What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Laurie was far from disgruntled, no different to Shaun Blore, there moves were just about greater opportunities, pure and simple. No one can blame them, or do hold anything against them. There will be others in the coming seasons who will leave our club to seek greater opportunities just the way it is.

That was my overall point.

I watched that video of Lauries first nrl game and how shy and bashful he was.

But I’m proud we spotted him.

Dylan is just too powerful to mess with at f/b. He’s not super big or super fast, just effective.

Kilkenny

Coach

Dylan is just too powerful to mess with at f/b. He’s not super big or super fast, just effective.

I’m not sure it was a master stroke by your recruitment team, his talent was probably well known to all 16 NRL clubs but you guys obviously needed a fullback more than most other teams hence you are the fortunate beneficiaries. Hope he kills it for you guys, sure he will.

Original Name

Juniors
I’m not sure it was a master stroke by your recruitment team, his talent was probably well known to all 16 NRL clubs but you guys obviously needed a fullback more than most other teams hence you are the fortunate beneficiaries. Hope he kills it for you guys, sure he will.
I mean I think Blore really underestimated himself if he thought he'd have that much trouble cracking the 17. Seemed like a shoe in for a debut the year after he came back from an acl if not the same year. We only went after both Capewell and Alex Glenn for a 4th backrower because Blore left.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee

I remember him almost scoring and almost setting up a try in the few minutes he got on debut, the game we flogged Canberra I think it was. He came on and was attacking straightaway. He looked good from the get go.

betcats

Referee
I mean I think Blore really underestimated himself if he thought he'd have that much trouble cracking the 17. Seemed like a shoe in for a debut the year after he came back from an acl if not the same year. We only went after both Capewell and Alex Glenn for a 4th backrower because Blore left.

Capewell was on the radio yesterday he said he almost ended up at wests “so I dodged a bullet there” I had to laugh at that.

He was pretty tight lipped when asked about his future. It’s seems pretty certain that he is going after this year.

The_Frog

First Grade
It’s a bit creepy.

Disgruntled juniors in the system think they could get a shot elsewhere. A lot of the Tigers side is made up of these types of youngsters.

Laurie is a good example.
Laurie wasn't disgruntled, but he received an offer and the Panthers didn't stand in his way. Maybe they should have but its ancient history now.

Capewell was on the radio yesterday he said he almost ended up at wests “so I dodged a bullet there” I had to laugh at that.

He was pretty tight lipped when asked about his future. It’s seems pretty certain that he is going after this year.

It would be great to keep him, but being an Origin certainty now and with the way he's going his asking price will be substantial. I'm sure the Roosters would find a way to keep him.

MugaB

Coach

I reckon he'll be waiting for the expansion in brisbane in 2023, so Dolphins or Jets

chrisD

Coach
Is Burns currently our only real candidate to replace Capewell? That guy just hasn't looked a first grader as yet.

WestyLife

First Grade
Burns is captaining the cup side now, he is a talented player he gets way to much hate. He also has scored 20 tries in 37 NSW cup games which goes to show how much attacking skill the guy has. He will certainly be the first choice to replace Capewell imo, not the only one though.

If he could translate that to first grade I'd really appreciate it :joy:

Does he get stage fright or something because he looks off when in first grade.

betcats

Referee
If he could translate that to first grade I'd really appreciate it :joy:

Does he get stage fright or something because he looks off when in first grade.

4 tries in 12 nrl games is not to far off that strike rate, still very good for a bench backrower. He has definitely shown glimpses of his talent in FG. An undisciplined rookie just needs some more time, Burns is going to have a good NRL career barring injury.

Latest posts