What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

snickers007

Juniors
I'm quite sure that of all the clubs, he wouldn't have done this on purpose to the Panthers. Why would one in an opposing club, especially Gus, in their right mind be trying to be as petty as putting on a stunt such as this?

Yeah I don't buy the conspiracy theory at all.

If the Bulldogs wanted Kikau for 2022, Kikau's manager would just come out and ask for it. There is no need for this cloak and dagger stuff.

Iamback

Coach
That may be true as to why the photo was taken. But I can't get on board the idea that Gus is somehow responsible for leaking the image.

I don't think Gus said to Mr X. Release this image BUT we all saw the stills of him having Dinner with Mahoney.

He had to of known between now and next Nov when he actually start that something would get out. He has been in the game for to long not to know

Black Magik

Juniors
Well I have lost track of who they will have in 2023.

Anybody care to put their side together. It seems like a complete clean-out and new squad.

Iamback

Coach
Well I have lost track of who they will have in 2023.

Anybody care to put their side together. It seems like a complete clean-out and new squad.

Pretty much that.
They have 10 off contract this year. Only maybe Vaughan they keep.
17 off contract end of 2023. Already rumours of Cotric and Jackson being moved on early. No doubt plenty more to follow

Black Magik

Juniors
Pretty much that.
They have 10 off contract this year. Only maybe Vaughan they keep.
17 off contract end of 2023. Already rumours of Cotric and Jackson being moved on early. No doubt plenty more to follow
Good luck Trent. 2023 is a make or break season for him. That roster clean out is unheard of. I don't recall such a mass of signings and good signings at that!

mxlegend99

Referee
With all the players they have offloaded, it's hardly surprising that the Dogs had plenty to spend on.
You think they have offloaded ~$5m worth of talent?

Because the media figures reported have 8 of these guys combined for around half the salary cap. I know they got some bargains off the scrap heap like Vaughan and Dufty. But the figures don't add up and the Bulldogs will certainly need to have a fire sale to fit all these guys in for 2023.

I think Mahoney and Burton are actually decently priced and incredibly smart signings for Bulldogs. But the likes of JAC, TPJ, Kikau, Cotric etc. are way overpriced.

Original Name

Juniors
As long as Trent strokes that he will stay employed regardless of the failures
Perception is reality. People need to be reminded of how powerful you are for your reputation as a powerful man to continue. Gus is showing off the power and influence he wields to other clubs and players for that.

betcats

Referee
Still not completely convinced about the dogs in 2023. No doubt they will have a good starting side but how can they afford to have good depth? They will be struggling to keep any decent young players that come through. They must be planning to not sign and offload some more guys as they have with cotric who I assume they are chipping in for the raiders. They are going all out on buying a contending roster and pinning their hopes on an unproven coach. Good teams play a lot of footy together and have good depth. They are throwing a bunch of guys together on long pricey deals. If they don’t click straight away it will be interesting.

Iamback

Coach

Because the media figures reported have 8 of these guys combined for around half the salary cap. I know they got some bargains off the scrap heap like Vaughan and Dufty. But the figures don't add up and the Bulldogs will certainly need to have a fire sale to fit all these guys in for 2023.

I think Mahoney and Burton are actually decently priced and incredibly smart signings for Bulldogs. But the likes of JAC, TPJ, Kikau, Cotric etc. are way overpriced.

10 off contract this year. 17 the year after.
I don't doubt they will be under the cap. How top heavy they will be is the question and how well the discarded guys go elsewhere too

Iamback

Coach
Still not completely convinced about the dogs in 2023. No doubt they will have a good starting side but how can they afford to have good depth? They will be struggling to keep any decent young players that come through. They must be planning to not sign and offload some more guys as they have with cotric who I assume they are chipping in for the raiders. They are going all out on buying a contending roster and pinning their hopes on an unproven coach. Good teams play a lot of footy together and have good depth. They are throwing a bunch of guys together on long pricey deals. If they don’t click straight away it will be interesting.

Looking at guys off contract this year alone. Topine, Doorey. I rate RFM others don't but I see them as better off keeping them then going to get Kiks and TPJ. 1 of them yes but both don't win you comps

DinkyDi

Juniors

Apparently, the Bulldogs are on the verge in re-leasing Cotric back to the Raiders.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Perception is reality. People need to be reminded of how powerful you are for your reputation as a powerful man to continue. Gus is showing off the power and influence he wields to other clubs and players for that.

Original Name, it was an ego strike......Gus looking for attention. That's all. He got what he wanted.

Sime_11

Juniors
Dogs have half a spine for 2023 so far

6. Burton
9 Mahoney

Dufty has 12 months to prove he is the man going forward, Averillo prob gets 1st crack at 7 but hasnt kicked on yet and he may not kick on, time will tell.

building nicely but i think people are getting ahead of themselves - even that squad for 2023 still needs improvement to go with the likes of Penrith, Easts, Melbourne etc