What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
The salary cap is supposed to prevent any kind of “Storm Era” dynasties even with a strong Rugby League nursery like we have, which is precisely why it was established in the first place; I.e. to keep the competition fair.

Clubs like Melbourne seem to be immune to this though, but given their history of being caught red-handed rorting the cap, why do you think this is?
The salary cap was meant to keep the clubs from overspending, (case in point with bulldogs at the moment) not to even the clubs/comp... if it was the case 3rd parties wouldn't exist... bulldogs seem to be buying a premiership

Port Panther

Juniors
Feeling like a re-build on the way already with bullgrubs raping us and new team Dolphins here in 23. player movement will be hard to stop and other clubs will let us do all the development
for them cause they can't be funked. I think even I will find it hard to be interested if the Panthers go back into hibernation for a decade or two after recent success. They do have form that way .

Original Name

Juniors
Guys there's the preseason, the actual season, the offseason, 2223 Pre season, and we can make a buy throughout the actual 2223 season.

Crunch time in 2223 is a long ass way away. Relax there's plenty of time to make a buy to cover it. Or put another way there's plenty of time for a dumb club to let a good player go and pay freight.

Last edited:

Copperhead

Juniors
Guys there's the preseason, the actual season, the offseason, 2223 Pre season, and we can make a buy throughout the actual 2223 season.

Crunch time in 2223 is a long ass way away. Relax there's plenty of time to make a buy to cover it. Or put another way there's plenty of time for a dumb club to let a good player go and pay freight.
Shit, we're not going to have wait that long are we?

Original Name

Juniors
Shit, we're not going to have wait that long are we?
Probably not I'm just saying there's no reason to go on so much about it. It's not that much of a big deal having Kikau and Capewell both leave as it sounds because it's a year apart not at the same time. We're one of the teams that plays with 3 backrowers so we could even reduce that to two 80 minute backrowers in Martin and somebody else and use two bench spots to spell Api/Yeo in 2023 instead if we wanted to.

Last edited:

DinkyDi

Juniors

We will no longer be alive in 2223. Sorry I could not resist.

betcats

Referee
Titans and Broncos chased him? That has me worried. They're both awful at identifying talent and how much it's worth. 🤣

Broncos still identify good talent they just can’t keep it tbf. D Fifita, Sam walker, Reece walsh, big tino were all on their books not to long ago.

mxlegend99

Referee
Moses leota just posted on his insta story that Christian Chricton is coming back to us. Might be a good signing if true
So we're bringing juniors home tgat failed elsewhere now?

I don't see the point. Chris Smith I can live with. But Christian Chrichton was just terrible. Not worth a top 30 spot.

Latest posts