What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Alintheeast

Juniors
Although I'd love for the Panthers to extend him, given Martin and Tago are already locked up for next season, Capewell's money helps them extend JFH and Api.

An article the other day said Capewell is currently on $380K with Penrith, and the Cowboys offer is $400k. Plus there was an article last month that said that Brisbane had offered him $450K.

With the shortage of quality 2nd rowers on the market for next year, if he has 2 more decent origin games this season, I think a desperate club will offer up to $500K to get him. And that would be too much for the Panthers to get close to.

Alintheeast

Juniors
I think the numbers we bandy about when we discuss players salaries need to be put in context. This year Salary Cap is 9.9mil, 22 is 10mil. If we increase Capewell to $500kpa from 380 the increase represents about 1.2% of the Cap. Just a thought.

franklin2323

Immortal
Although I'd love for the Panthers to extend him, given Martin and Tago are already locked up for next season, Capewell's money helps them extend JFH and Api.

An article the other day said Capewell is currently on $380K with Penrith, and the Cowboys offer is $400k. Plus there was an article last month that said that Brisbane had offered him $450K.

With the shortage of quality 2nd rowers on the market for next year, if he has 2 more decent origin games this season, I think a desperate club will offer up to $500K to get him. And that would be too much for the Panthers to get close to.
Broncos have been low balling every potential recruit. The offer will go up and unless he goes to the new team won't be here next year.

Kilkenny

Coach
Broncos have been low balling every potential recruit. The offer will go up and unless he goes to the new team won't be here next year.
Broncos are supposedly strapped for cap space, despite which have already recruited a few new players for next season. I just can’t see how they can fit in Luke Capewell, I really can’t.

Kilkenny

Coach
In my defence I’m a bit fatigued from staying up late watching Euro 2020.

Still a bit raw and hungover from Scotlands loss this morning to the Czechs.

I am Scottish born and still have football in my blood so this mornings loss cut deep. Really thought we could have got a result but wasn’t to be.

WestyLife

First Grade

I am Scottish born and still have football in my blood so this mornings loss cut deep. Really thought we could have got a result but wasn’t to be.

My father was born in Scotland and played soccer + League.

martielang

Bench
Played for us didn’t he? Looked a decent player when he first got a run at South’s.

He’d be cheaper than Kurt. Get him in.

BossleyPanther

Juniors

If they didn't go for Glory in each chance they got, they would have won

Kilkenny

Coach
Gus made the exact same mistake on commentary last Friday night. Must have called him Luke at least 5 or 6 times before being corrected. Rather impressive considering he wasn't even on the field.

Begs the question: are you Gus on disguise?
No I can categorically state I am not Gus.

They had a dew decent chances, but so did the Czechs no complaint with the result.

Cant even blame the ref or video review.
Cracking game though. Scotland looked good, just don’t have anyone with that extra bit of class in front of goal.

The second Czech goal was a thing of beauty; knew exactly what he wanted to do, and executed it perfectly.

Latest posts