What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Wait, now we are talking about Curtis Scott? I thought we were talking about Adam Elliot?!?

Either way, I think they are both needless signings. They are both shit clubman with playing ability no better than players we already have.
I’d hate to see any of our top 30 leave in order to accommodate either of these pelicans.

Either all. Still need to replace those who left. The top 17 is pretty much sorted so you are only looking for depth guys

Iamback

Coach
I'd take Curtis Scott on a train and trial deal. If he hasn't woken up to himself then just slot him. On minimum wage their is plenty of upside if he decides he wants to knuckle down and save his career.

Really looks like a no brainer to me.

Iamback

Coach
2023 Cleary will still take us to top 4 but yeah we need a real hooker to win comps

He gets the time to do is thing because Api draws attention. Then gives crisp ball to Yeo which then allows Cleary extra time. So much so Skeletor whinged about blockers when we played Souffs.

A poor 9 kills the momentum and kills the space that allows us to wear teams down

chrisD

Coach
Not ideal but with a year to sort things Api is replaceable.

Scott would make sense if Tago is a second rower.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The money we would spend on Elliot and Scott, I'd much rather see used to retain Api, Edwards and Kik's.

Simms is the only dude I see as improving our team, but he's probably too much cash.

We have better players coming through who aren't shit blokes and are arguably as good, if not better players.

Trust the system, we don't need to waste money on other teams problems.

snickers007

Juniors
It looks like Gouldylocks has stuffed the Dogs salary cap already, if we wait there might be some talent available. C. Scott no thanks.

6 Signings since Gould came on board:
Burns, King, Asiata, Cook, Vaughan & Pangai Jnr.

And 4 re-signings:
Schoupp, Biondi-Odo, Okunbur & Katoa

While Asiata and Vaughan are established NRL players, they're stock has dropped dramatically recently. Really only Pangai Jnr is walk-up Top 17 player here.

Can't possibly see how Gould could have overpaid for this bunch.

But if the Dogs are feeling the squeeze, I reckon the first player pushed out will be Flanaghan. He is on big money, and is clearly out of favour - moreso with Burton coming on board.

And having looked at the Dogs squad for 2022, Burton and Luke Thompson are the only ones I'd look twice at. And neither are a realistic option.

Iamback

Coach

And 4 re-signings:

While Asiata and Vaughan are established NRL players, they're stock has dropped dramatically recently. Really only Pangai Jnr is walk-up Top 17 player here.

But if the Dogs are feeling the squeeze, I reckon the first player pushed out will be Flanaghan. He is on big money, and is clearly out of favour - moreso with Burton coming on board.

And having looked at the Dogs squad for 2022, Burton and Luke Thompson are the only ones I'd look twice at. And neither are a realistic option.

Gould didn't sign 10000 backs. The damage was done before him

DinkyDi

Juniors

And 4 re-signings:

I thought Katoa was not offered a new contract?

soc123_au

Staff member
And that reminds me of the time that Tyrell Fuimaono was in the centres at Magic Round against the Tigers. Same thing, game was over after 20minutes.
I was in China for that game and missed it thankfully. I saw the result and never bothered with the replay. The discussion in here filled the blanks adequately. lol

Luke Bowden

First Grade

And 4 re-signings:

I'd take TPJ off their hands, although I realise that's also unrealistic, I was very doubtful when we signed him, but he impressed me.

Sime_11

Juniors
Momo covers Curtis Scott and doesnt have the off field drama that will inevitably happen - and Momo is a Premiership winning Centre with us now :p

trust the system - we'll have more juniors coming through - we just need game time for them in reserves/juniors.

we need Api at the moment, there are no quality hookers realistically available for us to pursue. Api likely wont play for NSW in 2022 so that will assist us greatly during the origin period and we will be better prepared for Origin period next year - it really caused us grief, but we still overcame that and won the comp..... :p

DinkyDi

Juniors
Momo covers Curtis Scott and doesnt have the off field drama that will inevitably happen - and Momo is a Premiership winning Centre with us now :p

trust the system - we'll have more juniors coming through - we just need game time for them in reserves/juniors.

we need Api at the moment, there are no quality hookers realistically available for us to pursue. Api likely wont play for NSW in 2022 so that will assist us greatly during the origin period and we will be better prepared for Origin period next year - it really caused us grief, but we still overcame that and won the comp..... :p
That "grief" helped in the long run.

Whino

Bench
Api is a vital ingredient for us.

if we need some Scott Sorensen type bargain buys I’d be looking at couple guys like Billy Magoulias,Tom Amone,Sam McIntyre,Zac Cini & Watson Heleta.

Don't mind Magoulais. Nice and cheap. McIntyre I think has another year to go at Titans.

Iamback

Coach

I have Tago on the bench giving Kiks and Martin breaks. Momo/Crichton centres.

Who is next in line? Lack of development across the comp for fringe players is going to be noticeable.

4 spots left should all guys with experience incase the kids aren't ready

Latest posts