What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Crashtest

Juniors
Looks like Bennett is after another Panthers junior according to smh.

Dolphins continue Penrith raid
There was a lot of talk during the week about some of Penrith’s biggest names being targeted by the Dolphins. Behind the scenes, they’ve made a massive play for teenage fullback sensation Sunia Turuva.

The Panthers won’t be able to throw around the kind of money on offer for him at the NRL’s newest club. It’s a constant problem the high-flying Panthers seem to be facing as they try to keep their unheralded stars from the advances of the cashed-up Dolphins.
Turuva has also attracted interest from the Wests Tigers. He is the younger cousin of Api Koroisau, who will link with the Tigers from the premiers next year.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Let Critter and Martin go and play Burton in the backrow...he will end up in the backrow anyway e.g Wade Graham or even back in the centres for abit. Kikau and Api are both massive losses! They proved how good they're last night against Storm.
Disagree. He's biggish but he's 5 years away from the forwards if ever

DinkyDi

Juniors
D

Do you comment for the sake of making a comment or actually read what’s there.it clearly says the rumour is

murraymob said:
T

he rumour is burton wants out.cant blame him there is way bigger money out there than the dogs give him .Sadly we don’t have 5 dollars to get him back

The bold part was what I was referring to. Learn to construct sentences better next time.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He's built more like Luke Lewis than Wade
Yeah your right. His future though is not in the halves.

Anyone who thought he was an organising halfback within the dogs recruitment and coaching ranks needs to have a good hard look at themselves.

When Burton attempts to organise and count numbers, he looks very uncomfortable. It also stops his natural explosive running game.

At this stage (right now) he's a running 5/8th. The expectation that he would steer a team around the park is mind boggling.

Until the dogs get a proper no 7, they will struggle.

Me at this stage I'd keep as a running 5/8th, with an organising halfback. But in about 18months or so I would transition him to either lock or edge back row.

Iamback

Coach
Looks like Bennett is after another Panthers junior according to smh.

Dolphins continue Penrith raid
There was a lot of talk during the week about some of Penrith’s biggest names being targeted by the Dolphins. Behind the scenes, they’ve made a massive play for teenage fullback sensation Sunia Turuva.

The Panthers won’t be able to throw around the kind of money on offer for him at the NRL’s newest club. It’s a constant problem the high-flying Panthers seem to be facing as they try to keep their unheralded stars from the advances of the cashed-up Dolphins.
Turuva has also attracted interest from the Wests Tigers. He is the younger cousin of Api Koroisau, who will link with the Tigers from the premiers next year.

They are going after the wrong guys.
Turuva will stay in Sydney.
Family bonds are too close

forby

Juniors
If you watch their games he is a integral part of the team, and provides a lot of strike of the bench when needed.
Eiso and API are both 30 this year!

Iamback

Coach
If you watch their games he is a integral part of the team, and provides a lot of strike of the bench when needed.
Eiso and API are both 30 this year!

No one has debuted at 30.

Mav or even Hopgood should be getting those edge minutes

Crashtest

Juniors
Yeah your right. His future though is not in the halves.

Anyone who thought he was an organising halfback within the dogs recruitment and coaching ranks needs to have a good hard look at themselves.

When Burton attempts to organise and count numbers, he looks very uncomfortable. It also stops his natural explosive running game.

At this stage (right now) he's a running 5/8th. The expectation that he would steer a team around the park is mind boggling.

Until the dogs get a proper no 7, they will struggle.

Me at this stage I'd keep as a running 5/8th, with an organising halfback. But in about 18months or so I would transition him to either lock or edge back row.
I can’t see Burton moving to the forwards.

Players like Graham could only dream of having the speed, running game and kicking game of Burton. Burton also has a different body composition to Graham.

Tommy Turbo is 4cm taller and 6kg heavier than Burton, but no one is saying he will have to move to the forwards, and fullbacks have to do far more running in a game than 5/8’s. Jack Wighton as another example is the same height and wieight as Buton, and no one is trying to move him to the forwards either.

Latest posts