What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain BF

Juniors
Well we have that in Carl & Reni. The problem with bringing mongrels home are that some are grateful for a nice family and warm bed and others don't know how to fit it and can often bite the owners.
After the fire cracker incident with his mate, it looked like Todd Carney was going to be one for column "B" but has ended up in column "A".

Lets hope both end up in Column "A".

boxhead

First Grade
"Holy moly Batman!"
"What is it, Robin?"
"There's a pile of Cooper over there!"
"What a terrible waste...."

attamarrap

Juniors
sly-cooper-demotivational-poster-1251406467.jpg

Maroubra Eel

Coach
So if we have a sh*tload still to spend and we don't spend it do we get fined?

If we sign nobody else for next year can we restructure any contracts so that players get more next year and less in later years? This would ensure we spend enough next year.

boxhead

First Grade
Hey guys I heard some rumours that Willie Tonga wants out of the Cowboys, and being a Parra junior that claimed in the past he wants to come back one day, maybe this is our opportunity to get a marquee signing, and one in a position we need to fill?

Of course, that is providing he is leaving the Cowboys (which I doubt) and that is also providing we want to spend the money for him....anyone heard we may be interested in getting him back? Being part of the current Queensland team, and often the International teams, we all know what he is capable of (especially when him and Thurston are on form at the Cowboys); does anyone remember how well he started the season? He was in blinding form....

Anyway, that's just what I heard. I don't know if we are actually going to chase him or what not, I just heard he may want to get out of the Cowboys, and can't see many other clubs able to pick him up.

Honestly though, I can't see why he would want to leave the Cowboys....he's a good kid. Also, it would change our back-line a bit (with Reddy out as well), and if I remember correctly him and Tahu share the same centre position.....
Don't quote me on this though! I'm merely hearing rumours, and I don't believe them for a second; just reporting what I have heard.

Last edited:

eel01s

Bench
Tonga probably wants out because of the coach? According to Mason, there is a lot of unrest up there.

As to whether we are interested, who knows? An article in the Sun Herald mentioned the Titans could be a possibility for Tonga.

boxhead

First Grade
Tonga probably wants out because of the coach? According to Mason, there is a lot of unrest up there.

As to whether we are interested, who knows? An article in the Sun Herald mentioned the Titans could be a possibility for Tonga.

Yeah that was my thinking too, also the Titans would probably end up getting him considering how hard they went for Inglis....but then again, we all know what club loyalty means to some players....

However, Tonga is contracted until 2012 with the Cowboys.....I still don't see him leaving to be honest, but if he does I would welcome him with open arms. He will be 28/29 next year, and a fine addition to any club really.

jono

Juniors
Yeah that was my thinking too, also the Titans would probably end up getting him considering how hard they went for Inglis....but then again, we all know what club loyalty means to some players....

However, Tonga is contracted until 2012 with the Cowboys.....I still don't see him leaving to be honest, but if he does I would welcome him with open arms. He will be 28/29 next year, and a fine addition to any club really.
Isn't Tonga's brother @ the Tits? Double edged sword if he goes there , great to play with his brother but competeing for the same position.

boxhead

First Grade
I didn't know Tonga had a brother that plays in the NRL :? I don't know though if the Titans would want him actually, their current centres plus upcoming centres (Tomayne) look the goods.
Ah yes, Esi Tonga. Didn't realise they were related, big age gap.

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
Wonder if the unrest at Cowboys co-incided with Mason going there. I know one thing..Neil Henry is a good bloke..and a good coach...
I also know if it came down to a choice between Mason and Neil, who I would choose...and it is not Mason..

Eelvis

Juniors
I'm hearing there are dramas galore up nth at the cowboys, and if my source is correct and the rumours are true all hell is gonna break loose sometime in the off season.Some very controversial goings on

boxhead

First Grade
I'm hearing there are dramas galore up nth at the cowboys, and if my source is correct and the rumours are true all hell is gonna break loose sometime in the off season.Some very controversial goings on

Yes unfortunately for my Cowboys a lot of bad stuff is happening :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts