What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
We barely have any money to spare atm. We'd be looking for another Sorenson type not a guy like Matterson who probably would have played Origin a couple of years ago if he didn't get concussed.

The_Frog

First Grade
Please NO. I appreciate he hasn't done anything major but I have always believed you need something between the ears to be a decent footballer and I don't see him having anything in there. Redemption stories are few and far between.
Big head vs little head. Little head wins. Same problem as Wayne Bennett and it hasn't harmed his career.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Maybe Api is on the way out ?

In reality I have no idea.

I think Api's personal life is perhaps all over the shop at the moment, with him being unsure what is best for him and his family.

I'll admit the gloss (for me) has fallen off Apri for his behaviour at origin camp.

Is there anyone coming through who could fill the gap. What do others think ?

soc123_au

Staff member
Those are cheapish players though
Not that I believe it, but I recall reports of Staines being somewhere near 500k. Even at 300k May would be a cheaper and arguably better option. I'd imagine May would be on the minimum or pretty close to it. I'm not sure how long he is signed up for though.

murraymob

First Grade
Critter has to play 1 to be worth the coin he's on realistically
Crighton is the way to go.he has improved out of sight from his first game at fullback given more games he will be a good one.the concern with Edwards injury is it may continually resurface

soc123_au

Staff member
Critter has to play 1 to be worth the coin he's on realistically
I'm a huge Critter fan, but we paid too much. I think he would make a very good 1, but he could be the best centre in the game if he gets left there for any decent amount of time.

Critter
May
Momo
Tago
To'o

Is still a pretty sweet backline if that's how we end up going longer term. Depends on how Turuva goes I guess.

Whino

Bench
Not that I believe it, but I recall reports of Staines being somewhere near 500k. Even at 300k May would be a cheaper and arguably better option. I'd imagine May would be on the minimum or pretty close to it. I'm not sure how long he is signed up for though.

Staines is on about $250k a year.

Penrith granted Staines, who scored four tries on his debut earlier in the year, permission to see what he could attract at rival clubs but he has now committed his future to the team on a deal believed to be worth about $250,000 a season.

Latest posts