What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
We were talking at work today about this. If Queensland kicks the NRL out where could they continue the competition?

Northern territory got a mention but not sure they have the ground/s to play the number of games that still need to be played.

Could the last games be played in rural NSW? Mudgee, Dubbo and Wagga would all be keen for the publicity but I'm not sure the logististics of accommodation etc could be catered for.

SA, WA and Victoria wont let any disease riddled NSW people anywhere near them.

In the end we said that if the season is called off then the top 2 teams should just play the Grand Final and be done with it.
The self entitlement, selfishness and arrogance of the NRL players that have been caught out is mind boggling. How many other breaches have occurred that have not been exposed we will never know. The season is hanging by a thread and I am not at all confident we can get through another round, never mind half a dozen and a finals series.

BxTom

Bench

franklin2323

Immortal
Api been fined $35K and 2 weeks suspension.

In my opinion a slap on the wrist. In saying that and knowing how important he is to the team, I'll take it with open arms.

I still think he's a good footy player, but a shit human being, lousy husband and father.

He isn't alone in that matter. I can think of atleast 5 that have done something morally grey in the last couple of years. None have been sacked

Abacus

Juniors

Looks like Amy thinks Api is a good father. I reckon she would know better than the Helen Lovejoy's in this thread. Interesting that she slams the "false reporting" regarding the incident.

She comes across as a quality person in the way she has handled this. Hopefully Api does what he needs to in the future and treats her in the manner she deserves.
And yet Api admits he's hurt his daughters and states he wants "to become a better partner, father and protector, and hopefully rebuild trust, and earn back your love and our family." Clear as mud really.

hindy111

Post Whore
Api been fined $35K and 2 weeks suspension.

In my opinion a slap on the wrist. In saying that and knowing how important he is to the team, I'll take it with open arms.

I still think he's a good footy player, but a shit human being, lousy husband and father.

I just think that's rough without knowing his situation with his wife or how she is. It is possible their marriage was on the rocks or she has cheated in past. Of course I am not suggesting this happened. But I don't think anyone should judge him on his personal life.
He did however put the NRL competition at risk of being shit down. This shit happens a few more times and someone higher up may make the call to STOP the competition.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not going to buy into his morals or his status as dad but he has lost me.

Isn't that buying into it?

I'd go as far as say atleast 20% have done the dodgy on their partners. High Divorce rate in players too..

So not really sure you can take a stand unless you boycott the game as a whole

Kilkenny

Coach
Api Koroisau’s comments, apologies and media spin around his actions is just spin and damage control.

They really don’t mean a great deal in the scheme of things, it is just the usual stuff that gets trotted out after the event.

For many the continuation of the NRL season is one of the few things keeping our sanity during this indefinite lockdown and the fact the actions of certain players including our own player in Api is putting it in jeopardy is extremely disappointing.

Kilkenny

Coach
Isn't that buying into it?

I'd go as far as say atleast 20% have done the dodgy on their partners. High Divorce rate in players too..

So not really sure you can take a stand unless you boycott the game as a whole
I was more making the point aside the moral issues his bio security breach of the bubble, putting the entire game continuing at risk is inexcusable and on that basis alone he has lost me.

Fangs

Coach
Matter is settled now. Both he and his partner have made statements. Punishment handed down by NRL. Whole thing has been dealt with very quickly which is best for everyone involved.

Girds89

Bench
Honestly, api, arrow and the st george crew have been caught....

How many have gone without being caught since the bubble started last year.

Not excusing api or any of them. But people on this forum are acting like hes done a Matt lodge and committed a serious crime.

The only thing he is guilty of is absolute stupidity and adultery.

Dumb yes.
Deserve a two match suspension yes.

But thats about it. Thered be players every week breaching the bubble. These are nrl players... api got caught. He needs to live with his mistakes.

Lets move on. He and his family obviously need support right now.

Api hasnt had an easy run in life. He had a rough run last time he was a penrith.

Hopefully the boys get around him and give him the support he and his family need.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Honestly, api, arrow and the st george crew have been caught....

How many have gone without being caught since the bubble started last year.

Not excusing api or any of them. But people on this forum are acting like hes done a Matt lodge and committed a serious crime.

The only thing he is guilty of is absolute stupidity and adultery.

Dumb yes.
Deserve a two match suspension yes.

But thats about it. Thered be players every week breaching the bubble. These are nrl players... api got caught. He needs to live with his mistakes.

Lets move on. He and his family obviously need support right now.

Api hasnt had an easy run in life. He had a rough run last time he was a penrith.

Hopefully the boys get around him and give him the support he and his family need.
During his first stint, didn't Api come home from mad Monday, and find his girlfriends body, after she suicided?

Yeah I have hit a nerve, Haven't I. How anyone in their right mind can think such behaviour doesn't impact on their 'fathering' skills, or even the devestation caused leaves me almost speechless.

Many times as an EC teacher I've cuddled into a pre-schooler while they tell about their family troubles, it was heartbreaking.

Especially when you know that so much development, social, emotioncal, cognition is hooked into these early years.

Api has come out and spouted some words about being sorry. Is he sorry that he was caught, or sorry for the actual happenings. Since he didn't confess to the 'little woman' before hand. I would say possibly the later.

It's now in Api's hands on what happens next.

At the moment he's lost me. I'd be quite happy not to see him in a Penrith jersey again.

But then I see footy as a game. Not my life.
I’m with you Alice.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I’m with you Alice
Thanks.

I like how some are spouting that it's all over now. That is far from true. Api has created a huge mess (all of his own making). Those who think family breakups and trauma have little impact on young, don't understand child development.

Api has created another mess for team culture and the up comming games. Can Api be trusted to keep the bubble secure or will he offend again.

Their is a huge trust issues with his family, his kids, his wife.

Also their is another huge trust issue in the team environment, can he be trusted to do the 'right'.

This sadly has the ability to impact badly on Penrith's season. Like someone said earlier I hope and pray that Mitch Kenny plays out of his skin for the next little while, and Api has to cool his heals longer than he thought.

Kev07

Juniors
If the Queensland shuts down the NRL it is over.

This outbreak in NSW is not going to be brought under control it is with us now indefinitely so there is zero chance of any footy being played in this state for months.
They missed the chance of relocating to New Zealand as they've now closed their borders to Australia for 8 weeks now.