What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

franklin2323

Immortal
Drags look like might get McGuire and Fafita, if they do Blacker who is off contract this year will be further down the pecking order

Blacker should already be in their 17. Should go up to NQ or Bulldogs and get regular game time

Bob

Juniors
Peter Lang (@PeterVLang) Tweeted:
I’ve heard that the Panthers have done a player swap with the Dragons. Penrith will sign giant Dragons prop Eddie Blacker and St George Illawarra will get Billy Burns. This has NOT BEEN CONFIRMED by the Panthers but the deal is expected to be announced next week. #PantherPride

Original Name

Juniors
Burns and Capewell have some similarities if you look at Capey when he was starting out. He didn’t debut till 21/
Capewell was not this big when he was starting out his career imo, he was playing a lot of centre. Both good hole runners and mobile with some skill. I see some similarities.

Not every player is a finished product at 22. Capewell took years to develop into a rep level backrower, literally 3 or 4 ymber: 33250"]Capewell was not this big when he was starting out his career imo, he was playing a lot of centre. Both good hole runners and mobile with some skill. I see some similarities.

Not every player is a finished product at 22. Capewell took years to develop into a rep level backrower, literally 3 or 4 years, he started out looking like a much different player.

Isaah Yeo is another one who was nowhere near a finished product at 22. If someone had of said back then he would be a dominant lock in a few years I don’t think many of us would’ve believed it. I’m not saying Burns is similar to Yeo but I think he will find his feet and kick on when he gets a roper run whether it’s here or at another club.
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/11/03/kurt-capewell---season-review/
I mean he looked pretty big for a centre. Kurt looks fairly stocky here for a centre as a 23 year and Burns is 22.

I follow some of the players on Twitter and I've seen Daine Laurie giving to him for his rig while Burns was doing some weights. He doesn't look unimpressive by athlete standards. He looks like some random any random early 20 year you'd see on the street. There was barely any muscle definition on him at all on him at all. You wouldn't even think he's a guy who goes to the gym reguarly if you saw him with his shirt off.
Blacker is good. Not sure why he would come here given he won't be in the 17
Some talk McGuire is going there. Penrith might be an easier 17 to crack for depth props with him going there.

franklin2323

Immortal
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/11/03/kurt-capewell---season-review/
I mean he looked pretty big for a centre. Kurt looks fairly stocky here for a centre as a 23 year and Burns is 22.

I follow some of the players on Twitter and I've seen Daine Laurie giving to him for his rig while Burns was doing some weights. He doesn't look unimpressive by athlete standards. He looks like some random any random early 20 year you'd see on the street. There was barely any muscle definition on him at all on him at all. You wouldn't even think he's a guy who goes to the gym reguarly if you saw him with his shirt off.

Some talk McGuire is going there. Penrith might be an easier 17 to crack for depth props with him going there.

We almost had McGuire here instead of Tamou due to hook. I can see why Blacker wants out not sure why us nor why we give up a backrower for him

Original Name

Juniors
We almost had McGuire here instead of Tamou due to hook. I can see why Blacker wants out not sure why us nor why we give up a backrower for him
Maybe we're really evolving into a powerhouse club and players will be willing to come to Penrith to improve their game. JFH, Leota and Yeo have improved out of sight in the last 2-3 years so it makes sense some player would see that and take notice. Backrow would be the natural position we'd give up because we have the most depth there I assume.

murraymob

Coach
Trading Burns for blacker salary cap wise should not gain us much as both are low earners .not sure it frees up much in the money to throw at capewell who has improved massively with us
Does anyone think he will actually stay given we are seeing the cowboys and broncos trying to offload players both will be cashed up

Jane Murray

Bench
Trading Burns for blacker salary cap wise should not gain us much as both are low earners .not sure it frees up much in the money to throw at capewell who has improved massively with us
Does anyone think he will actually stay given we are seeing the cowboys and broncos trying to offload players both will be cashed up
No I don't. Rumour has it that Capewell wants to return home to Queensland.

Latest posts