What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Dogs have half a spine for 2023 so far

6. Burton
9 Mahoney

Dufty has 12 months to prove he is the man going forward, Averillo prob gets 1st crack at 7 but hasnt kicked on yet and he may not kick on, time will tell.

building nicely but i think people are getting ahead of themselves - even that squad for 2023 still needs improvement to go with the likes of Penrith, Easts, Melbourne etc

The issue with Dufty is do they have cap space to re-sign him?
That is the problem with this plan

Original Name

Juniors
Original Name, it was an ego strike......Gus looking for attention. That's all. He got what he wanted.
People would like the world to be black and white but it rarely is. People often do dodgy things for understandable reasons.

The politics of the Bulldogs board are a mess and a few people have been back stabbed. By making it known all the work he's doing recruiting with good players Gus makes himself known as an irreplacable guy to fans and there for above typical backstabbing others have to watch out for.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Dogs have half a spine for 2023 so far

6. Burton
9 Mahoney

Dufty has 12 months to prove he is the man going forward, Averillo prob gets 1st crack at 7 but hasnt kicked on yet and he may not kick on, time will tell.

building nicely but i think people are getting ahead of themselves - even that squad for 2023 still needs improvement to go with the likes of Penrith, Easts, Melbourne etc
Averillo will be fullback by 2023 imo

hindy111

Post Whore
You think they have offloaded ~$5m worth of talent?

Because the media figures reported have 8 of these guys combined for around half the salary cap. I know they got some bargains off the scrap heap like Vaughan and Dufty. But the figures don't add up and the Bulldogs will certainly need to have a fire sale to fit all these guys in for 2023.

I think Mahoney and Burton are actually decently priced and incredibly smart signings for Bulldogs. But the likes of JAC, TPJ, Kikau, Cotric etc. are way overpriced.

Its hard to know.

Rheed was imo top 3 hooker in game this season. But the years prior he was just solid , no frills.
Kikau is a weapon but only on a good side. In a weak team he won't be.
JAC spent his career at the best side in comp.

Did Cotric,DWZ and Allen turn into bums overnight? All looks very good and talented players so what happened?

I think you need to be very carefull when buy players from top clubs. Average guys can look much better then they are.

Burton is a different story based on the fact he is physically sensational. He is fast, big,strong and can step. If he isn't able to make it in the halves he will be a top shelf centre.

Problem for them is he has a player option for 2024. He will get offers of over 1million imo. 1.1-1.2
He might blow their cap right up.

hindy111

Post Whore
Atleast you guys won a title and have talent coming thru.

We lost 3 players on their prime. Extended Gutherson and N.Brown who is had it. And Jnr I hear will go to the Dolphins.
Full rebuild needed.

BxTom

Bench
Perception is reality. People need to be reminded of how powerful you are for your reputation as a powerful man to continue. Gus is showing off the power and influence he wields to other clubs and players for that.
I am sure that Gus could take (or arrange) a better quality picture than the one taken. The fact that it was from CCTV suggest that it was taken surreptitiously, i.e. no cameras to be present thank you. That is unless the conspiracy theorists on here think that perhaps the CCTV footage was shot from the grassy knoll. Cue the Twilight Zone music.

BxTom

Bench
Still not completely convinced about the dogs in 2023. No doubt they will have a good starting side but how can they afford to have good depth? They will be struggling to keep any decent young players that come through. They must be planning to not sign and offload some more guys as they have with cotric who I assume they are chipping in for the raiders. They are going all out on buying a contending roster and pinning their hopes on an unproven coach. Good teams play a lot of footy together and have good depth. They are throwing a bunch of guys together on long pricey deals. If they don’t click straight away it will be interesting.
I'd rather have a star of a team than a team of stars. Getting that lot to gel will be beyond super coach Barrett.

murraymob

Coach
Yeah I don't buy the conspiracy theory at all.

If the Bulldogs wanted Kikau for 2022, Kikau's manager would just come out and ask for it. There is no need for this cloak and dagger stuff.
You dead set love Gus he could run over Cleary and you would say it was the cars fault
Simple fact the photo was done the day before the parade why
He was in a bulldogs polo 15 months before he can play why
Rheed from parra now has been leaked

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I am sure that Gus could take (or arrange) a better quality picture than the one taken. The fact that it was from CCTV suggest that it was taken surreptitiously, i.e. no cameras to be present thank you. That is unless the conspiracy theorists on here think that perhaps the CCTV footage was shot from the grassy knoll. Cue the Twilight Zone music.

BxTom,

There are 2 photographers involved. The 'official' one taking the photo of Kiks, Barrett and Gould. (the original CTV showed this abet it grainy LOL) Then the one taken from the CTV screen, which was leaked (I'm sure) without Gould's knowledge.

Whino

Bench
Looking at guys off contract this year alone. Topine, Doorey. I rate RFM others don't but I see them as better off keeping them then going to get Kiks and TPJ. 1 of them yes but both don't win you comps

I like RFM too. We haven't seen the best of him yet. He has been in a shit side and has had injuries.
Worth keeping an eye on him next year after he returns from injury.

hindy111

Post Whore
You dead set love Gus he could run over Cleary and you would say it was the cars fault
Simple fact the photo was done the day before the parade why
He was in a bulldogs polo 15 months before he can play why
Rheed from parra now has been leaked

I think its suss that there has been two leaked photos of signings and both are from Dogs and against their rivals in the West. It smells of a big ego rubbing noses in it if ask me.

murraymob

Coach
For me it’s not that he has signed elsewhere that’s business.it that the NRL allow it to happen 15 months out from a season .now parra and Penrith are expected to sit back and support these guys
At least if it’s done next year not so bad

snickers007

Juniors
I think its suss that there has been two leaked photos of signings and both are from Dogs and against their rivals in the West. It smells of a big ego rubbing noses in it if ask me.

What photo of Mahoney has leaked? Surely were not talking about the paparazzi shot of the Chinese dinner?

If that's the case let's include the half dozen photos of Brandon Smith talking to rival clubs.

hindy111

Post Whore
Anyhows who cares. This is footy. You build a side and have a crack and then weak sides will pay over for success.
All you can hope for is more juniors come thru and you jag a title or atleast enjoy the season and play finals.

martielang

Bench
Gus 100% knew. There’s absolutely no other reason for that picture to be taken in the first place.

Not sure how anyone can say there’s no winners in this. The dogs have been on the back page of every paper for the last week. Could’ve even be the push Mahoney needed to sign on the dotted line.

Latest posts