What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Burton is a cheap man's Burton.
Hes done nothing so far, wighton is miles ahead
While I'm out here dreaming how about Benny hunt at 9 once griffdog gets the chop 🤣
Burton’s career could follow Yeo’s. He was a more talented centre than Yeo ever was, but he has a skill set to take what Yeo has evolved the modern 13 into, and take it even further.

He hasn’t improved much as a six though; still playing it safe.

maple_69

Bench
I’ve been underwhelmed by our performances so far as well but who has actually passed us? No side is a true standout this year. Manlys defence is frail, Brisbane were super underwhelming in the last two while the rest of the pre-season contenders have looked as flat as us.

Fangs

Coach
We haven't had any soft games yet. Those ones really do matter. Let's you blow out the cobwebs.

Brisbane look top 4 this year. I'm in the camp that sees Parra miss the 8 but they always rise for Penrith matches. Souths have been consistent for years. This Raiders match the easiest so far but against a huge pack it's never that simple.

I do think it's good enough of a team to win the comp. Purely on defence Penrith go deep this year.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
We haven't had any soft games yet. Those ones really do matter. Let's you blow out the cobwebs.

Brisbane look top 4 this year. I'm in the camp that sees Parra miss the 8 but they always rise for Penrith matches. Souths have been consistent for years. This Raiders match the easiest so far but against a huge pack it's never that simple.

I do think it's good enough of a team to win the comp. Purely on defence Penrith go deep this year.
Yeah I think we'll finish 4th-6th. If we are fit enough I think we can grind out another premiership.
But this all rests on either Soni Luke somehow staying fit and playing 60+ mins every finals game or Ivan punting on a kid which really isn't his style.

Fangs

Coach
Yeah I think we'll finish 4th-6th. If we are fit enough I think we can grind out another premiership.
But this all rests on either Soni Luke somehow staying fit and playing 60+ mins every finals game or Ivan punting on a kid which really isn't his style.

Its fine to predict but too early to judge.

Origin/rep season will sort out clubs. Look what it did to Brisbane last year. From 4th place to 9th. Lost 6 of their last 9 including a loss to the wooden spooners (Tigers). When the injuries and fatigue catch up some clubs manage it better than others. We did a fantastic job in that area in 2021 and have the experience to manage it well.

I'll take 4th-6th. If we keep our defence conceding just 12 points a game on average we will win most of the close ones. And come finals time no one will want to play us.

Bred not Bought

Juniors

I can't see Luke's body lasting 60 minutes. Heck even 50 probably a stretch. Too fragile Imo. Based on his career so far.
The concerning point is he has played 3 games this year and 2 of them he has only come on after HT. The only time he did come on in the first half in r2 was because Kenny's HIA.

Munky

Coach
Its fine to predict but too early to judge.

Origin/rep season will sort out clubs. Look what it did to Brisbane last year. From 4th place to 9th. Lost 6 of their last 9 including a loss to the wooden spooners (Tigers). When the injuries and fatigue catch up some clubs manage it better than others. We did a fantastic job in that area in 2021 and have the experience to manage it well.

I'll take 4th-6th. If we keep our defence conceding just 12 points a game on average we will win most of the close ones. And come finals time no one will want to play us.

The club prepared magnificently for Origin last year with SOS able to cover halfback and have us beat the Tigpies and Bulldogs.

Allowed load management before the finals.

We've already lost more games this season than we did until twenty rounds last year.

Even if we make it through Origin fit I doubt ladder position will allow the same resting of niggles that happened in 2022.

Fangs

Coach
Even if we make it through Origin fit I doubt ladder position will allow the same resting of niggles that happened in 2022.

Probably not no.

Not the same depth but I think the experience of handling that period counts for a lot too.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
The club prepared magnificently for Origin last year with SOS able to cover halfback and have us beat the Tigpies and Bulldogs.

Allowed load management before the finals.

We've already lost more games this season than we did until twenty rounds last year.

I doubt we have as many in Origin though as last year. Luai, Critta, obviously Api gone, cant see the former two boys getting a start. Yeo, Nathan, To'o and Martin likely the only ones.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Personally, I don’t think our overall performances have been as dire as some have suggested.

Tomorrow night is a huge game given it is against opponents who probably aren’t likely to finish in the top 8, so a win is a must basically. I can see it being a tough game though.
I agree, they have been 1 point losses, they will get I to sync soon, I am confident about that. So much Doom and gloom around here.