What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
It doesn't help to be hopeful for signings, remember I was just reporting that stuff. I didn't believe any of it for a second.

Don't worry mate, you are my trusted source :D

In any case, Matt Orford will almost definitely sign with the Raiders; the announcement could come as soon as today.
Sad but, well, what do you do?

mate, no one is a trusted source...believe me.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Just looking at your confirmed signing/re-signing list boxy. Karl Filiga should not be in re-signed as he wasn't contracted to Parra last season. He should be under the new signings. Just thought id point that out. Cheers

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
mate, no one is a trusted source...believe me.

I think some people have been on the sauce, just check the other site if you want conformation.

That sauce got up my nose again

images

Gronk

Staff member
Orford and Bradford Bulls close to agreeing exit strategy

7:40am Thursday 25th November 2010

The Bulls are confident a resolution to the wrangling over Matt Orford’s release is near at hand.
Limited progress has been made since the wantaway scrum half requested an early release from his contract last month but both parties are now seeking a swift conclusion.
The need appears particularly pressing for Orford, who is keen to fix himself up with an NRL club in time for pre-season, while Bradford continue to dig their heels in over compensation for their once-prized asset.
Canberra Raiders and Parramatta Eels have both shown interest but the Telegraph & Argus understands neither are keen to stump up a fee and have stopped short of making an official approach.
And, despite claims from the player’s manager George Mimis that he has not been contacted by Bulls officials for three weeks, the two parties are actually believed to be locked in negotiations over the terms of Orford’s departure, with talks reaching a crucial point.
Suggestions in the Australian press earlier this week that Bradford are waiting until November 30 to make a decision on the matter are also wildly off the mark.
Although Orford starts the second year of a three-season deal on December 1, the club would have a strong case for withholding salary as the player has not reported for pre-season training.
The 32-year-old was initially placed on leave following his formal request for a release but that period would not be allowed to continue indefinitely.
A solution to the ongoing saga would allow the Bulls to press on with their attempts to add further reinforcements to the squad ahead of the new season.
Half-back remains a recruitment priority and it is believed potential targets have been identified, although availability remains an issue.
St Helens appear unwilling to release high-profile target Leon Pryce, potentially scuppering a return to Odsal for the 28-year-old stand-off, who remains under contract until the end of 2011.
Former Canberra Raiders player Marc Herbert has already been brought in and although he was initially earmarked as a direct replacement for Orford, he is capable of playing both half-back positions.
That gives the Bulls flexibility in their recruitment efforts and if a suitable stand-off cannot be found, they may turn their attentions to a new scrum half.
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....adford_Bulls_close_to_agreeing_exit_strategy/

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Cronk/Kimmorley/Barrett/Quade/Gower/Sherwin/Thurston/Anasta/Orford/Tonga/Luke/Wing/Merritt/Leuluai/Sammut/Inglis >>>>>>>>> Parramatta::shock:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.