Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by boxhead, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxhead

boxhead First Grade

As Season 2010 has come to a close, it's fitting a new thread be created, one that hopefully isn't filled with so much garbage (of which I take sole responsibility for).

Here's hoping our signings for next year are ones we appreciate :)
    There is no news to speak of at present.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  2. eel01s

eel01s Bench

Good to see you got in early Boxy!

3. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

How long till this one cracks 3k?????

4. SDM

SDM First Grade

Are we still signing Thurston, Blair and Jeremy Smith at 11am?

5. Eelementary

Eelementary Immortal

(1) I agree. But I'm not holding my breath. Some jokesters will see to it that this thread gets bombarded with off topic sh*t.

(2) It's not your fault at all.

6. mrpwnd

mrpwnd Bench

Any more news on that rumored ESL halfback, or is that now a confirmed troll?

7. IFR33K

IFR33K First Grade

Ffs it's gonna be a hot day today....... Hopefully this thread can stay on topic

8. SDM

SDM First Grade

26 degrees and some light clouds. Cant wait for the Ashes.

9. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

I hear that the atmosphere at the club right now is electric.

[​IMG]

10. SDM

SDM First Grade

Someone needs to level that joint and start over.

11. Stagger eel

Stagger eel Moderator Staff Member

well do your job properly and get us some news, I hear there's a bloke on the site who's pretty reliable..lol

12. dazeely

dazeely First Grade

Bradford yet to decide whether to release homesick halfback Matt Orford
    The Australian November 24, 2010 12:00AM
    HOMESICK Matt Orford's chances of returning to the NRL could take a nosedive by the end of the week.

Parramatta is poised to make a decision on whether to keep pursuing the halfback.

The Eels' decision would leave Canberra as the only option for the Bradford No 7 and the Raiders yesterday confirmed they were prepared to wait until the next move by his English club.

The Bulls have still not made a decision on whether they will release Orford from the final two years of his contract.

Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne said yesterday he would speak to coach Stephen Kearney about whether he wants to keep chasing the veteran.

The Eels have been in the market for a quality half and have already been linked with retired stars Trent Barrett, Brett Kimmorley, and Wallaby Quade Cooper.

Kearney, who is back at the Eels after guiding New Zealand to a Four Nations title, is keen on Orford.

He played alongside the Manly premiership-winning halfback at Melbourne Storm.

"We haven't heard anything and we're going to make a decision on it over the next couple of days," Osborne said.

"It's dragged on long enough. Steve's back on deck now so I'll just see what he wants to do."

If the Eels pull out of the race, that would leave Canberra as Orford's only option with the Raiders desperate to find some cover for injured five-eighth Terry Campese.

Campese ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in a semi-final against Wests Tigers and is not expected back on the field until the middle of next season.

The Raiders had also been linked with Kimmorley and Barrett this year and are keen to add some experience to their halves with their captain out of play.

The Bulls have already signed former Canberra halfback Marc Herbert, which gives the Raiders some hope that Orford will be released.

"We're in the dark and we understand he hasn't got a release yet and we can't really do anything until he does get a release," Raiders chief executive Don Furner said.

"I don't know anything will be known for another week or so, but certainly if he does get a release we'll try and get him."

Orford's manager, George Mimis, has not heard from Bulls officials for three weeks which is adding to the frustration for all concerned.

There is some suggestion the English Super League club could be waiting for its financial year to end on November 30 before deciding whether to release Orford.

If nothing has happened by that stage, then the Bulls will have to begin paying him for the second year of his three-season deal at the club.

"There's been no change and there's been no communication from the club for three weeks, so unfortunately there's nothing to report," Mimis said.

*http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...back-matt-orford/story-e6frg7mf-1225959720621

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  13. dazeely

dazeely First Grade

Bradford yet to decide whether to release homesick halfback Matt Orford
    The Australian November 24, 2010
    HOMESICK Matt Orford's chances of returning to the NRL could take a nosedive by the end of the week.

Parramatta is poised to make a decision on whether to keep pursuing the halfback.

The Eels' decision would leave Canberra as the only option for the Bradford No 7 and the Raiders yesterday confirmed they were prepared to wait until the next move by his English club.

The Bulls have still not made a decision on whether they will release Orford from the final two years of his contract.

Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne said yesterday he would speak to coach Stephen Kearney about whether he wants to keep chasing the veteran.

The Eels have been in the market for a quality half and have already been linked with retired stars Trent Barrett, Brett Kimmorley, and Wallaby Quade Cooper.

Kearney, who is back at the Eels after guiding New Zealand to a Four Nations title, is keen on Orford.

He played alongside the Manly premiership-winning halfback at Melbourne Storm.

"We haven't heard anything and we're going to make a decision on it over the next couple of days," Osborne said.

"It's dragged on long enough. Steve's back on deck now so I'll just see what he wants to do."

If the Eels pull out of the race, that would leave Canberra as Orford's only option with the Raiders desperate to find some cover for injured five-eighth Terry Campese.

Campese ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in a semi-final against Wests Tigers and is not expected back on the field until the middle of next season.

The Raiders had also been linked with Kimmorley and Barrett this year and are keen to add some experience to their halves with their captain out of play.

The Bulls have already signed former Canberra halfback Marc Herbert, which gives the Raiders some hope that Orford will be released.

"We're in the dark and we understand he hasn't got a release yet and we can't really do anything until he does get a release," Raiders chief executive Don Furner said.

"I don't know anything will be known for another week or so, but certainly if he does get a release we'll try and get him."

Orford's manager, George Mimis, has not heard from Bulls officials for three weeks which is adding to the frustration for all concerned.

There is some suggestion the English Super League club could be waiting for its financial year to end on November 30 before deciding whether to release Orford.

If nothing has happened by that stage, then the Bulls will have to begin paying him for the second year of his three-season deal at the club.

"There's been no change and there's been no communication from the club for three weeks, so unfortunately there's nothing to report," Mimis said.

*http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...back-matt-orford/story-e6frg7mf-1225959720621

14. dazeely

dazeely First Grade

Found this bit interesting :

15. Stagger eel

lol...but but but!..it's Wednesday?

16. parra-matters

parra-matters Coach

it's Wednesday all day stagger, don't freet just yet........lol

17. boxhead

boxhead First Grade

Well give us some news!!! :p

Thanks dazeely.

18. SDM

SDM First Grade

Cameron Phelps has been released by Wigan, he is clearly eels bound.

19. Stagger eel

well I've been telling you for weeks that we're not signing anyone else...;-)

but hey, the more reliable folk on another site know more than me so..

20. boxhead

boxhead First Grade

It doesn't help to be hopeful for signings, remember I was just reporting that stuff. I didn't believe any of it for a second.

Don't worry mate, you are my trusted source :D

In any case, Matt Orford will almost definitely sign with the Raiders; the announcement could come as soon as today.
    Sad but, well, what do you do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.