What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think we get them both for 800k.

If we can’t, I’d choose Luai, I love Dylan, I don’t want any other FB, but we have some outstanding young FB options to replace him with. We don’t have an obvious replacement for Luai at this stage.

I’ve also heard that Nathan is willing to take a pay cut to keep the boys together.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think we get them both for 800k.

If we can’t, I’d choose Luai, I love Dylan, I don’t want any other FB, but we have some outstanding young FB options to replace him with. We don’t have an obvious replacement for Luai at this stage.

I’ve also heard that Nathan is willing to take a pay cut to keep the boys together.
Nathan already took 300-500k less per year

Big Mick

Referee
I'm not worried about retaining Luai and Edwards tbh. I think both stay.

I'm more worried about keeping May and Iongi after 2024.

I think Roosters go hard for May to replace Tupou.

Last edited:

kinghippo

Juniors
I'm not worried about retaining Luai and Edwards tbh. I think both stay.

I'm more worried about keeping May and Iongi after 2024.

I think Roosters go hard for May to replace Tupou.
Roosters already got young from Newcastle, despite having Manu and Tedesco on a million each , plus the rest.

If we are comparing to the Roosters we can upgrade Edwards and luai and buy kikau and api back

I think this article is a non event, both will stay.

Penrith have an awesome team but we have managed our cap well.
We have a guns and rookies squad.

We know the guns but we have a large amount of good players on small contracts.

Kenny, hosking, Turuva, tago, and May are not on big coin and the rest of the bench in on very small contracts, including Sorrenson.

Fish, Yeo and Cleary are the big money but most of the team are on unders.
Crichton got shown the door because he wanted a payday.

The real story is which up and comers will we loose.

Soni Luke will be targeted by other teams, he could want a start and some big dollars, he is older than others coming through.

Turuva could see a lot of interest from elsewhere and our amazing juniors will continue to be poached.
Just call Api and ask how life is after Penrith

The Teach

Juniors
Dylan Edwards is a great player but he isn't worth $1 Mil he isn't in the top 3-4 fullbacks , he needs the panthers as much as they need him, Luai would struggle outside someone else bar Cleary he doesn't control the team and you would say he isn't going to win you a game if it's tight so he is maybe worth $6-700 a year
You are criminally underrating Dyl here. The basis of our game is defence, and the fullback sets the defence. For the past 3 years, we have been the best defensive team in the league, and a lot of that credit has to go to Dyl reading opposition plays from the back and setting the line accordingly. If you watch him, you will see him ordering tacklers into the right position. The team have so much faith in him, and it shows, and this is why he is worth a significant pay increase

Coast panther

Juniors
I think both dyl and laui stay, but the more it drags on the more likely it is we loose Martin. If that's the price we pay so be it, it makes alot more sense of our interest in wilton as a cheap alternative if we have to pay closer to market value to retain the pair

GowersDallyM

Juniors
I think both dyl and laui stay, but the more it drags on the more likely it is we loose Martin. If that's the price we pay so be it, it makes alot more sense of our interest in wilton as a cheap alternative if we have to pay closer to market value to retain the pair
Been winning games without Martin..Hosking's is pretty much a Martin style anyway with abit less punch atm.