What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

franklin2323

Immortal
I’m not worried about the players I’m worried about their families. If you don’t think unhappy partners can disrupt a player or playing group than we just disagree completely, we’ve seen it happen before imo.

Im not saying rip up his contract, just don’t give him another one.

You don't think NRL players would do this stuff often? It just doesn't get out. We know of 4 or 5 in the last couple of years and looking at the texts. It isn't his 1st time. So they'd be used to it and having the support is a good thing

As for the deal. I have him as the best hooker in the comp and barring a huge improvement from Kenny that won't change

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't know why people are worried sbout this effecting our season. When cleary broke the bubble the guilt he felt at letting his team down forced him to work harder for his team and to make it up to them. I expect Api would feel the same.

Some boys might not like what he has done. But these guys are a tight bunch and they're not going to turn on him for doing something morally wrong. There's a good chance these blokes knew he was stepping out on the missus already. The facg it's fresh news to us doesn't mean it is to everyone.

I think what he did is low and I don't think he deserves a second chance from his wife. But it doesn't mean he is not a good father,or that he is irredeemable as a football player. It just means he is a shit husband. Like millions of other men.

Not just Api. The break for Cleary, JFH missing games.. should lead to a focused switched on team.

As for the last paragraph. Spot on I wouldn't want a female I knew being with him but that goes for all spoilt/selfish sportspeople... Doesn't mean they are terrible fathers

franklin2323

Immortal
You’re not in a bubble with your colleagues and their families 24/7. Players probably won’t care to much. Their partners will though for sure.

2019 the team was very disrupted not just by the sextapes but also by a number of players wives or partners, it was at a point some wives didn’t want their partners to travel with the side on road trips cause they lost all trust there was a ton of tension reportedly with players as well their partners and we performed piss poor as a result.

2019 Was always going to be like that. Had to clear some dead weight.

Look at who we got rid of.. Their new clubs haven't exactly been smooth sailing. So it isn't like it is a Penrith thing. The wives and Girlfriends are naive to think otherwise.

If it was Dallin's wife. Lets see Dogs had 2 guys sleep with students on a school visit. Now he is playing with scum like AFB and Lodge.

Fuimaono now is playing with JDB.

The list goes on. You need to be very understanding in such an environment. So I think they all would understand that

DinkyDi

Juniors
I don't know why people are worried sbout this effecting our season. When cleary broke the bubble the guilt he felt at letting his team down forced him to work harder for his team and to make it up to them. I expect Api would feel the same.

Some boys might not like what he has done. But these guys are a tight bunch and they're not going to turn on him for doing something morally wrong. There's a good chance these blokes knew he was stepping out on the missus already. The facg it's fresh news to us doesn't mean it is to everyone.

I think what he did is low and I don't think he deserves a second chance from his wife. But it doesn't mean he is not a good father,or that he is irredeemable as a football player. It just means he is a shit husband. Like millions of other men.
As a female, what angers me is the woman is being made to look like a saint. No doubt she would have been paid for her story, and she remained anonymous, that is wrong.

Black Diamond

Juniors
As a female, what angers me is the woman is being made to look like a saint. No doubt she would have been paid for her story, and she remained anonymous, that is wrong.
Yes, name and shame whore, she is just as responsible as him and possibly even a worse person for going to the media. Reeks of a massive set up.

mxlegend99

Referee
Oh she clearly knew he was married and exploited the fact when he ended things. Honestly Api might be lucky she didn't decide to throw serious allegations at him. How football players can take these risks with woman they don't know after the incidents with Hayne and JDB is mind boggling.

They don't need to actually do anything illegal to be accused of it and to then be stood down until they can clear their name... If they can clear their name. Not to make an assumption on the guilt or innocence of those boys. But it's a situation where surely players have thought about. Alot of the woman throwing themselves at players could have motives beyond hooking up and get vindictive if the players do something they disagree with. Luckily with Api her vindictive streak was just telling the wife and him getting caught out which he deserved.

It's not right the girl likely walks away from this getting paid for her story though. Coming in and blowing up marriages while getting to remain anonymous

franklin2323

Immortal
pre social media days. Players would use hookers... If they aren't going to keep it in their pants. Then atleast go back to that as it keeps it less public

DinkyDi

Juniors
Oh she clearly knew he was married and exploited the fact when he ended things. Honestly Api might be lucky she didn't decide to throw serious allegations at him. How football players can take these risks with woman they don't know after the incidents with Hayne and JDB is mind boggling.

They don't need to actually do anything illegal to be accused of it and to then be stood down until they can clear their name... If they can clear their name. Not to make an assumption on the guilt or innocence of those boys. But it's a situation where surely players have thought about. Alot of the woman throwing themselves at players could have motives beyond hooking up and get vindictive if the players do something they disagree with. Luckily with Api her vindictive streak was just telling the wife and him getting caught out which he deserved.

It's not right the girl likely walks away from this getting paid for her story though. Coming in and blowing up marriages while getting to remain anonymous
Yes, name and shame whore, she is just as responsible as him and possibly even a worse person for going to the media. Reeks of a massive set up.
@mixlegend, and Black Diamond, my sentiments exactly. This lady is not a "victim".

Fangs

Coach
Do you really think an apology from Api is somehow going to circumvent an adverse impact on our season going forward.

Seriously mate, I’m not sure what planet you are living on but this whole situation has the potential to derail our entire efforts and season.

His actions have potentially put our whole season in jeopardy. He has apologised so all good. Not sure what planet you are living on but his apology means f**k all.

I don’t care about his focus, I am much more concerned about the focus of the other 29 players in our bubble which have been compromised by his stupidity.

Sounds like optimism to me.
I’m not worried about the players I’m worried about their families. If you don’t think unhappy partners can disrupt a player or playing group than we just disagree completely, we’ve seen it happen before imo.

Im not saying rip up his contract, just don’t give him another one.

As long as we don't offer Cleary and May a contract I'm fine with this too.

WestyLife

First Grade
@mixlegend, and Black Diamond, my sentiments exactly. This lady is not a "victim".

She also didn't force Api to do anything. Not like she held a gun to his head. He took the risk, got found out and now we're here. Not sure what else there is to be said.

betcats

Referee
The issue isn’t just a bloke cheating on his wife, if it was just that then sure it’s not really a big deal as far as footy goes. He broke the team rules, he broke the nrl a COVID rules and then you add to that the fact he has a wife and daughter at home and that just makes it worse. If I was a team member of his who followed the rules I’d be pissed, if I was his nsw coach or selector I’d never consider him again.

betcats

Referee
Sounds like optimism to me.

As long as we don't offer Cleary and May a contract I'm fine with this too.

If it were up to me May would’ve been gone in 2019 or whenever the stand down policy allowed us to dump him, his actions were by far the most disgusting. Nathan was already signed long term, assuming he follows the rules I’m happy for him to be forgiven. Nathan made his mistake once and then lied about it but since then has done everything right. I also think there’s a big difference between the offences as well their age and also Nathan did his early on in COVID we had nowhere near as much of an idea how serious the pandemic was back then. Api did it twice and had it planned a third time before arrow got done. Nathan at least has the excuse of being young and immature, Api can’t even claim that.

DinkyDi

Juniors
She also didn't force Api to do anything. Not like she held a gun to his head. He took the risk, got found out and now we're here. Not sure what else there is to be said.
Exactly. As was previously mention, Api is fortunate, he left himself open to more serious allegations.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Yep equal responsibilty but she comes out with $$$ in her pocket and walks away unidentified, a woman of absolutely no moral ethics. Api has destroyed so many areas of his life including his family and career amongst others. However, he knew the risk he was taking, total fool.
She is being painted as the "innocent" party. The only innocent people in this unfortunate incident, is Amy, and their children.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep equal responsibilty but she comes out with $$$ in her pocket and walks away unidentified, a woman of absolutely no moral ethics. Api has destroyed so many areas of his life including his family and career amongst others. However, he knew the risk he was taking, total fool.

She did fly interstate check into a Hotel to sleep with a married man BUT dumb on Api's part

Black Diamond

Juniors
I'm with Betcats in that I'm more concerned for the season. The moral stuff means nothing to me it's his family he has to make his choices and live with what happens.
Yes that should be our major concern as fans however, one impacts the other. Let's hope the boys can focus on footy and not allow this to derail the season as the T May incident did. The boys did get on with it after Nathans indiscretions so there is hope.

betcats

Referee
She did fly interstate check into a Hotel to sleep with a married man BUT dumb on Api's part

Api paid for her to do all that. The girl is irrelevant she’s not signed to the club, she didn’t get picked for the blues. If she’s the type to sell him out to the media then that’s APIs fault, if he didn’t invite her she wouldn’t have been there, her morals mean nothing to me. Api is the one with obligations to not just his family but the panthers, the blues, the nrl and all the associated fans. She could be the worst person in the world and it would not alter my opinion of Api and these actions one bit. He’s a f**king moron who put his own desires before his family and his team.