What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
It may only be 10 games, but the fact he has scored 10 tries in those 10 games, is 2nd on the tries scorer list, plus averaging 171m a game, there will be clubs willing to offer him more than $250k To lure him away from the Panthers.

If his manager is smart, he will delay signing a new deal because his value goes up with each game and each try.

It’s the same with Tago. Look at some of the weak centre options that other clubs have, and would love to have Tago and be willing to play more than 300k for him.

I don't think we keep him long term but he is jersey Flegg age. 2 more years to develop and he can get longer deal at a better club

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Spencer at only what 21 or 22 years old isn't even near his prime as a prop...could legit become top 5 best props in the game in the next 3 years! Surely gotta keep him and offload Critter who will be getting massive offers way over his worth in a center position we can fill.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Spencer at only what 21 or 22 years old isn't even near his prime as a prop...could legit become top 5 best props in the game in the next 3 years! Surely gotta keep him and offload Critter who will be getting massive offers way over his worth in a center position we can fill

If we lose Crichton we most likely will lose To'o and even more players.

Iamback

Coach
Spencer at only what 21 or 22 years old isn't even near his prime as a prop...could legit become top 5 best props in the game in the next 3 years! Surely gotta keep him and offload Critter who will be getting massive offers way over his worth in a center position we can fill.

How much money do you spend on middles though?

Fringe first graders Ivan appears to do with with. Look at Capewell, (couldn't get a full gig at the Sharks, came in and killed it.) Scotty S, Mom have done the same.

Put 'plodders' like these above mentioned in a team with star players like Yeo, Cleary etal, good systems and coaching and they will shine.

All for a bargain basement pricetag.
This, right here, is exactly why I think Luke Garner will shine with us

mxlegend99

Referee
The losing one and they all follow theory is ridiculous. Especially since keeping one doesn't make them all stay.

They would all prefer to stay. Because they're mates with most of the team and not just one or two guys. To'o won't suddenly want to leave if Critter is gone. Still have Luai here who he's tight with, it's still his junior club and he lives in the area with his family that he's extremely close to. This is a successful club and he loves it here.

Critter seems more about the big bucks than most the other young guys. So if he left it wouldn't bother me too much. Also as good as he can be, he's a right centre who for some reason has stopped being able to pass to his right which means our right winger gets starved of quality ball.

If we had a prime Dean Whare in the side right now Charlie Staines would have scored so many tries we would be struggling to decide who To'o replaced after returning. But as it stands now our right winger is lucky to get one opportunity in a game. Which almost spooks them when they finally do. I'd be tempted to try swapping sides completely with Tago/May and Critter/To'o and see if Tago and May can strike up anything on the right.

We know Critter and To'o on the left are a dangerous attacking combination. Pretty harsh our senior combination are moved for a couple of rookies.

Iamback

Coach
The losing one and they all follow theory is ridiculous. Especially since keeping one doesn't make them all stay.

They would all prefer to stay. Because they're mates with most of the team and not just one or two guys. To'o won't suddenly want to leave if Critter is gone. Still have Luai here who he's tight with, it's still his junior club and he lives in the area with his family that he's extremely close to. This is a successful club and he loves it here.

Critter seems more about the big bucks than most the other young guys. So if he left it wouldn't bother me too much. Also as good as he can be, he's a right centre who for some reason has stopped being able to pass to his right which means our right winger gets starved of quality ball.

If we had a prime Dean Whare in the side right now Charlie Staines would have scored so many tries we would be struggling to decide who To'o replaced after returning. But as it stands now our right winger is lucky to get one opportunity in a game. Which almost spooks them when they finally do. I'd be tempted to try swapping sides completely with Tago/May and Critter/To'o and see if Tago and May can strike up anything on the right.

We know Critter and To'o on the left are a dangerous attacking combination. Pretty harsh our senior combination are moved for a couple of rookies.

He is on the wrong side. Farnsworth is another moved to the wrong side. Affects stepping and passing but can improve with time

Panfa

Juniors
I'm ok with losing chrichton or t'oo or both if clubs are paying stupid money for them.As long as we have our spine then we will be strong for a long time.Forwards and outside backs you can find to do a job spine players you can't.If we lost chrichton and got Burton back have we really lost anything no.

Iamback

Coach
I'm ok with losing chrichton or t'oo or both if clubs are paying stupid money for them.As long as we have our spine then we will be strong for a long time.Forwards and outside backs you can find to do a job spine players you can't.If we lost chrichton and got Burton back have we really lost anything no.

Tago and Turuva have agreed. So I think the rest will follow suit