What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmancraigy

Coach
FOran announced, doesn't seem like the type of guy who back out of a deal.
Out of curiosity can parra back out? Guess dogs did rom Fafita.

Just incase Sandow and Norman kill it and Forans going backwards.

Fifita should have sued Dogs. He agreed to terms but didnt sign if i recall? then the union talk meant they said 'no way'

Will believe it when it's announced.

No sense of elation with me.
I have absolutely zero trust with journalists so until it is official I will assume nothing but he is staying at Manly.

If it is true, Manly will begin a vicious downward spiral and the Eels will become a force.

Fifita should have sued Dogs. He agreed to terms but didnt sign if i recall? then the union talk meant they said 'no way'

He didn't sign a full contract. He signed an MOU as far as I know, and these are much tougher to enforce strictly, as they often leave scope for movement if certain contingencies occur. Then, when they presented him a contract offer it was for less $$ (at least the payments directly from the Dogs were for a lesser amount than in the MOU).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great news if true, sounds like Choc played a big part and add in Arthur who obviously had quite a big effect on Foran in his one season at Manly. I doubt we sign any either of those two if we had of went with Taylor so Sharpie deserves plenty of credit for this.

spiderdan

Bench
the one thing I have playing in the back of my mind is that if this is true, foran has asked it stays behind closed doors until they're ready to announce and he turns his back before signing because it was still leaked (avenger mentioned some time ago that someone with good inside info on the other forum brought it up and it was meant to be kept quiet - that guy probably should have kept quiet). I hope it doesn't make foran flip like Bennett did to chooks when that went public early.

Incorrect

Coach
Going to be interesting to see how Norman goes this year... he came to play in the 6, now the coach has signed the comp's premier five-eighths for next year...

Maybe Hoppa doesn't re-sign and Norman goes back to fullback... maybe Sandow doesn't get re-signed and Norman plays in the number 7....maybe Ricky Stuart will get his man again and take Norman off Parra's hands a year before his contract runs out..... maybe Sandow and Norman both get jettisoned and end up at the Titans and Foran is joined in the halves by Matterson in 2016....

So many possibilities!

Gazzamatta

Coach
And now lets all thank the best footy brain in the business, one Richard Stuart for his Nostradamus like insight to sack Brad Arthur upon his Eeels appointment. Without this Chess Master like move from The Coach, none of this Eel resurgence would ever have occured. Well done Super Coach.

Chipmunk

Coach
No sense of elation with me.
I have absolutely zero trust with journalists so until it is official I will assume nothing but he is staying at Manly.

If it is true, Manly will begin a vicious downward spiral and the Eels will become a force.

I was just looking at your footer. I went to a Bowl game in Arizona a few years back and the Sooners were playing.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Going to be interesting to see how Norman goes this year... he came to play in the 6, now the coach has signed the comp's premier five-eighths for next year...

Maybe Hoppa doesn't re-sign and Norman goes back to fullback... maybe Sandow doesn't get re-signed and Norman plays in the number 7....maybe Ricky Stuart will get his man again and take Norman off Parra's hands a year before his contract runs out..... maybe Sandow and Norman both get jettisoned and end up at the Titans and Foran is joined in the halves by Matterson in 2016....

So many possibilities!

don't forget hayne!

Joely01

Bench
Great news, I just hope its true.
No quotes in the article which is always a worry.

One thing I have really liked about Foran is the way he has gone about his new contract, hasn't played a media circus (like his team mate) done the respectful thing for all clubs involved.
A class act and I really hope he ends up at our club next year.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
if DCE intends to stay, and foran is indeed signing for us, it would be wise of foran to announce his leaving first, so that daly's news can give them ugly bastards some respite, there would be more backlash if it was the other way round, same for even if both leave

Incorrect

Coach
Great news, I just hope its true.
No quotes in the article which is always a worry.

One thing I have really liked about Foran is the way he has gone about his new contract, hasn't played a media circus (like his team mate) done the respectful thing for all clubs involved.
A class act and I really hope he ends up at our club next year.

I must admit I will only be convinced 100% until we get an announcement from the man himself and/or the club.

Foran might end up being pretty peeved that this was leaked/announced before he had a chance to inform teammates and the Manly club.... the article states that the deal is due to be signed in coming days does it not?

Put the corks back in the bottle until we get something official I say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts