What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Smug Panther

First Grade
I hope Api and Kikau both have great last seasons, we will need them too. Haven’t heard anything from Api but I read a piece recently where Kikau was talking himself up, saying this is going to be his best season. Turning 27 in April he really should be coming into his best years.

We have 11 players coming off contract at the end of 2022 which is equal highest in the NRL with the Sharks and Cowboys. Probably doesn’t mean a lot.
Means we can go to market and pick up what we need

Smug Panther

First Grade
Hopefully we may not have too, the next generation is in our junior ranks. That May be asking too much but there are high hopes for quite a few so looking forward too seeing how Flegg progress this season.
Always need a piece or 2. Capwell and Api for example

Kilkenny

Coach
Always need a piece or 2. Capwell and Api for example
We will know in a month or two.

We can’t expect a season where we win our first dozen games, it’s just not going to happen.

I’m sure we are all up for the challenge of the new season.

Looking forward to it. It’s going to be tough, much tougher than 2020, 2021 but I am optimistic the next generation can deliver. Lindsay Smith, J’Maine Hopgood, the younger May, and a few others I think can have breakout seasons. Time will tell. I think Smith and J’Maine have great futures in the NRL although if they have breakout seasons the Dolphins are going to be sniffing around.

Original Name

Juniors
We will know in a month or two.

We can’t expect a season where we win our first dozen games, it’s just not going to happen.

I’m sure we are all up for the challenge of the new season.

Looking forward to it. It’s going to be tough, much tougher than 2020, 2021 but I am optimistic the next generation can deliver. Lindsay Smith, J’Maine Hopgood, the younger May, and a few others I think can have breakout seasons. Time will tell. I think Smith and J’Maine have great futures in the NRL although if they have breakout seasons the Dolphins are going to be sniffing around.
Long term for Lindsay I think he could be decent. But he needs to fill out and or get more physical. He plays like a workhorse type pacing himself making little impact early with the ball and relies on fatigue of the opposition/momentum latter on to run at half gaps. Needs to take it upon himself to make a dent in the line or find a way to get a better play the ball more consistently.

Hopgood is much more of a complete player.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
The guys off contract are L. Smith, Turuva, Hopgood, May, C. Crichton, Blacker, Eisenhuth, Falls, Riki, SOS, Salmon, Rennings and C. Smith.
First four are kids that should be extended if they do the right things and the rest are depth that will continue to be depth or someone else will.

Critta, Leniu, Marto and To’o are the big name guys free to look elsewhere at the end of the year.

Fangs

Coach
In years gone by he would be playing on and playing decent football at the expense of his long-term health.

Those days are over. It's only a matter of time before he retires from a head knock. Yeo is already a concern for us and having Wade in the team would be a big gamble.

murraymob

First Grade
We are losing a few players this year next year but at least we have juniors.Melbourne are getting torn apart some big losses there and I still think Munster is holding out for a bigger pay day.the new club has targeted them for sure

Latest posts