What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Whino

Bench
Someone on facebook saying there is a rumour that Cowboys are hunting Kiks...anyone heard anything about that?

David Riccio was trying to link them having a play for Kiks for when he comes off contract in yesterday's tele. A street corner tip becuase he still has family and friends up there and he played in the lower grades for them. Sounds like he just trying connect some dots.

franklin2323

Immortal
David Riccio was trying to link them having a play for Kiks for when he comes off contract in yesterday's tele. A street corner tip becuase he still has family and friends up there and he played in the lower grades for them. Sounds like he just trying connect some dots.

The issue is someone like him. Has partners etc that are locals more likely stay in Sydney

franklin2323

Immortal
Especially in defence. Not something that had occurred to me so much as I'm often watching his work at the play the ball.

The difference in D in the Warriors game when he came on was night and day.

Very under rated side of his game

Nealo 12

Bench
Cleary needs an operation in the off season but one more bad hit in the remaining games and its straight to the surgeon, most on here have had enough of Tyrone May filling in. I'm not sure what Flanagan's problems are, maybe he wont listen to the coach or its his tosser attitude.
I think he would be the best of the bad bunch out of all the halves available in my opinion.
But it appears what money that was spare we has gone to TPJ and I'm happy with that for now.

betcats

Referee
Sorry to jump in (I normally frequent the Sharks forum), but I reckon Koroisau has been a fantastic signing for Penrith, and you need him on board…

Not need to apologise for genuine comments.

Api is a brilliant player no doubt, I think hes the best pound for pound defender in the competition hes been one of my favourites since returning to Penrith but man in a side that is facing a big cap squeeze next year i'd be tempted to move him down the priority list.

Original Name

Juniors
Not need to apologise for genuine comments.

Api is a brilliant player no doubt, I think hes the best pound for pound defender in the competition hes been one of my favourites since returning to Penrith but man in a side that is facing a big cap squeeze next year i'd be tempted to move him down the priority list.
Looking at things from a roster point of view if we have to do this the guy we move on should be replaced by someone we can replace of similar ability. Api's only on around 500K. Can we find a great 80 minute hooker for that money?

Both Kikau and Leota are on more money and they're in a position where it's easier to find good Rugby League players and is less important position.

betcats

Referee
Looking at things from a roster point of view if we have to do this the guy we move on should be replaced by someone we can replace of similar ability. Api's only on around 500K. Can we find a great 80 minute hooker for that money?

Both Kikau and Leota are on more money and they're in a position where it's easier to find good Rugby League players and is less important position.

No way Leota is getting more than 500k sorry mate but I dont buy that at all.

Whatever Api is being paid now it will cost us more to re-sign him so what we can get for Api's current price is irrelevant. I am not talking about ripping up his contract.

WestyLife

First Grade

Whatever Api is being paid now it will cost us more to re-sign him so what we can get for Api's current price is irrelevant. I am not talking about ripping up his contract.

Do a Roosters and use this situation to sign Api cheaper.

betcats

Referee
Do a Roosters and use this situation to sign Api cheaper.

I would low ball him and see what happens but I think he'd be taking the bigger offer if he got one, he is 28 now he will be 30 when his contract ends so maybe we could actually get him cheaper. Either way by 2023 I dont think he will be as important to us, I wouldnt be rushing to sort it out and extend him. If young Ryley Smith sticks with footy i would be happy to use Kenny/Hands after 2022 until Ryley is ready.

Original Name

Juniors

Blade has said Gus basically paid for guys like RCG, Hethro, Wawa, etc on potential. And Moss is one of them. What someone's on according your judgement or mine doesn't nessarily have anything to do with what they're getting paid.

And player's have taken unders before. Who knows it's up to them what they want.

Last edited:

Sime_11

Juniors
we'll be keeping Koroisau for sure - we thought we had a chance with Katoa and Egan a few years back and they never progressed to what we had hopes for. nothing has changed since then showing how hard it is to find a good hooker, Parra pulling a diamond out the rough in Mahoney springs to mind.

Koroisau's defence as Hooker is a contributing factor as to why our defence has come leaps & bounds in recent seasons, for Cameron's Smiths glorified footy smarts in attack, I think Api holds his own Footy smarts in his defence, especially tackling the lower part of the body, he is very clever in defence and is why he is considered one of the best hookers in the game currently.

Kenny is a toiler, but I cant see Mitch being a long term 9 for the club - he's solid but that's just about all he's got going for him.

betcats

Referee
Blade has said Gus basically paid for guys like RCG, Hethro, Wawa, etc on potential. And Moss is one of them. What someone's on according your judgement or mine doesn't nessarily have anything to do with what they're getting paid.

And player's have taken unders before. Who knows it's up to them what they want.

Theres no way

Latest posts