What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

franklin2323

Immortal

Until he proves otherwise he is a left side only. We moved our most attacking player v Storm to play him on the left. Now moved our best centre to play him on the left.

You need a few guys that can move around if you are going to have a good year.

It is why we will miss Capewell more then people realise next year

Smug Panther

First Grade
Until he proves otherwise he is a left side only. We moved our most attacking player v Storm to play him on the left. Now moved our best centre to play him on the left.

You need a few guys that can move around if you are going to have a good year.

It is why we will miss Capewell more then people realise next year
Capewell is handy but as Liam is outperforming him everytime he gets on out wife this year

Smug Panther

First Grade
Again though. Martin only plays the right. Who covers when Kikau has a breather is an under rated job
Your views on footy are so limited mate. I remember just a few years ago you were sticking to the thought that ballplaying locks would never be a thing again. You are so ridged in what you think is possible

Abacus

Juniors
Anyone at the club encouraging Burton to backflip should be fired out of a cannon into the side of a building. Burton backflipping would destroy his reputation & further damage the club's.

Panthers only real option is to have a deal ready for Burton on 1 November 2022 starting the 2024 season and hope the dogs decide to release him for 2023 (no chance I know).

mxlegend99

Referee
That can only play one side of the field out of position here.

What absolute bullshit. Burton can and would play anywhere we put him. Until he played centre he had never done that and he has been our best centre by far.

He played left because Critter was moved to fullback. He stayed on the left because he did a better job at left centre than Critter and Critter at fullback was doing a lot of right side plays so it made sense.

Critter was average and flawed at fullback. Burton could do atleast aswell as him in those positions.

Nah I don’t think they would either but I meant more that nothing could possibly legally happen to the Panthers for pushing the case when they’ve done the exact same thing already this season

I didn’t mean to imply legal problems, I was talking about contract tampering from the NRL’s perspective. It’s one thing to push for an early release of a player you’ve signed, it’s entirely another to push a player to break a 3 year deal.

I thought Canterbury acted terribly, but actually pushing for a player to break a 3 year contract is worse. If Burton wants to back out of the deal, then he’s the one that needs to lead that.

Anyone at the club encouraging Burton to backflip should be fired out of a cannon into the side of a building. Burton backflipping would destroy his reputation & further damage the club's.

Panthers only real option is to have a deal ready for Burton on 1 November 2022 starting the 2024 season and hope the dogs decide to release him for 2023 (no chance I know).

If Burton himself kicked up a big enough fuss and said he didn’t want to go to the bulldogs, they might have no option but to let him walk. But it would need to come from Burton himself, and the Dogs would want compensation.

it’s a massive long shot, though. No one should be getting their hopes up.

I still think Burton would make a killer fullback. The only question mark is reading the defence, but he’s very switched on so I don’t think it would be a problem.

franklin2323

Immortal
What absolute bullshit. Burton can and would play anywhere we put him. Until he played centre he had never done that and he has been our best centre by far.

He played left because Critter was moved to fullback. He stayed on the left because he did a better job at left centre than Critter and Critter at fullback was doing a lot of right side plays so it made sense.

Critter was average and flawed at fullback. Burton could do atleast aswell as him in those positions.

So why when Cleary ( who plays on the right) was out didn't he just slot straight in then?

franklin2323

Immortal
Your views on footy are so limited mate. I remember just a few years ago you were sticking to the thought that ballplaying locks would never be a thing again. You are so ridged in what you think is possible

Well tell me who plays for Kikau on the left when Capewell is in SOO? Until Martin does he is a right side player.

Burton played on the right once v Knights last year got moved. Until he does it regularly he will be a left side player.

As for the ball playing locks. You can count on one hand the amount try assists by a lock this year. Most sides can draw and pass across the field

The new rules have got forwards passing more to move defences around but it isn't like you are seeing locks throw cut out passes or running short side moves. Still is the FB as the extra play maker.

franklin2323

Immortal
I still think Burton would make a killer fullback. The only question mark is reading the defence, but he’s very switched on so I don’t think it would be a problem.

I don't mean he wasn't capable of playing on the right or in the middle for that matter just it is yet to be seen he can.

Same too applies for Luai but he is now a senior member so doesn't need to be flexible as a centre/Backrower would need to be

I don't mean he wasn't capable of playing on the right or in the middle for that matter just it is yet to be seen he can.

Same too applies for Luai but he is now a senior member so doesn't need to be flexible as a centre/Backrower would need to be

Playing fullback would be fine as you have the extra space to work with, and he can choose to go left a little more than he goes right.

He’s obviously more suited to left side play, I don’t doubt that. But I reckon it might stand out a bit more with him because he’s a lefty, and there’s less of them. Lots of guys are naturally right sided players and they don’t tend to stand out.

betcats

Referee
I’ve been expecting this with Burton, either from us or from burton himself. It’s pretty unlikely but it’s worth a shot, stranger things have happened.

Fletcher isn’t the guy who decides who we want to sign so this must’ve been discussed with Cleary and Cameron. If he’s just gone rogue and said that out of the blue it’s poor but I don’t think that would be the case.

Burton is obviously a kid worth fighting for and if ever there was a club to do it to its the dogs.

betcats

Referee

Didnt hurt Luke Lewis in the long run. I think most people would understand a young guy wanting to stay here. Our club’s reputation is fine we’ve sold out every home game we’ve had, burton back flipping wouldn’t damage us at all imo.

betcats

Referee
Makes sense if you can believe Cleary and Romey might be NSW halves, Burton will move into 6 or7 the only other half is Salmon. He is also a very good goal kicker and played alongside Burton a couple of times.

The guys had to keep playing while Cleary, Luai and burton have all taken off in fg, he’s earned it the hard way, working full time until a few weeks ago.

WestyLife

First Grade
I’ve been expecting this with Burton, either from us or from burton himself. It’s pretty unlikely but it’s worth a shot, stranger things have happened.

Fletcher isn’t the guy who decides who we want to sign so this must’ve been discussed with Cleary and Cameron. If he’s just gone rogue and said that out of the blue it’s poor but I don’t think that would be the case.

Burton is obviously a kid worth fighting for and if ever there was a club to do it to its the dogs.

I can't imagine Ivan and the recruitment committee have encouraged this.

betcats

Referee
I can't imagine Ivan and the recruitment committee have encouraged this.

But effectively he is trying to recruit burton so why would he do that if it hadn’t been discussed with those people at the very least? He could well be speaking out of turn and that would poor as I said, but would he really just decide on his own that we want to convince Burton to stay?

Latest posts