What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Edwards likely to stay. Kikau and Api hopeful.
I think once the club knows ties them up a few minor signings will come.
Last year we signed Rennings and Eisenhuth in late October. Salmon in late December. Sorenson January and Mom in Feb.

We have had some success waiting until late to sign players

DinkyDi

Juniors
We were able to rest Leota, Lenui and JFH a few times at the end of the season because of his arrival
Good point.

He broke the Storm. They had no answer to his bullying and aggression. JFH needs to step up like this from time to time
JFH has been consistent. I liked it when TPJ had time off, rightfully so, after his daughters still born. I actually admired him for coming back, and playing the role he did.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Jarrod Mullen? What’s everyone’s thoughts? He’s looking for a club, I’m guessing he’s looking for a Benji 2021 role.

Personally I’m a No, I don’t think we need him, but I’m sure he’ll get a train and trial somewhere.

DinkyDi

Juniors
I personally agree, he was huge against Parra and Melbourne.

but, I also think that if we lost any of the starting 17 we would have struggled to make the GF.

They all play an important role.
There was a lot of factors. Me, personally, I think the origin experienced help. Yeo, Capewell, got the taste last year. This year, it was Liau, To'o, Martin, and Api. That helped.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
There was a lot of factors. Me, personally, I think the origin experienced help. Yeo, Capewell, got the taste last year. This year, it was Liau, To'o, Martin, and Api. That helped.
Of course it helped, but you take one of those players out of the final series and I don’t think we make the GF.
That’s my point.

murraymob

Coach
Jarrod Mullen
There would be a very pissed off line marker at the ground who spends a lot of time marking the lines not to have Mullen sniff them up .a big no

DinkyDi

Juniors
Of course it helped, but you take one of those players out of the final series and I don’t think we make the GF.
That’s my point.
No I knew your point, who knows. I am so looking forward to next year. No doubt better planning would be needed for origin cover. I have no doubt that would be worked on during the off season.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Just a thought maybe after 18th team is added clubs will because of the diluted pool of quality players and the need to retain their core group adopt a 75/25 ratio(75% of salary cap is paid to 25% of players) maybe reducing to 80/20 in time. The balance of the playing list will be journeymen types and talented kids making minimum wage. Which is a reason to retain a pathway and expect to lose some good(but not great) ones. Hate to imagine how much it will cost to retain Nathan if 18th starts in 2025.}

Fangs

Coach
I'll be extremely impressed if Jarrod Mullen lands an NRL contract.

34 years of age and he hasn't played NRL in 5 years. Look at guys like Karmichael Hunt who is also 34. Granted it was different codes but he has played consistent sport. The result this year wasn't too pretty.

Original Name

Juniors
He broke the Storm. They had no answer to his bullying and aggression. JFH needs to step up like this from time to time
JFH does so much unselfish work like always getting back to run onto the ball to be a decoy (lead decoy runs in the comp this year). He needs minutes to be more aggressive so he can pace himself less. Alternatively (and I like this one better) give Leota less minutes and get him running more off the back fence like he was when he played off the bench. He paces himself more now than he used to.
I'll be extremely impressed if Jarrod Mullen lands an NRL contract.

34 years of age and he hasn't played NRL in 5 years. Look at guys like Karmichael Hunt who is also 34. Granted it was different codes but he has played consistent sport. The result this year wasn't too pretty.
He doesn't have to be Cleary. All he needs to be is better than most reggies halves. Something he's probably still capable of doing comfortably.

Latest posts