What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Interesting in the Tele article it states the swap is only for this season,meaning Burns who is contracted until end of next season will be back for 2022. Upside there...
Correct about Burns contracted till the end of 2022. Blacker is only signed with St George till the end of this year. So if Blacker works out this year we are free to sign him for next year. I think it is a win for us.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Hey gang, just popping in from the other side...

From what i've heard, this is more than just a loan deal, it's a full signing.

If it is a loan, then it's a great deal for you guys and for Billy to get some more FG experience.
if it's not.... You guys just got completely ripped off. Blacker is mud.

Jane Murray

Bench

If it is a loan, then it's a great deal for you guys and for Billy to get some more FG experience.
No offense, our coach is better.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

He’s quite unlikely to see any first grade anyway, he fills a spot on our roster, that’s the main thing.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Blade (our resident guru re the club) says at this stage it is a loan. Sometimes players work better for a different coach.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
As you all know by now Burns out Blacker in.

The club is keen for Burns to play more FG. Unless injuries and suspensions hit, it won't be much here this year. Loaning him out is in everyone's best interests.

Although he has a few rough edges (and in my opinion a bit off FG) The club wants to see what Blacker can do under our systems. He gives us a little more depth in the middle. There are a few ahead of him though.
If a good deal comes up later on we won't rule out bringing in another middle with more experience. We are in a good position.
The player market is about to have another domino effect soon. It will be interesting to watch what happens. There are some silly trades (not involving us) proposed with other clubs atm. You never know what might happen. Desperate clubs do desperate and dumb things sometimes.

I hope you all had a nice Easter. Mine was a peach. Nice and quiet spent with family. Started off with a nice win over Manly.

This is what Blade said earlier today.

betcats

Referee

I don’t think anyone is expecting much from blacker tbh, Just a young guy with some size and possibly potential. Burns is a talented guy though, he could end up playing a lot of games for you guys which would be awesome for us.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I don’t think anyone is expecting much from blacker tbh, Just a young guy with some size and possibly potential. Burns is a talented guy though, he could end up playing a lot of games for you guys which would be awesome for us.

Like I said, pretty sure it's not a loan. It's a full signing.

We'll see tomorrow I guess.

franklin2323

Immortal
Haha nah, that guy was a FOX stooge to set up Kenty's gossip mongering. Probly one of the sound guys. Who the hell wears a straw hat indoors.
Anyway, your mates are going apeshit over at the Kennel. Some are convinced that our club started the rumour.

haha so good messing with other teams fans

betcats

Referee
Like I said, pretty sure it's not a loan. It's a full signing.

We'll see tomorrow I guess.

oh well if it’s not a loan you are getting a good player. Burns has been a very good nsw cup player since 2019, if he’s going to kick on he needs to see some fg this year. I rate burns as much as anyone does here but I won’t be disappointed even if we are letting him go for a nuffy. We have some forward depth burns can be covered and we don’t need blacker to be a genuine option for us.

roofromoz

First Grade
Eddie Blacker has 1 NRL appearance, in the final round last year. Depth signing but also bolstering the forward stocks. Burns is likely to play more NRL at the Dragons, much like Kaide Ellis.

Latest posts