What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
does anyone like Ando :?

Everyone was saying the same thing about Brian Smith when he was here. Saviour one year, dead beat the next.

Other than Wayne Bennett, who doesn't cop it from all angles ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Everyone was saying the same thing about Brian Smith when he was here. Saviour one year, dead beat the next.

Other than Wayne Bennett, who doesn't cop it from all angles ?

even Wayne Bennett had a "rumoured" falling out with Bruno Cullen.

Kornstar

Coach
Peter Sharp - Roosters. (reported in the RLW)

* I have heard on the quiet that things aren't that rosey between Sharp and Ando.

Sharp's problem is that he always wants to be a head coach but hasn't been any good at it.

DA mentioned that Sharp was not our defensive coach, he oversaw the whole lot and fix issues, he clearly failed this task.

boxhead

First Grade
I've added Reni Maitua to the confirmed signings list, because Jodeci's info is never wrong, but I don't think I will add Chris Feather to the 'confirmed' list until a media report comes out about it.

Also, anything interesting people have heard?
I'll add David Stagg to the 'rumoured' list, but I hardly see that (the signing) happening.
As always, thanks for the info guys.

Also, apparently Quade Cooper is now very likely to sign with us, but we will have to wait and see (I still think it probably won't happen).

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Sharp's problem is that he always wants to be a head coach but hasn't been any good at it.

DA mentioned that Sharp was not our defensive coach, he oversaw the whole lot and fix issues, he clearly failed this task.

WOW, where did you hear that???

I am all for DA having full power & control over the team, to let him choose which players he wants throughout the club, to appoint his support staff, etc, etc. I would give Daniel 2 more years to prove his worth without any interference bar support in managing the cap, media, etc...

boxhead

First Grade

Hmm....maybe Anderson also wants to get rid of him?
You know, that could have been what the Stephen Kearney meeting was about......
Perhaps Ossie was merely looking for a replacement for Peter Sharp, and guessed that stealing the New Zealand International Coach from Melbourne would be a good deal? Of course though, can't see him coming to coach us unless he gets to be head coach.....

On that note, if we do boot Anderson mid-way through next year or at least before his contract expires, who will take up his role?? Maybe we are looking at Jason Taylor again?

I can see us going all out for Wayne Bennett in 2012, but from what I've heard he wants to go home to QLD.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Can the mods please sticky this thread? Old thread was closed. Thanks.

Our confirmed signings for season 2010/2011 include;

Carl Webb - Cowboys Prop
Brad Murray - NYC Roosters Halfback
Paki Afu - NYC Bulldogs Prop/2nd Row
Manase Manoukafoa - Qld Cup Cowboys Prop
Marmin Barba - NYC Bulldogs Fullback
Reni Maitua - Un-signed (drug ban)

Rumoured signings (recently; one's that have legs on them) include;

Quade Cooper - Rugby Union
Willie Mason - Cowboys Prop/2nd Row
Cooper Cronk - Storm Halfback
Chris Feather - Newcastle Cup ?? Prop
John Mannah - Sharks Prop
Cameron Bruest - NYC Raiders Halfback - Confirmed apparently, will update when report comes out.

Possible re-signings; i.e. re-signing players that we are very confident of include;

Re-signed (can people please confirm some of these; obviously more of them);
Daniel Mortimer
Jacob Loko
Ken Sio
Luke Burt
Justin Horo
Eric Grothe Junior

There are of course other rumoured signings, but these seem to be the most prominent ones at the moment.
Justin Horo and Eric Grothe Junior confirmed staying, Horo for three years and EGJ for one year.
Thanks guys.

Boxhead, what a wonderful job you are doing mate... thank you, I am so very grateful you are handling this and staying on top of it...:clap::clap::clap::thumb

boxhead

First Grade
Boxhead, what a wonderful job you are doing mate... thank you, I am so very grateful you are handling this and staying on top of it...:clap::clap::clap::thumb

No worries mate :) Thanks for the support!

As a side-note to everyone, if you didn't already know, you can check all of our current signings/re-signings/rumoured signings, etc, in the first page of the thread. I will continue to update that post so we don't have all these lists everywhere, and plus it's easy to find.
As we get news, I'll update ;)
Thanks guys.

boxhead

First Grade
Yeah I guess, maybe it's not a good idea; especially if it turns out to be wrong....
However, Jodeci, even from my limited experience on this forum, has never been wrong; she was the first to report the Horo and Grothe Jnr re-signings, and I'm positive she announced us signing Carl Webb.

Gronk

Staff member
Castleford+Tigers+v+Leeds+Rhinos+1ZGYOvqzsu2l.jpg

Chris Feather of Castleford Tigers is tackled by Ali Lauititi and Ian Kirke of Leeds Rhinos during the Engage Super League match between Castleford Tigers and the Leeds Rhinos at the Jungle on May 15, 2009 in Castleford, England. (Photo by Jamie McDonald/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Chris Feather;Ali Lauititi;Ian Kirke (May 15, 20092009-05-15 00:00:00 - Photo by Jamie McDonald/Getty Images Europe)

boxhead

First Grade
Castleford+Tigers+v+Leeds+Rhinos+1ZGYOvqzsu2l.jpg

Chris Feather of Castleford Tigers is tackled by Ali Lauititi and Ian Kirke of Leeds Rhinos during the Engage Super League match between Castleford Tigers and the Leeds Rhinos at the Jungle on May 15, 2009 in Castleford, England. (Photo by Jamie McDonald/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Chris Feather;Ali Lauititi;Ian Kirke (May 15, 20092009-05-15 00:00:00 - Photo by Jamie McDonald/Getty Images Europe)

Wow, he's a big guy.
Do you think he is definitely signed with us?
He would make a handy replacement for Origin/injuries.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wow, he's a big guy.
Do you think he is definitely signed with us?
He would make a handy replacement for Origin/injuries.

I remember when the rumour first popped up some people suggested he was like Manase Manukafuoa - a huge unit who is very soft.

I don't know, because I've never seen him play.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I've added Reni Maitua to the confirmed signings list, because Jodeci's info is never wrong, but I don't think I will add Chris Feather to the 'confirmed' list until a media report comes out about it.

Also, anything interesting people have heard?
I'll add David Stagg to the 'rumoured' list, but I hardly see that (the signing) happening.
As always, thanks for the info guys.

Also, apparently Quade Cooper is now very likely to sign with us, but we will have to wait and see (I still think it probably won't happen).

Reni may well sign with us but he hasn't actually agreed to terms as yet, I'm hearing that he would prefer to go to Melbourne but our offer is too good to refuse atm.

so where has this Quade info come from??

Gronk

Staff member
Reni may well sign with us but he hasn't actually agreed to terms as yet, I'm hearing that he would prefer to go to Melbourne but our offer is too good to refuse atm.

Um Parra Pete and Casper... :sarcasm::lol:

Eelvis

Juniors
Yeah I guess, maybe it's not a good idea; especially if it turns out to be wrong....
However, Jodeci, even from my limited experience on this forum, has never been wrong; she was the first to report the Horo and Grothe Jnr re-signings, and I'm positive she announced us signing Carl Webb.
Correction i told you grothe was signing for us on the day he signed

boxhead

First Grade

Just hearing stuff from papers, radios, etc; pretty much everywhere, even a friend of mine who is a mad RU supporter thinks he is coming to Parra. Again, I think it likely won't happen, and my sources probably aren't exactly credible :lol:
:sarcasm:

Thanks for the info about Reni, so it's probably like a 75% chance he will sign with us I'm guessing. We'll see what happens I guess, better take him off that list before I p*ss someone off ay; as soon as I heard it off Jodeci, I thought 'yay its happened!'.

Status
Not open for further replies.