What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
Obviously filming someone without consent is a far cry worse than cheating.
Do you? Pretty sure she’d be more upset if I filmed her without knowing and shared it with my mates… but apparently you know her better than I do.
The conversation was about Tyrone May , filming another without consent the person not being your wife. It wasnt that difficult to understand, bit difficult for you thou apparently .

The_Frog

First Grade
Tyrone May broke the law. We gave him a second chance. But the issue is he's showing no remorse for his actions and acting like a victim.
I don't see this, I'm sorry. When you indicate that you've been through a dark period in your life, and acknowledge those who helped you through it, that is not the same as acting like a victim. Protracted court proceedings, being stood down from your employment while all the while being in the glare of publicity isn't something I'd want to go through, even if I brought it on myself.

I don't believe he or anyone else who has made a mistake has to go around publicly showing remorse for the rest of their life just to make other people happy. You accept the punishment, and move on.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Sure, and that’s nowhere near as bad as Tyrone May.
I agree. I was in the camp in giving May another chance, especially after his tearful apology. When he tweeted what he did, to me, that shows a lack of understanding. May attempted to make himself out to be a victim, and he is not. He is fortunate that he was not given a custodial punishment.

murraymob

First Grade
I agree. I was in the camp in giving May another chance, especially after his tearful apology. When he tweeted what he did, to me, that shows a lack of understanding. May attempted to make himself out to be a victim, and he is not. He is fortunate that he was not given a custodial punishment.
That is your assumption of what he tweeted .unless you know for certain what he meant it is all guess work

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don't see this, I'm sorry. When you indicate that you've been through a dark period in your life, and acknowledge those who helped you through it, that is not the same as acting like a victim. Protracted court proceedings, being stood down from your employment while all the while being in the glare of publicity isn't something I'd want to go through, even if I brought it on myself.

I don't believe he or anyone else who has made a mistake has to go around publicly showing remorse for the rest of their life just to make other people happy. You accept the punishment, and move on.

So very well said (may I call you Froggie) I agree with what you've said on so many levels.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Everyone should have a 2nd chance at life. I don't care who you are:

I've gone to the trouble of locking my twitter account because of trolling vigilantees.

May should not be hounded for the rest of his life. Neither should he be branded for life either.

“And the dirt they threw on my name”

That‘s playing the victim.

No one said he has to show remorse for the rest of his life, just don’t act like you were the one victimised. To me it shows he hasn’t learnt from the experience at all. There’s a difference between constantly being remorseful and changing your behaviour.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
and this showing no remorse stuff. What a load of guff.

Who knows what's going on inside another person's head. Should May have to continually apologise for breathing. I say no.

Everyone should have a 2nd chance at life. I don't care who you are:

I've gone to the trouble of locking my twitter account because of trolling vigilantees.

May should not be hounded for the rest of his life. Neither should he be branded for life either.

He got his second chance, that’s the point. We don’t owe him more chances.

Are we forgetting he also lied to the NRL in early 2020?

How many chances do we give this fool?

Das Hassler

Bench
Momo still getting disrespected on here. The man was a huge part of our team. May not be joey manu with the ball but f**k me he consistently did the tough carries and did them effectively. Defensively he locked up that edge. Hope the big fella gets a big pay packet, an ovation when he returns to penny park and a statue outside Harry’s Cafe De Wheels.

You're right...Momo was given the highest endorsements from Robinson...Bellamy and Maguire. It's not just about the talent...he plays every game like his next meal depends on it and he's an adult 24/7...he's a positive influence who moves a club's needle in the right direction. Wish him the best....you never know the extra little bit he might have contributed to your success this year.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
“And the dirt they threw on my name”

That‘s playing the victim.

No one said he has to show remorse for the rest of his life, just don’t act like you were the one victimised. To me it shows he hasn’t learnt from the experience at all. There’s a difference between constantly being remorseful and changing your behaviour.

He could be referring to the dirt that's been thrown and continues to be thrown on his 'family name' which is May. I'm not in his mind, so I have no idea.

His family has have and are probably still going through hell, as with himself.

The conversation was about Tyrone May , filming another without consent the person not being your wife. It wasnt that difficult to understand, bit difficult for you thou apparently .

Killkenny, you tried to conflate the Tyrone May situation with the Apisai situation. They’re not the same at all, total overreach by you.

The_Frog

First Grade
He was never going to prison. They don't put cleanskins in prison unless the crime is really REALLY serious, eg Hayne. The beak had to say that to scare the shit out of him so he wouldn't do it again. Magistrates are renowned for laying it on thick like that.

He could be referring to the dirt that's been thrown and continues to be thrown on his 'family name' which is May. I'm not in his mind, so I have no idea.

His family has have and are probably still going through hell, as with himself.

Then he would’ve said that. He was clearly talking about people attacking him, he brought that on himself.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Then he would’ve said that. He was clearly talking about people attacking him, he brought that on himself.

Do you actually know about the attacks on him during his daily life, the abuse, the name calling, the bile. I don't. I'm sure it's been dreadful.

Does May deserve that for the rest of his life, what I've described above. To be continually hounded. Does May ever have the right of reply ?

DinkyDi

Juniors
He was never going to prison. They don't put cleanskins in prison unless the crime is really REALLY serious, eg Hayne. The beak had to say that to scare the shit out of him so he wouldn't do it again. Magistrates are renowned for laying it on thick like that.
Yeah I understand that, however, if that was me, that would scare the living excrement out of me, and I would learn a lesson. That does not appear to be the case with May.

Latest posts