What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parraren

Bench
The Tedesco thing got me laughing at poor old RS.

Then it made me think, do you reckon we've signed someone but have held back on the announcement until post rd13 after last years Papali fiasco. If so, who?

Then I laughed some more at RS.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I'll tell you what, if we have signed someone and are waiting for after round 13 to announce it, we have done a great job keeping it under raps.

IFR33K

Coach
Surely the round 13 rule needs to be abolished.

Clubs are being taken to the cleaners by the players.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
'They' did.

Personally I think he will stay in the NRL for the reason I gave. I hope it's us because he would be perfect.

I think he will too.

He'd be good, but i'd be more keen on buying a forward with more leadership. Teo doesn't do it for me in that department. But, who can we get???

spiderdan

Bench
Surely the round 13 rule needs to be abolished.

Clubs are being taken to the cleaners by the players.
giving until rd 13 is stupid but I do think there needs to be a cooling off period after a player has signed until the contract is formally registered to allow clubs a chance at matching offers.

At least tedesco flipped within a week. If a player signs very early in the year then flips just before the deadline it can severely affect a club's future planning and recruitment that may have worked around a particular signature.

Should just be a two week window after signing or rd 13, whichever occurs first to finalize a contract and register it I think.

Parraren

Bench
I think he will too.

He'd be good, but i'd be more keen on buying a forward with more leadership. Teo doesn't do it for me in that department. But, who can we get???

I think Teo could become a leader for us, just like Peats.

He doesn't need to play that role at Souths and neither did Nathan.

He'd be a great buy for us but I reckon he'd be after a fair bit of coin.

Do we have the cap space for an Origin forward?

strider

Post Whore
he led the charge giving it to danny weilder with both barrels at a press interview they showed on NRL 360 last night .... told him he wont answer any of his questions then told him where he could stick it and called him a grub at the end of it - lol

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I don't know about the space. Hopefully we can entice Watmough over. Channel 9 ran a story last night of how he and DCE can't stand each other. If it's true, it will help us to convince him to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts