What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
I think Kikau will go and we will keep Api and Edwards. Backrowers ain't as important as a hooker or FB. I think we need to start blooding a fullback sooner rather than later tho
Staines is our future fullback, it begun last year... not paying 400k for a part time winger

chrisD

Coach
Really? You don't rate him? He has blinding speed, a few more years, he'll be Penriths addo carr mixed with wesser
He's a sound enough prospect but we are paying him now and he may not even be up to first grade standard and may not pan out.

Black Diamond

Juniors
He's a sound enough prospect but we are paying him now and he may not even be up to first grade standard and may not pan out.
If you ever watched him in reserves he was a stand out and it was obvous he was destined for FG, I personally couldn't wait to see him get a break into FG

He just needs time to build his body develop his confidence, I think he will be a champion with time in Panthers FG system.

chrisD

Coach
Staines only just turned 21, with 20 odd games under his belt. Some people expect too much.
Lol the amount of excuses for this kid. If it were as easy as seeing him off to keep the three we’d be laughing. It’s not that easy though because the rest of the league have a realistic view on him and so there’s no demand.

mxlegend99

Referee
Lol the amount of excuses for this kid. If it were as easy as seeing him off to keep the three we’d be laughing. It’s not that easy though because the rest of the league have a realistic view on him and so there’s no demand.
Here's realistic.

~$200k contract... By offloading him that money doesn't spread very far in keeping others after you replace him with a minimum wage player and lose half of what is left.

His ability has nothing to do with why he cant be released to keep 3 other players. His contract being worth bugger all does.

If it were that simple Momirovski being released would do the trick. But after replacing him the money saved would be lucky to keep one player happy. Throw an extra $100k at Kikau he probably still leaves for the ridiculous overs at other clubs.

Let Kikau go and you have a lot of money for upgrades and a replacement.

The yak

Juniors
Here's realistic.

~$200k contract... By offloading him that money doesn't spread very far in keeping others after you replace him with a minimum wage player and lose half of what is left.

His ability has nothing to do with why he cant be released to keep 3 other players. His contract being worth bugger all does.

If it were that simple Momirovski being released would do the trick. But after replacing him the money saved would be lucky to keep one player happy. Throw an extra $100k at Kikau he probably still leaves for the ridiculous overs at other clubs.

Let Kikau go and you have a lot of money for upgrades and a replacement.

Let Kikau go and keep who you want and get some replacements.
Keep Kikau and lose a few you want to keep.
Easy decision really.

chrisD

Coach
I like how you say it as if you have the first f**king clue lol. But alas it doesn't matter, because no-one has come calling for Staines.

DinkyDi

Juniors
If you ever watched him in reserves he was a stand out and it was obvous he was destined for FG, I personally couldn't wait to see him get a break into FG

He just needs time to build his body develop his confidence, I think he will be a champion with time in Panthers FG system.
Who?