What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

franklin2323

Immortal
Hindsight is wonderful. A young guy negotiating his first real contract doesn't have that. He did very well all things considered and will be worth a million if he improves the dogs.

What was the rush though? You can tell the players with the better managers and those that aren't.

WestyLife

First Grade
Nonsense really? He is going to a club which, so far has only one win and one in which their coach is not very good. He is going to a club in which he is expected to be the saviour, so to speak. As for the rest, reading his body language, he does appear to be unhappy. He only left because of the money, and a promise of a first grade spot. He would have gotten that here.

They won't be bottom 4 forever. Half their roster is off contract. Barrett has free reign to build around Burton as a HALF.

Jane Murray

Bench
They won't be bottom 4 forever. Half their roster is off contract. Barrett has free reign to build around Burton as a HALF.
You need a better ROSTER IN ORDER TO DO THAT. Look I am entitled to my opinion, as you are to yours. I am not getting into a argument about that with you, or Smug Panther. Smug crossed the line with his juvenile name calling. It is pathetic actually.

WestyLife

First Grade
You need a better ROSTER IN ORDER TO DO THAT. Look I am entitled to my opinion, as you are to yours. I am not getting into a argument about that with you, or Smug Panther. Smug crossed the line with his juvenile name calling. It is pathetic actually.

Did you ignore the part where I said half their roster is off contract? Yes you are entitled to your opinion. If you don't want to discuss opinions why are you here?

franklin2323

Immortal
He's secured an upgrade of at minimum triple what he's on in his preferred position. He is a winner already.

Time will tell but Bulldogs are a mile away from finals. WT, Broncs and Cows look closer.

Should of followed GC blueprint. Give them a decent half they'd be top 4

Smug Panther

First Grade
Your apparent ability to read young Matt Burton's mind is what's pathetic. He needs to be playing as a half not anywhere else. He's also set himself up for life by taking the Bulldogs deal, he would have been a fool to reject it

WestyLife

First Grade
Time will tell but Bulldogs are a mile away from finals. WT, Broncs and Cows look closer.

Should of followed GC blueprint. Give them a decent half they'd be top 4

Cows went for experience in Townsend to Mentor the young halves. Doesn't leave the money, Tigers aren't buying a half no matter how long he waits and Broncos maybe but they'll likely also want experience.

franklin2323

Immortal
Cows went for experience in Townsend to Mentor the young halves. Doesn't leave the money, Tigers aren't buying a half no matter how long he waits and Broncos maybe but they'll likely also want experience.

Could add Sharks and Knights as needing a long term half. Maybe even Parra if Moses goes.

It is a great time to be an off contract half now. So I guess we will see if it was a good decision or not

betcats

Referee
Burton would be top of the halves wish list fir every club looking for a half right now if he was available. After what he has shown so far this year I just don’t see any scenario where he wouldn’t be highly in demand right now if he was unsigned for next year, he could get a serious injury and clubs would still chase him.

betcats

Referee

Both those clubs would much rather have signed burton right now than Townsend or Hastings imo.

betcats

Referee
If I was a young half half the dogs would be my last choice, literally 16th. I’d rather go to brissy they have more talent, better facilities and a better chance at turning things around than the dogs who have been shot for years now. Barrett has not improved them they are a couple years away from touching the top 8 if they are lucky.

Edit: I think burton bought in to whatever that billionaire was selling, likely a quick turnaround under Barrett and a big pay rise when the dogs got him out of his 2021 contract blah blah. But there won’t be a quick turnaround, a billionaire sponsor means very little to the football department.

franklin2323

Immortal
If I was a young half half the dogs would be my last choice, literally 16th. I’d rather go to brissy they have more talent, better facilities and a better chance at turning things around than the dogs who have been shot for years now. Barrett has not improved them they are a couple years away from touching the top 8 if they are lucky.

Edit: I think burton bought in to whatever that billionaire was selling, likely a quick turnaround under Barrett and a big pay rise when the dogs got him out of his 2021 contract blah blah. But there won’t be a quick turnaround, a billionaire sponsor means very little to the football department.

The Broncos have a decent pack. Decent hooker a half could thrive there. Same Cows even WT have the core sorted...

Meanwhile the Dogs sign every back available

Girds89

Bench
The Broncos have a decent pack. Decent hooker a half could thrive there. Same Cows even WT have the core sorted...

Meanwhile the Dogs sign every back available

The tigers arent sorted. Laurie is looking fantastic in the 1 but douehie and brooks are average at best. They keep going the way they are and madge will be sacked amd a new coach will be doing a clean out rebuild. They have some serious plodders.

Jane Murray

Bench
Your apparent ability to read young Matt Burton's mind is what's pathetic. He needs to be playing as a half not anywhere else. He's also set himself up for life by taking the Bulldogs deal, he would have been a fool to reject it
This is an opinion based forum, in case that concept is lost on you. If he had waited, then a bigger offer could have come along, with a more successful club. He is only 21 years of age for crying out loud.

Jane Murray

Bench
Did you ignore the part where I said half their roster is off contract? Yes you are entitled to your opinion. If you don't want to discuss opinions why are you here?
I do not appreciate the aggression, not from you either. Name calling from Smug, aka Umina, is pathetic and it is juvenile.

franklin2323

Immortal
The tigers arent sorted. Laurie is looking fantastic in the 1 but douehie and brooks are average at best. They keep going the way they are and madge will be sacked amd a new coach will be doing a clean out rebuild. They have some serious plodders.

Their NSW Cup are 2nd. Flegg 2nd

They have some great talent moving forward. Throw in the cap space they will have after this year they will make the 8 before the Dogs

WestyLife

First Grade
I do not appreciate the aggression, not from you either. Name calling from Smug, aka Umina, is pathetic and it is juvenile.

I haven't been aggressive but cool.

Both those clubs would much rather have signed burton right now than Townsend or Hastings imo.

Barrett would've been a big factor as well. Sounds like they are pretty close. Madge will be sacked because he sucks as a coach. They play like a pre 2016 team running basic block plays.

Jane Murray

Bench
I haven't been aggressive but cool.

Barrett would've been a big factor as well. Sounds like they are pretty close. Madge will be sacked because he sucks as a coach. They play like a pre 2016 team running basic block plays.
Did I accuse you? No I didn't.

Latest posts