What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
So is Robert Jennings but not a viable FG

have to hit the market for cheapies or move Salmon or someone out there

Taylan has talent. Real talent. He has the potential to be something special.

Yep a couple of cheapies needed for depth. Salmon is only listed as a 5/8 or 7

Iamback

Coach
I agree.

We did manage okay with Burton but he is a special player. I'd rather use Tago off the bench or use him in the back end of 2022 after he plays regular games in reserves.

Burton atleast trained last season as a centre and in junior grades played a bit. Tago was a prop last year.
Footy cancelled then had this pre-season. Got 10 weeks in and was getting time in the backrow followed by no footy again.

If that is your only centre option you will struggle. He should be given a decent chance to play there Round 1 but not get it by default.

IMO he is perfect to give Kiks and Martin rests mid game or to fill in for HIA

hindy111

Post Whore
We dont have an extra $200k. We have to replace him so assuming he is actually on $200k and we replace him with a minimum wage player it's $70k extra.

Every player that leaves must be replaced so you're not freeing up the full salary. Not sure how Momirovski scored $200k from us when we traded Laurie for him.

He's replaceable. But we had a player other teams wanted. We should have stood our ground as we did with Burton and Laurie and held out for something that makes our side better

I think min is 110k now?

hindy111

Post Whore
Taylan has talent. Real talent. He has the potential to be something special.

Yep a couple of cheapies needed for depth. Salmon is only listed as a 5/8 or 7

Salmon would be best at centre. He doesn't have the skill for halves. Parra began training him at centre.

Momo left cause coach most likely thought he struggle to get into best 17. He may still have big plans for Charlie. May also find an older experienced guy

murraymob

First Grade
Mo
Salmon would be best at centre. He doesn't have the skill for halves. Parra began training him at centre.

Momo left cause coach most likely thought he struggle to get into best 17. He may still have big plans for Charlie. May also find an older experienced guy
Mono left because he got a 3 year deal he has never had one before good luck to him

chrisD

Coach
We've lost 3 centres and are sort of just going to hope some one or two grow into the position. Not good really.
Momo left cause coach most likely thought he struggle to get into best 17.

Hah that's some really high level reality denying, even for here.

Iamback

Coach
We've lost 3 centres and are sort of just going to hope some one or two grow into the position. Not good really.

If that is the plan we will drop down the ladder very quickly. We have nailed recruitment and retention the last couple of seasons lets hope it continues

Iamback

Coach

Salmon I heard was getting prepared to be a 14. Centre could work regardless we need a few options

Iamback

Coach
If that's the case is the writing on the wall for May? If we slot him I'd piss myself if the Tigers picked him up.

No chance May goes if he was to go that would be awesome lols. Just getting cover if May is needed somewhere else if injuries hit

kinghippo

Juniors
If that's the case is the writing on the wall for May? If we slot him I'd piss myself if the Tigers picked him up.
I really hope May is looking overseas.
It would be the right thing for him to do, put some distance between all the trouble he has caused.
It would probably bring him a bit of a reality check as well.

soc123_au

Staff member
I really hope May is looking overseas.
It would be the right thing for him to do, put some distance between all the trouble he has caused.
It would probably bring him a bit of a reality check as well.
I think that would be the best result for his future. But going to the Tigers would be funny as f**k. The TSP backflip would make DCE stand and applaud. lol

hindy111

Post Whore

I assume backline will be

Edwards
Staines
Crichton
Tago/May
Too

Latest posts