anything against anyone or condemning anyone, it's just that the topic really needs to get back into shape.
You put it out there Boxy, heat comes with the territory , keep up the good work.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
What are you going to do once all the signings are finalised boxhead. You will be out of a job.

I guess it's a seasonal sort of job like fruit picking.

boxhead

First Grade
Hey guys, I wanted to ask a question; I think it was mentioned a while ago that the reason Jacob Loko was playing in the back-row for Toyota Cup at the end of the season was because he was being prepared for first-grade duties, can anyone confirm this?

Just sprung into my mind, it may be an option in the trials to test him out if Reddy remains injured (apparently he will be fine however).

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co...._Orford_chance_to_slip_out_of_Bulls_contract/

Parramatta Eels offer Orford chance to slip out of Bradford Bulls contract

7:40am Thursday 14th October 2010

* By Connor Murphy »

Wantaway scrum half Matt Orford is edging ever closer to the Odsal exit.

It is believed the 32-year-old Aussie has requested a release from the remaining two years of his Bulls contract in order to finish his career Down Under.

Currently at home recovering from a shoulder operation, Orford has failed to settle in England after making the switch from Manly Sea Eagles less than a year ago.

Publicly Bradford have maintained a firm stance in the saga, insisting Orford is due back for pre-season training next month, but the former Dally M Medal-winner has been actively seeking a return to the NRL and a conclusion to the saga could be reached by the end of next week.

Parramatta Eels have emerged as the most likely suitors following their appointment of Stephen Kearney as head coach last week.

The pair have been friends since playing together at Melbourne Storm, and Kearney appears confident of attracting his former colleague as a solution to the Eels’ long-running problems in the halves, having made contact with him earlier this week.

The major stumbling block to any potential move remains the Bulls’ desire for a transfer fee. Loathe to lose one of their most high-profile signings of recent years, they are unlikely to agree to an early termination of Orford’s contract without receiving compensation to cushion the blow.

But the Eels appear to be softening to that possibility, with reports in the Australian press suggesting chief executive Paul Osborne could now be willing to negotiate.

Despite their reluctance to let Orford depart, Bradford have already begun to explore contingency plans should a deal be done.

Up to four more signings could make their way to West Yorkshire before the start of next season, with the two half-back positions emerging as main priority.

The lack of out-and-out halves cost the club dear last season, proving to be a major factor in their dramatic slump to tenth in the final Super League standings.

The Bulls won only one of their remaining 13 games last season after Orford suffered a season-ending shoulder injury and were forced to mix and match at pivot, with Paul Sykes, Brett Kearney, Heath L’Estrange, Danny Addy and Steve Menzies all filling in at various points.

born an eel

Bench
The lack of out-and-out halves cost the club dear last season, proving to be a major factor in their dramatic slump to tenth in the final Super League standings.
they should sack the coach, the ESL will never get anywhere until they start learning from the NRL. :sarcasm:

parra pete

Referee
Mmmmmmm.....extra payout for Anderson..Extra payout for Orford......... Court costs...who said the Club it not using it wisely?
They apparently have money growing off trees.

Suitman

Post Whore
Mmmmmmm.....extra payout for Anderson..Extra payout for Orford......... Court costs...who said the Club it not using it wisely?
They apparently have money growing off trees.

Not really pete, but it's the way of the world these days. You don't have to agree with it, but it may help you to be able to accept it. Obviously, it's a world that you don't subscribe to. So be it.
We wouldn't have been priviledged to see Sam Burgess in the NRL this season if not for a payout to his former club. That's the way the world turns sometimes pete.
If you want to continue to live in the 60's, it's your choice pete.

Suity

Status
Not open for further replies.