What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

GowersDallyM

Juniors
That's not really supported by his performance in the World Cup. He was brilliant for Samoa playing without Cleary or Yeo and was one of the best players in the whole tournament. He got his team to the final. $500k is a deadset insult.

Luai's "Mr Cool" persona, does him no favours at all. He is criminally underrated by many people and a slow start to the season (he is not alone there, Yeo, Cleary, JFH and Leota have also been flat) have made people forget how good he can be.

My question is....does he fit under the cap considering Yeo and Cleary are now both on big bucks and we need to keep Edwards.

If either Edwards or Luai go onto the market both could get massive money! We need to keep Edwards and also need to find a good hooker.

Cleary will be on 1.3mil
Yeo around 1mil
Edwards should get 800k
That's easy 3 mill gone on three players add Luai would would want the same as Dyl so that's nearly 4mil on 4 players

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
and this is why dear reader Kiks and Api had to leave. Also why Crighton and Lenui are on the move also.

I think Luai will need 700-900 to stay.

I think Edwards would stay for 800.

Hopefully both are willing to stay for less.

(I think Leota and Yeo stayed for unders, cause their contracts happened so quickly.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
We need both Luai and Edwards. Hopefully they are willing to take 'unders' to stay.

On a side not is anyone concerned about the ethics of Aaron Woods commentating on such things, whilst still a player Basically the optics of it all.

Also Gould's 'paid' comments about other teams whilst being the Manager of football at the dogs.

When he worked at the Panthers he appeared more careful with his comments. Now not so.

Adam jeffries

Juniors
Dylan Edwards is a great player but he isn't worth $1 Mil he isn't in the top 3-4 fullbacks , he needs the panthers as much as they need him, Luai would struggle outside someone else bar Cleary he doesn't control the team and you would say he isn't going to win you a game if it's tight so he is maybe worth $6-700 a year

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Dylan Edwards is a great player but he isn't worth $1 Mil he isn't in the top 3-4 fullbacks , he needs the panthers as much as they need him, Luai would struggle outside someone else bar Cleary he doesn't control the team and you would say he isn't going to win you a game if it's tight so he is maybe worth $6-700 a year
But if you had to pick one you'd keep Edwards surely? We might be able to keep them both as both might take unders to stay but going off the last few guys in Kikau, Api and Critter they all took the money to go to lesser clubs (bottom 8 sides) Edwards would be a gun in any side as his work rate and security under the high ball makes him so great...Luai doesn't have the game management or kicking game to carry a team.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Dylan Edwards is a freak. Only Teddy is ahead of him in the FB rankings.

Every season he gets better, this year is no different.

Unfortunately for us, he’s now going to attract big offers. Jack Wighton for instance is getting million dollar plus offers.

We need to lock him down as an absolute priority.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
If there was ever a player who would accept less to stay here you'd think Dylan would be it with Luai not far behind also. That being said both have young families so it would be hard to blame either for taking any massive offers they got. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Like I've already said Dylan is our best ever trainer and will slot straight into a way overpaid coaching role after retirement. His wife might also been keen on a job 😉

Flashstep

Juniors
I’ve heard Edwards is currently on around 500k and Luai 750k, obviously I don’t know for sure but I think it’s a fair estimate.

I’d say Edwards is worth at least 850-900k for us but he could probably get offers of 1M+ from other clubs because of todays market. Luai I think is a good player but wouldn’t say he’s worth much more then he’s currently on.

Id love to keep both but I think Edwards has to be the priority here if we have no choice but to lose one.

MrBlack

Juniors
Api, Kikau etc have hardly been at their best since leaving. Api especially, he looks a shadow of himself.

Maybe its the system here and not their ability that makes them stand out.

Something for guys like Lui and Edwards to think of.

Can always make buckets when you go to the ESL in retirement

MrBlack

Juniors
I’ve heard Edwards is currently on around 500k and Luai 750k, obviously I don’t know for sure but I think it’s a fair estimate.

I’d say Edwards is worth at least 850-900k for us but he could probably get offers of 1M+ from other clubs because of todays market. Luai I think is a good player but wouldn’t say he’s worth much more then he’s currently on.

Id love to keep both but I think Edwards has to be the priority here if we have no choice but to lose one.

Lets see what Taruva looks like in a few months. I think he will one day slot in at fullback.

Cleary needs Luai there. He would be the harder player to lose

soc123_au

Staff member
Api, Kikau etc have hardly been at their best since leaving. Api especially, he looks a shadow of himself.

Maybe its the system here and not their ability that makes them stand out.

Something for guys like Lui and Edwards to think of.

Can always make buckets when you go to the ESL in retirement
Api looks fine, it's his spud team mates that have no idea how to play off him that is the problem. The try he scored a week or so ago where he put a little kick in the ingoal, here that try would have been scored by Criita, Martin or Cleary. Instead Api had to score himself while his mates stood flat footed more bamboozled than the defence. Not one Tiger was within 15 meters of the ball when the try was scored.

He and Staines carried them against Parra with a bit of help from Bateman, the rest of the team were clueless.