What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Teig Wilton was an option but if I had to pick one, I'd keep Sorro as he's already in the system and you know what he's about.

Plus, he's a f**king rig. I don't swing that way but if I did, I'd be hitting up @SLRBRONCOS for some advice on how to do a reach around.
He'd get it for sure, even with the mannequin head.

PS if you found yourself in that arse of his, oh honey you aint going back

Munky

Coach
Sorro is also under 200 games across NSW cup and first grade.

Under 100 in firsts.

Intensity matters more than age in 2023 with modern sport science and Sorro hasn't played enough in the higher grades to break down from wear and tear.

The bloke's rig clearly shows he looks after himself and while no Yeoweh he makes my greatest Panther team (off the bench) every time.

Jake Turbo is younger than him and looks plod these days.

Kilkenny

Coach
The salary cap is an amazing beast.

Other clubs despite having rosters arguably with as many high earners as we do bringing in new recruits and retaining others. Roosters resigning JWH and Tupou despite bring in Spencer and the winger from the knights. Bunnies big signing in Weighton. Eels resigning Mitchell but finding space for Joe Offa.

I don’t feel sorry for our plight, but kinda feel sorry for some of the lesser lights who struggle to recruit anyone of note While the more successful clubs with already powerful rosters are able to bring in further highly paid stars.

WestyLife

First Grade

Other clubs despite having rosters arguably with as many high earners as we do bringing in new recruits and retaining others. Roosters resigning JWH and Tupou despite bring in Spencer and the winger from the knights. Bunnies big signing in Weighton. Eels resigning Mitchell but finding space for Joe Offa.

I don’t feel sorry for our plight, but kinda feel sorry for some of the lesser lights who struggle to recruit anyone of note While the more successful clubs with already powerful rosters are able to bring in further highly paid stars.

The Roosters is the one that bothers me the most. It makes no sense. At least Wighton is just trying to finish his career playing with his best mate Latrell and also getting away from Ricky.

Iamback

Coach
Edwards will be staying regardless of what eventuates with Scott.

Not if we pay overs for him.

That is the thing we have lots of money already locked up on other guys. Still have a couple of more key pieces.

We may not have $500k or whatever he is being offered elsewhere

Iamback

Coach

Neither of those sides are top 8 though. I don't see the Joe Offa signing in particular changing that. At full strength he is a bench forward who took the spot of their backup 7

Iamback

Coach
Unfortunately he will have to go for us to fit Martin, Luai and Edwards...I'm still unsure we can even fit all three names mentioned or if they should try keep all three on big contracts especially since we have plenty of holes to fill e.g a hooker, centre and backrower.

Comes down to value for money.

Sorensen to keep as a bench forward is a no brainer. As a starting forward though

maple_69

Bench
If we lose Sorenson, which I expect we will, it’s another good reason to blood Tago in the pack in the Salmon role and trial Jenkins/Cole/McLean in the centres. We have a heap of outside backs and past Hosking/Martin, Garner is the only first grade option on the edge if Tago isn’t considered. Given Martin should be spending some time in the middle next year to help out Smith/Henry, we become really light on the edges.

Depth Chart next year:
Fullback: Edwards, Turuva, Iongi, Mclean
Wing: To’o, May, Turuva, Jenkins, Mclean
Centre: Tago, Jenkins, Cole, May, Mclean
Prop: Fish, Leota, Smith, Henry, Martin, Lisati, Geyer
Edge: Martin, Hosking, Tago, Garner, Salmon, Geyer, Hassett

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Well Tedesco surely has to be replaced by Edwards for NSW now.. bloke was horrible all night and got out jumped by a prop..missed two other tackles that 90% of the fullbacks make.

Martin extension looms

It’s hoped that Blues forward Liam Martin will lock in a contract extension with the Panthers in the coming weeks. Martin is keen to stay at the foot of the mountains beyond his existing contract, which expires at the end of next year. He signed a one-year extension in February but both he and the club are keen on a longer commitment.

OUT-OF-FAVOUR TIGER ON LOOKOUT FOR NEW CLUB

Tigers back-rower Shawn Blore could be on the look-out for a new club. Rival NRL clubs as well as Super League teams have been made aware Blore could be available – even potentially mid-season.

Blore played five of the opening six games for the Tigers but has not been seen in first grade since then. The 22-year-old burst onto the scene as a big-hitting back-rower but missed the entire 2022 season after rupturing his ACL in the pre-season. Blore still has 12 months left on his deal.

Source telecrap.