What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

snickers007

Juniors
Just unbelievable that last year at fullback he was actually able to set up a few tries on the right edge and a year later he's actually worse passing to his right than he used to be.

1 Try Assist all year - which was way back in Rnd 3, against a 12 man Knights - in the last 90 seconds of the game. It's almost laughable.

Iamback

Coach
1 Try Assist all year - which was way back in Rnd 3, against a 12 man Knights - in the last 90 seconds of the game. It's almost laughable.

Tago has 3

It goes further on the right though

Martin has 1 try assist
Kiks has 7

That is why I can't blame Crichton the whole right needs to get better with the ball

chrisD

Coach
Agree. Would like to see To'o inside him breaking tackles and getting the ball to his winger...
Can't say I've seen anything to suggest To'o is a centre. May would be the one I'd be interested in seeing at centre, I dunno how he'd go passing but he's got some slick feet and I think he could put a move on and stand a defender up in the line 1 on 1 as a centre is supposed to, and as Best, Momo and Val have done to Crichton this season and I don't think Crichton has ever done to anyone his whole career.

Black Panther

Juniors
There were suggestions very early on CHN was involved, he vehemently denied the claims and it is my understanding it was determined he was not responsible.

I don’t think it is appropriate to link him again to this matter as it was never substantiated and as it stands he was not responsible.
Would take CHN back in a heart beat. Was always one of my favourites coming through the Grades.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Ciraldo reportably knocked back the Tigers late last year. If he is looking to re-sign that tells me he has no interest in the Dogs.
The guys at Fox 360 think that Gus wants Freddy to coach the Bulldogs. Apparently they are waiting for Origin to be over before announcing anything.

Passing a ball either side isn't hard. No idea how professional footballers can't do it
I think it comes down to him tucking the ball under his right arm going into contact. When he catches and passes in a single motion (like in his time at fullback) he is fine. He does make some errors in judgement about ticking the ball too option rather than positioning his winger.

Iamback

Coach
There were suggestions very early on CHN was involved, he vehemently denied the claims and it is my understanding it was determined he was not responsible.

I don’t think it is appropriate to link him again to this matter as it was never substantiated and as it stands he was not responsible.

I was merely stating why the players wouldn't want him back.

Iamback

Coach
I think it comes down to him tucking the ball under his right arm going into contact. When he catches and passes in a single motion (like in his time at fullback) he is fine. He does make some errors in judgement about ticking the ball too option rather than positioning his winger.

Which hopefully comes with time on the right

Kilkenny

Coach
Sharks rumoured to be looking at signing Kurt Falls to play 6 for them.. I guess he will be auditioning for a contract on the weekend.
He is auditioning every week in NSW Cup.

His path to NRL is blocked and he has Puru coming through the ranks so his task doesn’t get any easier. If he gets a better opportunity elsewhere he has to grab it with both hands.

It is great to see him get a debut this week, he has done it the hard way like many others in recent times. Great to see, we all hope he has a great debut.