What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Didnt hurt Luke Lewis in the long run. I think most people would understand a young guy wanting to stay here. Our club’s reputation is fine we’ve sold out every home game we’ve had, burton back flipping wouldn’t damage us at all imo.

It’s never hurt anyone’s reputation, players break contracts every year, how is this any different? Circumstances have changed for the kid since he signed, I don’t imagine too many people (other than Dogs fans) would hold it against him.

That being said, he may not want to break it, he has a strong bond with Bazz and may well be looking forward to the challenge.

I actually think the dogs would be better off sticking with their halves and trying to sign a decent hooker, that would actually improve their side more than Burto.

WestyLife

First Grade
But effectively he is trying to recruit burton so why would he do that if it hadn’t been discussed with those people at the very least? He could well be speaking out of turn and that would poor as I said, but would he really just decide on his own that we want to convince Burton to stay?

Yeah sounds to me like he's stirring shit back at the dogs after they went to the media. The dogs would have to release Burton and that's not happening. Burton also within the last week or so said he's committed to them.

betcats

Referee
Yeah sounds to me like he's stirring shit back at the dogs after they went to the media. The dogs would have to release Burton and that's not happening. Burton also within the last week or so said he's committed to them.

That’s definitely possible but it’s seems a bit petty and risky considering burton probably wouldn’t be happy with it in that case.

WestyLife

First Grade
That’s definitely possible but it’s seems a bit petty and risky considering burton probably wouldn’t be happy with it in that case.

The only person on our side who can legitimately start this is Burton himself. We can't negotiate until 2022 so it'd be pretty stupid if they did try something.

betcats

Referee
The only person on our side who can legitimately start this is Burton himself. We can't negotiate until 2022 so it'd be pretty stupid if they did try something.

I’ve said before I wouldn’t be surprised if Burton is had second thoughts about the dogs.

Either way as long as it doesn’t affect anyone’s form I don’t really care what we try, f**k the dogs they have tried to sign half a dozen of our players in 12 months.

WestyLife

First Grade
I’ve said before I wouldn’t be surprised if Burton is had second thoughts about the dogs.

Either way as long as it doesn’t affect anyone’s form I don’t really care what we try, f**k the dogs they have tried to sign half a dozen of our players in 12 months.

Sure I more just don't want us in trouble for tampering with contracts or whatever it's called.

betcats

Referee
Sure I more just don't want us in trouble for tampering with contracts or whatever it's called.

He was asking for the chance to talk to burton about it so it should be fine, doing it publicly maybe just means he is f**king with the dogs but it’s nice to dream.

betcats

Referee
For me the biggest thing is the $$$ but you can't ignore the type of person he is.

oh yeah he’s dick head no doubt but I’m finding it hard not to imagine how we’d look with him coming off the bench after we put the shine on him, does that make me a bad person? Hahah ;)

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Yep, I know a lot of people won’t like it but if the player is available to signed and has improved their attitude and behaviour and if they can make us a better side I don’t mind us pursuing it.

I’m happy to sign anyone that improves our situation, so if he’s cheap, I think he strengthens our bench, so go for it.

betcats

Referee
Not sure blokes who try to murder women and children are good for team culture

You could say the same thing about Tetevano and his past deeds but in reality I have no doubt he was good for our team culture. I’m not saying lodge is in the same boat as tetevano but I think the point about their past actions and team culture is still true.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Not sure blokes who try to murder women and children are good for team culture

Has he tried to murder anyone since? Or has he learnt that drugs and alcohol are very bad.

He’s a living and breathing example of what can go wrong when you mix all that shit.

I don’t think he’d present any sort of risk to the team culture, he seems like a dude that’s grateful for a second chance and is desperate not to blow it.

I get why some people will never ever let it go, but we aren’t picking baby sitters here, they are rugby league players.

WestyLife

First Grade
Is or Was? He seems to be keeping his head down now and playing footy

oh yeah he’s dick head no doubt but I’m finding it hard not to imagine how we’d look with him coming off the bench after we put the shine on him, does that make me a bad person? Hahah ;)

I think everyone deserves the chance to turn their life around and applaud the Broncos for trying. Haven't kept up on it. I'm not sure he's good for our cap though. The Broncos would have to pay a majority of his pretty sizable contract.