What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Exsilium

First Grade
This is an opinion based forum, in case that concept is lost on you. If he had waited, then a bigger offer could have come along, with a more successful club. He is only 21 years of age for crying out loud.

He could have also suffered a season ending injury, fell out of form or just didn’t kick on like a significant number of prospects. There is as much chance of failure as there is success for a young half in the NRL. You take what you can.

He took a deal based on what was best for his career. If he thought that his best place was here, I’m sure he’d have stayed but he didn’t.

We all need to move on from Burton leaving. He’s not the first and won’t be the last.

Jane Murray

Bench
He could have also suffered a season ending injury, fell out of form or just didn’t kick on like a significant number of prospects. There is as much chance of failure as there is success for a young half in the NRL. You take what you can.

He took a deal based on what was best for his career. If he thought that his best place was here, I’m sure he’d have stayed but he didn’t.

We all need to move on from Burton leaving. He’s not the first and won’t be the last.
I've moved on, and given the results from yesterday, I am sure we have a ready made replacement. We are in a good place atm.

betcats

Referee
I haven't been aggressive but cool.

Barrett would've been a big factor as well. Sounds like they are pretty close. Madge will be sacked because he sucks as a coach. They play like a pre 2016 team running basic block plays.

The tigers would be pretty far down my list also tbh but Id still pick them ahead of the dogs. Both clubs management is a serious concern though. And yeah Barrett also is a big factor.

I know he could get injured etc if he waited to sign but I think with hindsight he clearly would’ve been better off waiting. I understand why he signed at the time but again with hindsight it doesn’t look like the best move he could make.

If he signed a one year extension with us he would’ve likely been in the centres from the start and he would have a lot of clubs lining up to talk this November given what he has shown so far this year, he’d be the top recruiting target for a number of clubs I believe.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Could add Sharks and Knights as needing a long term half. Maybe even Parra if Moses goes.

It is a great time to be an off contract half now. So I guess we will see if it was a good decision or not

Arthurs son id saynis the future.

Reynolds to Brisbane

Burton would of had big clubs move guys to secure him right now imo. Wouldn't surprise if Rooster come in for him. I actualy feel that is where he will end up. He has 2yrs at dogs with a 3rd year in his favour.A lot depends on how the Dogs perform next season. Side should improve but bringing in a whole new sides can be a time bomb. Especially if guys lose desire.

When you bring guys through the club and sign the right ones you can pick the right mentality and hunger to win. Guys like JAC have done it all. It would be easy for him to dissolve now into an average NRL player.

MugaB

Coach
Arthurs son id saynis the future.
Who the fück are you talking about?
Why are you talking about him here?
And how many NRL games has he played for you to come up with that assessment? Let me guess he played zero games, but is the future of?
Penrith?
No?
WHY THE FÜCK ARE YOU HERE!
No one wants to hear about pawwa here

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Who the fück are you talking about?
Why are you talking about him here?
And how many NRL games has he played for you to come up with that assessment? Let me guess he played zero games, but is the future of?
Penrith?
No?
WHY THE FÜCK ARE YOU HERE!
No one wants to hear about pawwa here

Listen merkin. Why are you guys so obsessed with Trent Barretts failure. Buldogs this and Buldogs that. I've read 1000s of posts about the Buldogs on here.
Now I am having my cup of tea with heightened blood pressure

MugaB

Coach
Listen merkin. Why are you guys so obsessed with Trent Barretts failure. Buldogs this and Buldogs that. I've read 1000s of posts about the Buldogs on here.
Maybe coz, barrett was our attack coach last year, WTF has Bea Arthurs son got to do with the panthers....
Zilch moron
videotogif_2021.04.19_12.00.43.gif

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade

It's possible you missed it since some fans only see the news relating to their team but the Panthers and Dogs have an ongoing thing at the moment since our attack coach became their head coach and some of our players including Burton who is in our top 17 are playing for them either currently or next year. The media spent the first 6 rounds calling us all sorts of names and making our club out to be abusers of Burton. We are very much connected this season.

betcats

Referee

You are going to keep copping it tbh, you are a parra fan constantly bringing up Parra players in a Penrith Panthers forum, I dont know why you keep doing it but it seems like trolling now.

Edit: If I was in the parra forum talking up our forward pack and talking about our young guns being the future and talking how our forwards will smack yours in a game that is 7 weeks away i'd cop it pretty bad from the parra fans and rightly so, Dont do it here its just annoying now.

hindy111

Post Whore
You are going to keep copping it tbh, you are a parra fan constantly bringing up Parra players in a Penrith Panthers forum, I dont know why you keep doing it but it seems like trolling now.

Edit: If I was in the parra forum talking up our forward pack and talking about our young guns being the future and talking how our forwards will smack yours in a game that is 7 weeks away i'd cop it pretty bad from the parra fans and rightly so, Dont do it here its just annoying now.

:pensive:

hindy111

Post Whore
The Bulldogs are another rebuild away. Punt Barrett realise their mistake then fix the pack

The Tigers have been talking about rebuilding for 15yrs. There is no guarantee the Dogs will ever be great again. They may end up like the Tigers for the next decade.

Latest posts