What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

soc123_au

Staff member
No as others have said we have some high quality young back and with nsw cup back next year there may be 1 or 2 smokies there as well
Ogden is a front rower.

I've seen a few games he played where I thought he looked promising. I'd say there must be some underlying issues if he couldn't crack the Dogs pissweak pack this year though. Maybe a shit attitude or something? On the minimum if we needed a squad filler he could have some upside.

Sime_11

Juniors
Don’t need either, if they are being moved on by the current wooden spoon team, they aren’t cutting it in the NRL.

the amount of talent we are bringing through now is the way forward for us as a club, we have a plethora of talent coming through - let’s use it.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Don’t need either, if they are being moved on by the current wooden spoon team, they aren’t cutting it in the NRL.

the amount of talent we are bringing through now is the way forward for us as a club, we have a plethora of talent coming through - let’s use it.
100%
If a player isn't a future first grader or a player that can come in and do a job at NRL level then they shouldn't be at a club as good as ours.

Munky

Coach
CC on a contract that helps offset Critter's wage. Use the marginal tax rates for benefit.

Frankus

Juniors
To me, he is definitely feeling the effects of a full season. Burton too. Laurie did also. Paps has been in first grade a few years and had an injury enforced rest for about half the season and Campbell played all of a couple of games.

Limited second tier football for two years has exacerbated the impact on young guys coming into grade.
Critter at fullback is a thought as is Staines. But Dyl is still by far the best fullback at the club. We have been blessed with a plethora of good fullbacks and outside backs for years now. The next one will come through in the next season or two. As mentioned the lack of Flegg and NSW cup has definitely not made that picture any clearer.

Frankus

Juniors
It flat out barely works at all without Brian To'o (and in the past Mansour). When they are/were playing it generally works. The problem is, if we persist with it, we are going to have a Brian To'o who will miss more games due to injury and his (effective) career will be shortened.
The reason we do this is due to our line speed in defence. We smash and bash teams constantly. We can’t have our cake and eat it too. It’s either one or the other. Or a smaller, fitter forward pack that in turn probably gets bashed.