What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
If Naden isn't willing to work hard for his spot in training or NSW Cup he doesn't deserve it. That's not the attitude our team needs. He f**ked up massively and the least he could do is bust his ass to make it right.
Rob had a big offseason, went back early with 20s voluntarily, he likely has improved being in our system.

I don’t think it’s the case but there is no excuse for anyone not putting in 100 percent just because they are down the pecking order, if he’s not putting in 100 he’s never going to get picked.
If you start listening to players interviewed and I mean really interviewed not post game questions you start to hear the same old answers.

Stuff like I just needed someone to believe in me. X assistant coach believing in me really took my game to another level. SJ with John Morris said. Players say this about Wayne Bennet all the time. Ben Barba said this about Flano Snr or something like it.

It's hard to believe in yourself and play with belief when the coach is off you. Especially for a guy like Naden who's the type of who guy needs a cuddle and some kind words more than a cold shoulder. That was just my theory but if it's true it's better for all parties if he leaves as soon if we find someone we can trade him for. To consistently succeed you have to go out on the footy field with playing with the attitude I'm willing to die for my brothers, for all the coaches that have put their faith in me. Things like money or being professional athletes and earning their pay checks or whatever fans complain about don't compare to that connection, that bond between each other.

As soon as the connection with each other is broken it's best to move on.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
If you start listening to players interviewed and I mean really interviewed not post game questions you start to hear the same old answers.

Stuff like I just needed someone to believe in me. X assistant coach believing in me really took my game to another level. SJ with John Morris said. Players say this about Wayne Bennet all the time. Ben Barba said this about Flano Snr or something like it.

It's hard to believe in yourself and play with belief when the coach is off you. Especially for a guy like Naden who's the type of who guy needs a cuddle and some kind words more than a cold shoulder. That was just my theory but if it's true it's better for all parties if he leaves as soon if we find someone we can trade him for. To consistently succeed you have to go out on the footy field with playing with the attitude I'm willing to die for my brothers, for all the coaches that have put their faith in me. Things like money or being professional athletes and earning their pay checks or whatever fans complain about don't compare to that connection, that bond between each other.

I'd be waiting till after origin, before letting naden go... purely coz of the amount of panthers that are getting picked for origin.. naden could be the difference between losing a game and winning without our key outs

betcats

Referee

If he is lacking self belief that is still not an excuse for not putting in. Not picking him first grade doesnt mean he is getting the cold shoulder, he did coke the night before the GF he should've been expecting that he would need to earn his way back, he should be thankful we stuck by him at all which is a huge show of faith. He is an adult, if he is not putting in its on him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Would you trade Burton for Critchton if could right now?

Some of the things Burton's doing at centre wont happen at 5/8.

hindy111

Post Whore
I would have played him at the start of 2020 and Luai wouldn't have ever got a look in but that's not what happened. Both are fantastic players

I've not seen enough from him in halves. But when Nathan's been out and Burton's run show the side looks worse to me. I do not see a top 4 side without Nathan.
Luai I feel is the perfect partner to either and the question was Burton or Nathan.
Burton's been electric at centre but many of his tries any centre with some speed scores. Halves is just a different position. The running game in the middle and facing tougher defenders and being gang tackled. So it then comes down to decision making and execution.

Nathan's talent may not be as high as others. I reckon Burton looks more talented and so is Luai. But Nathan execution and game management along with decision making is far superior to anyone in the game currently. It is rare he doesn't make the right move.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I've not seen enough from him in halves. But when Nathan's been out and Burton's run show the side looks worse to me. I do not see a top 4 side without Nathan.
Luai I feel is the perfect partner to either and the question was Burton or Nathan.
Burton's been electric at centre but many of his tries any centre with some speed scores. Halves is just a different position. The running game in the middle and facing tougher defenders and being gang tackled. So it then comes down to decision making and execution.

Nathan's talent may not be as high as others. I reckon Burton looks more talented and so is Luai. But Nathan execution and game management along with decision making is far superior to anyone in the game currently. It is rare he doesn't make the right move.
What is perfectly clear is that all 3 shit on Brown and Mitch "Peaheart" Moses

murraymob

Coach
Latest rumour on capewell is that he will stay sign a 1 year deal then look at the new club for a big pay day

Blade23

Juniors
Masked Panther reporting Capewell likely to stay for another year.

https://westernweekender.com.au/2021/05/masked-panther-capewell-set-to-stay-at-penrith/

Not a done deal yet but it is looking good he will stay.
He loves the club and if he did go he wanted to go to a suiter that is professionally run like ours. He has been very impressed with our setup. Crediting it as getting the best out of him. Given some of the rabble bidding for his services it could be viewed as a finance win but a backward step career-wise.

Munky

Coach
I like Capewell but don't know if he is a marquee signing for a new club.

A game manager halfback and elite prop would be my first choices, how long is JFH contracted for?