What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

maple_69

Bench
For me it is the young guys missing so much footy over the last 2 seasons that is the issue. It will take those guys a while to find their feet
I’ll be interested to see how they go physically. The kids that haven’t got as much game time would have spent a lot more time in the gym than usual over the past two years. Maybe we see guys come in more physically prepared as a silver lining.

The proposition that the Panthers have a similar strength squad to last year and that Nate is all right, good and back to his best is ludricous.

He had a season ending injury which he played through by necessity, a risk which paid off.

New styles of play will need to be introduced to compensate for this comparative deficiencies.

He’s typically a rover type looking for a dropped ball or to clean up and make good, which he loves, but I think he needs to curtail this, to avoid unnecessary injury.

His kicking game must overshadow his natural instinct to rescue. Theres too much value from it.

I’d be resting him until April. One of the reasons being that the ferocity of the early rounds as players arrive refreshed and ready is a very dangerous period to have a player injured.

A whole years campaign can be discharged suddenly.

Last edited:
I thought you said recently that you didn't swear or abuse others on this platform. LIAR.

I don’t start abusing people. They start the harassment and get nasty, get personal and I respond. Then they usually skulk away.

I don’t often see eye to eye with Lambchop, but he’s been bang smack right on the money today.

It would be inappropriate to enter the season with unrealistic expectations. The days of endless wins, records, free flowing footy and dynamic wave defence seem to be coming to an end.

The issue is how to address this challenge.

Saying “ she’ll be right” doesn’t cut it, nor does shooting the messenger.

It’s possible to choke on ones smug. Theres a few folk here starting to gasp.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don’t start abusing people. They start the harassment and get nasty, get personal and I respond. Then they usually skulk away.

I don’t often see eye to eye with Lambchop, but he’s been bang smack right on the money today.

It would be inappropriate to enter the season with unrealistic expectations. The days of endless wins, records, free flowing footy and dynamic wave defence seem to be coming to an end.

The issue is how to address this challenge.

Saying “ she’ll be right” doesn’t cut it, nor does shooting the messenger.

It’s possible to choke on ones smug. Theres a few folk here starting to gasp.

My comment stands. The proof is in the pudding, or in your case the writing.

My comment stands. The proof is in the pudding, or in your case the writing.

I was more than measured.

It was one of the stupid posts ever conceived.

Appalling.

It helped my cause no end.

I thought Janey got belted too hard for her opinion last night.

I don’t blame her for confusing fact and opinion these days.

She’s not to know the difference I guess. Why she thinks her brain snaps help her club would make for a good psychology lecture.

Janey 101, compulsory.

She is not alone in her delusion and denial, plus at least she has an excuse in the co vid.

Seems like she’s had the co vid for a long long time!

I told her to consume the NZ Manuka Honey. Yam and Brussel Sprout soup.

No one else on the forum is trying to help her.

That’s just wrong.

There’s no loneliness or abandonment at the Tigers. We’d look after her properly.

Last edited:

DinkyDi

Juniors
I was more than measured.

It was one of the stupid posts ever conceived.

Appalling.

It helped my cause no end.

I thought Janey got belted too hard for her opinion last night.

I don’t blame her for confusing fact and opinion these days.

She’s not to know the difference I guess. Why she thinks her brain snaps help her club would make for a good psychology lecture.

Janey 101, compulsory.

She is not alone in her delusion and denial, plus at least she has an excuse in the co vid.

Seems like she’s had the co vid for a long long time!

I told her to consume the NZ Manuka Honey. Yam and Brussel Sprout soup.
I broke my word. If you are referencing me, please, spell my name right. Also, you should not have referenced me in the first place. Those comment from @Luke Bowden @murraymob and @soc123_au, was respectful. Do not start problems.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just found out why I couldn't use the 'like' button for a few days. Realised after reading another thread, if you have an 'ad blocker' on this site, it stops the like button from being available.

So paused the ad blocker and all is well.

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
If Tago played as well as Burton did in the finals, then we will be okay.
I don't like our chances of a winger dropping the ball cold with our line wide open or Sorensen running down a half back again. If Tago plays as bad as Burton did against the Storm we will not be ok, chances are we will lose as we were extremely f**king lucky to have survived those.

Fangs

Coach
Just found out why I couldn't use the 'like' button for a few days. Realised after reading another thread, if you have an 'ad blocker' on this site, it stops the like button from being available.

So paused the like button, and all is well.

Great news.

I do hope you'll find the time to go back and like my most recent posts which are of excellent quality.

Girds89

Bench
No excuses this year for spencer leniu..has to be the season ivan trusts him more and gives him proper minutes. Atleast 30ish a game imo. He was massivley underutilised last season. He can be a game breaker and we will need him to be a confident high performer when kiks leaves as they both are damaging in similar ways.

Has to be his breakout season and he needs to stamp his authority and put his foot down and play so well in attack and DEFENCE that ivan cant stuff him around and he gets bigger minutes.

Also a big season for critta. Hope to see him get more involved in the centres this year. Want to see him go looking for action and not wait for it yo come out to him. He has a few levels left in him and this needs to be a bit of a stand up year for him. If he wants to play origin etc than he needs to benchmark himself against the best and hes just not at that level yet. He cant do what turbo and latrell did in origin and what joey does for the chooks.

I want to see him take a big step closer to that level this season as we will need it. Defensivley hes been brilliant but will need him to get the right side firing this year.

Smug Panther

First Grade
No excuses this year for spencer leniu..has to be the season ivan trusts him more and gives him proper minutes. Atleast 30ish a game imo. He was massivley underutilised last season. He can be a game breaker and we will need him to be a confident high performer when kiks leaves as they both are damaging in similar ways.

Has to be his breakout season and he needs to stamp his authority and put his foot down and play so well in attack and DEFENCE that ivan cant stuff him around and he gets bigger minutes.

Also a big season for critta. Hope to see him get more involved in the centres this year. Want to see him go looking for action and not wait for it yo come out to him. He has a few levels left in him and this needs to be a bit of a stand up year for him. If he wants to play origin etc than he needs to benchmark himself against the best and hes just not at that level yet. He cant do what turbo and latrell did in origin and what joey does for the chooks.

I want to see him take a big step closer to that level this season as we will need it. Defensivley hes been brilliant but will need him to get the right side firing this year.
No Momo on the right will open up the attack so much. Also hope we see Luai float over there to cover for Edwards lack of ball playing

DinkyDi

Juniors
I don't like our chances of a winger dropping the ball cold with our line wide open or Sorensen running down a half back again. If Tago plays as bad as Burton did against the Storm we will not be ok, chances are we will lose as we were extremely f**king lucky to have survived those.
I just love your positivity? Yes Burton had one, and I repeat one, bad game.

chrisD

Coach
I just love your positivity? Yes Burton had one, and I repeat one, bad game.
No he had a poor finals series and a horrendous game that we survived through sheer luck. Point being Tago just has to be anonymous for him to be an improvement on Burton in the finals.

Latest posts