What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

chrisD

Coach
4 tries in 12 nrl games is not to far off that strike rate, still very good for a bench backrower. He has definitely shown glimpses of his talent in FG. An undisciplined rookie just needs some more time, Burns is going to have a good NRL career barring injury.
He has had a decent run in first grade and not looked nearly good enough. I hope very much he's not being looked at as a sure thing.

betcats

Referee
He has had a decent run in first grade and not looked nearly good enough. I hope very much he's not being looked at as a sure thing.

I doubt they are looking at him as a sure thing but I do think he will be given first crack at it.

franklin2323

Immortal

He looks too good for NSW Cup when he plays there. So needs to put it together in the top grade but not everyone is an instant hit

betcats

Referee
He looks too good for NSW Cup when he plays there. So needs to put it together in the top grade but not everyone is an instant hit

Yep, the errors he was making were just handling errors with the ball and stupid penalties without it, its certainly something that needs to be worked on but its not like he was running around out there clueless. 4 tries and 5 linebreaks in his first 12 NRL games is quite good considering the bench minutes he was getting.

Girds89

Bench
Yep, the errors he was making were just handling errors with the ball and stupid penalties without it, its certainly something that needs to be worked on but its not like he was running around out there clueless. 4 tries and 5 linebreaks in his first 12 NRL games is quite good considering the bench minutes he was getting.

Spot on. Hard to come on and impress with limited minutes. When you consider amount of tries he has actually scored per min played it would probably equate close to a try a game.

I have no doubt he will be a good fg player. He's quick for a backrower to which is nice.

betcats

Referee
Burns and Capewell have some similarities if you look at Capey when he was starting out. He didn’t debut till 21/22 and was just a back up for a while and he can play edge forward or fill in at centre, he was used like that by the sharks pretty much his entire time there.

Kilkenny

Coach
While Kurt Capewell may be leaning towards a move home I’m not sure either the Titans or Broncos are going to have sufficient cap space to accommodate him. Perhaps we could give him a one year deal pending the inclusion of the 2nd Brisbane team in 2023 which is a possibility?

betcats

Referee
I would like to keep him but all we have heard is he is probably going home. Other clubs have been able to talk to him since November and after the origin series he had its hard to imagine his manager hasn’t been talking to any clubs. He is 27 it’s an important deal for him that is for sure, he’s perfectly placed to cash in on his origin performance and his form for us tbh.

Kilkenny

Coach
I would like to keep him but all we have heard is he is probably going home. Other clubs have been able to talk to him since November and after the origin series he had its hard to imagine his manager hasn’t been talking to any clubs.

There doesn’t seem too many clubs out there flush with cap space.

It seems to me a lot of clubs are under the pump retaining established players who they want to retain while at the same time either not re-signing existing players on there roster or attempting to off load fringe players to free up space.

When you look at the list of players off contract at the end of this season across all 16 clubs the total number is huge.

Many simply aren’t going to get a gig anywhere and sadly there NRL days likely to be over.

Just looking at our club in isolation the prospects for the likes of Jennings, Salmon and Sorensen are not great, one years deals and while they all may get a game or two at some point during 2021 depending on injuries there futures are rather bleak sadly.

betcats

Referee
There doesn’t seem too many clubs out there flush with cap space.

It seems to me a lot of clubs are under the pump retaining established players who they want to retain while at the same time either not re-signing existing players on there roster or attempting to off load fringe players to free up space.

When you look at the list of players off contract at the end of this season across all 16 clubs the total number is huge.

Many simply aren’t going to get a gig anywhere and sadly there NRL days likely to be over.

Just looking at our club in isolation the prospects for the likes of Jennings, Salmon and Sorensen are not great, one years deals and while they all may get a game or two at some point during 2021 depending on injuries there futures are rather bleak sadly.

Yeah it’s just an unfortunate part of the game. Capewell would be in demand though imo. His form speaks for itself and he would bring big game experience and leadership as a senior guy at 28 next season. If I am the Titans I’m doing anything I can to get capewell. Proctor is 31 and off contract this year I believe, capewell would be a huge improvement if they can swing it.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah it’s just an unfortunate part of the game. Capewell would be in demand though imo. His form speaks for itself and he would bring big game experience and leadership as a senior guy at 28 next season. If I am the Titans I’m doing anything I can to get capewell. Proctor is 31 and off contract this year I believe, capewell would be a huge improvement if they can swing it.

You could be right about the Titans he would be a great pick up for them.

The Titans have some serious depth this season. Herman Ese-Ese off season buy and a very good centre in Brian Kelly can’t even get in the 17.

The Titans were in pre season training camp at the Mantra Kingscliff where my wife and I were staying for a week. Caught up with Tyrone Peachy and Mitch Rein and they were very optimistic about the clubs prospects for this season. I know every club says the same thing each and every year during pre season but I must say there was a very good vibe about them from what we saw.

The_Frog

First Grade
Is Burns currently our only real candidate to replace Capewell? That guy just hasn't looked a first grader as yet.
Hopgood is listed as a second rower. Burns just needs to cut down his errors. There appears to be talent.

22 - 22 rounds to go
I wanna sign Brent Naden
No room at the riff because of young Momo
I wanna sign Brent Naden

May is being sued for 125
Ivan lives in Manly, thinks the riff is a dive
Chin should be a fullback, Kiks saved a try

oh oh oh oh oh oh

22 22 rounds to go
I want to sign Brent Naden!

Kilkenny

Coach
22 - 22 rounds to go
I wanna sign Brent Naden
No room at the riff because of young Momo
I wanna sign Brent Naden

May is being sued for 125
Ivan lives in Manly, thinks the riff is a dive
Chin should be a fullback, Kiks saved a try

oh oh oh oh oh oh

22 22 rounds to go
I want to sign Brent Naden!

A couple of points here worth commenting on,

Brent Naden is a more than handy player, good value particularly given his modest wages.

Civil action has been initiated against Tyrone May, albeit there are no figures as yet being talked about so your guestimate of $125K is largely just that, pure speculation. I would suspect any out of court settlement will be far less than your speculated amount.

Ivan is renovating his property in Freshwater and is currently residing in Penrith. He also retains his former home in River Road Emu Plains which is leased out currently.

A couple of points here worth commenting on,

Brent Naden is a more than handy player, good value particularly given his modest wages.

Civil action has been initiated against Tyrone May, albeit there are no figures as yet being talked about so your guestimate of $125K is largely just that, pure speculation. I would suspect any out of court settlement will be far less than your speculated amount.

Ivan is renovating his property in Freshwater and is currently residing in Penrith. He also retains his former home in River Road Emu Plains which is leased out currently.

It was just supposed to be a happy sing a long for froggy and an ode to Nado. He’d look great in wt kit now Mbye wants out.

Ps: I read it was 185k and from I know, I think he’s going to struggle to defend it.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I am a little out of touch but in respect of the proceedings initiated against Tyrone May in the civil jurisdiction it is probably a no brainer he will be found liable for damages and therefore it is largely in his best interests to settle out of court and avoid very substantial legal costs.

The plaintiff in seeking monetary damages will have to demonstrate a number of things in order maximise any judgement or negotiated settlement.

Physical injury, psychological injury, loss of earnings etc etc all as a direct or indirect consequence of the actions or acts of the defendant. This is a rather simplistic explanation of proceedings which are much more complicated.

Sadly, and anyone who has been involved directly in civil proceedings as the plaintiff can attest there is largely only ever one winner and that is the lawyers involved.

I can probably provide numerous examples wherein there is only one winner in legal proceedings, civil or otherwise, but as an example a very dear friend of mine initiated civil proceedings over a family estate/will dispute. He was always going to win and he did have a win in court, awarded a substantial settlement, his family member went into bankruptcy and he is still paying off hundred’s of thousands of dollars in legal costs while the person whom he initiated proceedings against (sister) still resides in the home the proceedings were all about in the first place.

There really is no justice sometimes.

Last edited:
I am a little out of touch but in respect of the proceedings initiated against Tyrone May in the civil jurisdiction it is probably a no brainer he will be found liable for damages and therefore it is largely in his best interests to settle out of court and avoid very substantial legal costs.

The plaintiff in seeking monetary damages will have to demonstrate a number of things in order maximise any judgement or negotiated settlement.

Physical injury, psychological injury, loss of earnings etc etc all as a direct or indirect consequence of the actions or acts of the defendant. This is a rather simplistic explanation of proceedings which are much more complicated.

Sadly, and anyone who has been involved directly in civil proceedings as the plaintiff can attest there is largely only ever one winner and that is the lawyers involved. I’ll leave it that.

I feel very sorry for her. It can’t be undone. Bad enough if a few friends see it, but the whole world?

It may haunt her forever. He can play footy but hes still yuckk. Even the high priestess of smug, @Jane Murray is creeped out by him.

Last edited:
That's a lot of cabbage for embarrassment and not saying sorry. Especially when it is not known who placed the material online.

It was reasonably foreseeable it would end up on www.

She goes for job, someone says something and people smirk. Hard to be a teacher, ceo, cop etc.

She will be unfairly treated as a sex object.
Looked down upon and pious people will hate her.

I think Its a life sentence for her. No amount of money can right the wrong.

She’s just a kid. She may have to change her identity and all that. It’s such an immoral thing to do, even by my own f**ked up and otherwise gutter level standards.