What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

caylo

Bench
I don't know why we'd be interested in another prop. Quite silly really.

Well rumour had it we would loss Pele and Manikafoa so we need some handy props for wenty. No way he will get a top 25 spot in the club with Poore, Mannah, Allgood, Fui and Webb on board.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I believe Hoppa will be signing a deal with Manly giving them first and last right of refusal upon his return. Apparently they will be giving him a fitness and diet program for the time that he is away, whether he signs or not. Nice blokes.

I thought he already got a fitness and diet program of lots of walking, pushbike riding, no alcohol, no sex, a limited amount of kosher meat and plenty of nuts with the odd fast thrown in.

Last edited:

forward pass

Coach
Did you see his defence on monday? He almost got trampled over close to our line. For a big man he's weak. Walker played in the centres a much harder place to defend and did well. I must say he's superb under the high ball though

He also saved a certain try with a great one-on-one tackle on the line.

Give him some credit. He is going okay - not spectacular, but no-one ever thought he was.

Eels Dude

Coach
Well rumour had it we would loss Pele and Manikafoa so we need some handy props for wenty. No way he will get a top 25 spot in the club with Poore, Mannah, Allgood, Fui and Webb on board.

Well a player with the reputation of Mark O'Meley is not going to be signing any second tier deal to play park football each week. This is a former NSW and Australian player who is still only 30.

Though it does strike me as odd you rate Allgood and Webb above him.

MrT

Juniors
He also saved a certain try with a great one-on-one tackle on the line.

Give him some credit. He is going okay - not spectacular, but no-one ever thought he was.

That 1 on 1 tackle he fell off and another player assited. He has no pace at all. For a man his size he should give us strong hit ups from our own 20. We didn't pay much for him, so i guess you get what you pay for

Parra Pride

Coach
Well a player with the reputation of Mark O'Meley is not going to be signing any second tier deal to play park football each week. This is a former NSW and Australian player who is still only 30.

Though it does strike me as odd you rate Allgood and Webb above him.

I'd prefer Allgood over O'meley, but with Mannah, Moi Moi, and Poore to come back we don't need O'meley.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd prefer Allgood over O'meley, but with Mannah, Moi Moi, and Poore to come back we don't need O'meley.

As I said I don't think we need any new props. I would rather a cheap Allgood than an expensive O'Meley for salary cap purposes.

But hypothetically if he was he was at the club, there is no way in hell Allgood would be keeping him out of first grade.

jono

Juniors
O'Meley is past his use-by date. Would be another Matt Orford situation.
The priority needs to be to get some strong fast outside backs.
Wolfman is available is a good option , but if we're anywhere near the ball park , or in the frame , Will Hopoate is a MUST.

Parraren

Bench
I wonder if Ben Cross & O'Meley share the same manager.

We've been suprisingly linked to both these over the hill nuffies in recent weeks.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's their manager trying to drum up some interest.

Eels Dude

Coach
This thread is only what, 10 posts away now from being closed? I think we should allow Boxy to make the last post as someone stole his thunder last time.

caylo

Bench
As I said I don't think we need any new props. I would rather a cheap Allgood than an expensive O'Meley for salary cap purposes.

But hypothetically if he was he was at the club, there is no way in hell Allgood would be keeping him out of first grade.

I disagree, OMealy was atrocious in his final years, I have not kept up with his progress where ever he is playing but for someone his age to come back to the NRL he will struggle. His fitness in the final two years at the roosters was very bad.

If Allgood is ahead of Webb then is will be ahead of OMealy.

Next year I think we will see a forward pack of

8 Mannah
9 MK
10 Poore
11 Hindy

15 Shakelton
16 Allgood
17 Fuifui

12, 13 and 14 bewteen: Lasalo, Horo, Matuia, Smith, MaGuire and possibly an other signnings. I think Webb will stuggle to get into the side let alone someone who has been out of the game for so long.

Last edited:

Parraren

Bench
With all the speculation about an additional signing you would think it is either a contracted player awaiting for a release or a player that will change his mind about a mission with Spags and the boys giving a donation to the Mormons as compensation. :D

It probably goes down to about 3.

Willie Tonga
Isaac Luke
William Hopoate

I don't think we will end up signing a top shelf secondrower with Pat O'Hanlon being recently re- signed for another 2 years.

I'd throw Folau in there for pure speculation as well.

The kid has been struggling mentally with the switch in codes and there's been some well publicised doubts about his future in the AFL.

I don't think Will Hopoate is the type of character to go back on his word.

whall15

Coach
Have no idea why we are linked to props anyway.

Someone more knowledgable about Super League may give me a reason but is there any reason why backs haven't made the move over here. Could be something for us to look at, not that I know whether anyone would be good enough to bring over.

Pazza

First Grade
Have no idea why we are linked to props anyway.

Someone more knowledgable about Super League may give me a reason but is there any reason why backs haven't made the move over here. Could be something for us to look at, not that I know whether anyone would be good enough to bring over.

Poore might be forced into retirement with this injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.